Thread: Most overlooked character

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Relm Most overlooked character

Just like the tin says, which party member do you feel gets a bit of the shaft from all the VI fans in terms of playbaility.

I would guess its Relm, Strago, Umaro, and Cyan. Though I would also think to add Gogo and Mog since they are only appreciated for one trait (secondary Figaro Bros./No Encounters Relic). So who would you guess?

Also, we are not counting temp characters like ?????, Banon, Biggs, Wedge, and Leo.
    Last edited by Wolf Kanno; 07-23-2010 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Poor Cyan...

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post

I would guess its Relm, Strago, Umaro, and Strago. Though I would also think to add Gogo and Mog since they are only appreciated for one trait (secondary Figaro Bros./No Encounters Relic). So who would you guess?
    STRAGO! Cause his name is mentioned twice!

Blog Entries

I want to say Gau but i know he has a niche but devoted fanbase.

Relm is probably used very little in the original because of the sketch bug and teaching Strago Lores can be a pain (and In my experience they arent very effective). Though using their elemental rod weapons is pretty cool.

And personally I loved Mog's dance move. The Geomancer is a dying class that I think is due for a return in the FF series (unless there was already one in FFXIII, I havent played it yet)
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

I would have to say Gau. I never played with him and I don't know anyone who has played with him either.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

I always made a point to use everyone from time to time. Even taught everyone every spell. I would guess Gau to be an under used character for most, since he had no standard fight command. He could be a devistating combatant for people who experimented with him and learned some of his more useful Rages. Which I did.
    It was tough work, carrying two hundred and twenty pounds of sociopath to the top of Gotham Towers~~ The hightest spot in the city. The scream alone is worth it.- Batman, The Dark Knight Returns.

I would say Strago and Gau, I love using him and I see no one else I know does, "I have to go to veldt to learn stuff...too lazy" Really is easy and an incredibly versatile character with little reliance on mana in the earlier stages of the game.
    After you get the sand off my boots make me a sandwich

Crocodylus Pontifex The Space Pope's Avatar

Cyan was overlooked? He didn't particularly interest me but I liked using him in my party.

I have never used Relm or Strago.
    derp

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by dunit697 View Post
    I would say Strago and Gau, I love using him and I see no one else I know does, "I have to go to veldt to learn stuff...too lazy" Really is easy and an incredibly versatile character with little reliance on mana in the earlier stages of the game.
    Not to mention if you are playing the buggy SNES version you get access to Wind God Gau... as well as Psycho Cyan.

Probably Strago, seeing how he's the only one without any sort of fanbase or central reason that people use him (eg: Cyan's SwordTechs and Psycho Cyan Glitch, Gau's strong starting stats and rages, etc).