Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When and How do i get mog FF6

Default When and How do i get mog FF6

i am at the part where i have to goto the ophra house and i have to try to get the airship when do i get mog

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Your first chance to get Mog happens after you visit the southern continent and deal with the Empire a little bit. You'll finally have full control of the airship and can return to Narshe.

Go to the house on the far right of the town where the old man keeps his treasures. If you visited before, you know one of the treasures was "locked". You'll encounter Lone Wolf the Pickpocket who has stolen this treasure and you will chase him around Narshe and the Mines. Finally you will corner him in the area by the Frozen Esper and he'll have Mog as hostage. You basically have to choose between Mog or a Gold Hairpin item. Mog can be acquired later but its much later. Also if you are playing any version of VI that's isn't the GBA version, Mog will never be able to acquire one of his Dances if you choose the Gold Hairpin over him.

Hope this helps without too many spoilers.

Blog Entries

Might I add that you can get golden hairpins later on in the game. I would strongly suggest you get Mog ASAP. Also about that dance you can miss, you get it by going through the serpents drench (sp?). You need Mog in your party and then go through the underwater place and fight. Then he'll learn the dance and you can be on your way. You can get almost all of Mogs dances when you first get him.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Blog Entries

You can also get his underwater dance at Lete River
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Ofcourse, if you go down the Lete River or the Serpent Trench, you have to return by the other to get back to your airship, so either way is good, just be prepare for a long walk.

Its worth it, though, the water dance is one of his better dance powers.
    It was tough work, carrying two hundred and twenty pounds of sociopath to the top of Gotham Towers~~ The hightest spot in the city. The scream alone is worth it.- Batman, The Dark Knight Returns.

thank you all i just got terra back and i made the deal with the empire to help then i need to get the airship and goto cresent island can i get him now and if so where is Lete River/Serpent Trench and if i get mog now by saving him from lone wolf what lvl will he be (i dont think i can get him now because from what im guessing im only allowed to use Terra and Locke for now)

2 things im at the part where i finished dinner with the empire can i get mog now/i have the genji glove and ultima weapon is there a genji armor/shield/sword/helm in the game and is genji sword stronger than ultima weapon

Blog Entries

You just skipped over the part where you can get mog, but you can still get him a little later when you get your airship back. I assume this is the part where it's crash landed. (you're heading to cresent island on a boat, not your airship)

And there is no Genji Sword however there is an Armour helmet and sheild but I dont think theyre the most powerful armour.
    Have a nice day!!

ok when CAN i get mog because i am making a new game anyways when can i go get mog (of corse for my new game)

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

After the Opera House when you first get Setzer and have control of the airship you should be able to return to Narshe and choose between Mog or the Golden Hairpin. As mentioned, there's another Gold Hairpin later in the game and you can also fight for them at the colliseum but they aren't all that great. Once you get him put him in your party and then fly to the Veldt. Jump into the water like you did with Gau, Cyan and Sabin. Ride it out then you'll have to walk to South Figaro and go on a boat ride. After the ride you should be able to walk back through the forest and jump back onto the Veldt to reach your airship again.

Quote Originally Posted by MinatoxNaruto View Post
    thank you all i just got terra back and i made the deal with the empire to help then i need to get the airship and goto cresent island can i get him now and if so where is Lete River/Serpent Trench and if i get mog now by saving him from lone wolf what lvl will he be (i dont think i can get him now because from what im guessing im only allowed to use Terra and Locke for now)
    Mog will be around level 25 when he joins you IIRC

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

this is off topic but hell this is my topic so in the clock in zozo what is the time i need

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

6 hours, 10 minutes, and 50 seconds.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    After the Opera House when you first get Setzer and have control of the airship you should be able to return to Narshe and choose between Mog or the Golden Hairpin. As mentioned, there's another Gold Hairpin later in the game and you can also fight for them at the colliseum but they aren't all that great. Once you get him put him in your party and then fly to the Veldt. Jump into the water like you did with Gau, Cyan and Sabin. Ride it out then you'll have to walk to South Figaro and go on a boat ride. After the ride you should be able to walk back through the forest and jump back onto the Veldt to reach your airship again.
    No after the opera house you are automatically flown to the Vector continent, you only get control of the airship after the magitek factory and Terra rejoins your party.
    Have a nice day!!

thank you all i now have mog early in the game

one more thing where can i find lete river and what do dances do also what is mogs best dance

1 more thing if i have 9999 hp how much damage should ultima weapon do

Just use the edit button if you need to say more. The forum doesn't allow W-Posts ~ WK
    Last edited by Wolf Kanno; 07-28-2010 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Merging posts