Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Sucker Punch

That actually raises my faith in its possibilities a bit. I have more faith in original IPs catching my interest than comic inspired ideas. But it still looks like they might be marrying visuals. Not that I require some deep or convoluted plot to be happy. It could be like Donnie Darko and just a mindsmurfy trip into someone's psyche, as long as its well crafted at least, I'd probably be happy

It reminded me of Gothika. I do enjoy that movie. Of course, it's a lot more action packed than Gothika is...also more fun looking.

and just a mindsmurfy trip into someone's psyche, as long as its well crafted at least, I'd probably be happy
    I've always loved the decent into the darkness of a mind to discover some one else's cob webs and spiders...You put it epically. Thanks for sharing.

The more I think about it, the less it's like Gothika...

Hmph, but something about it still reminded me of it.
    Last edited by spirit; 03-17-2011 at 02:09 AM.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Whatever happened to proper action heroines like Sarah Conner and Ellen Ripley?
    The 90s ended. Or we could just blame the popularity spurt of anime in the United States.

I dunno, I thought the Latina girl who committed suicide in Avatar was kinda cool.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Aside from the hints of montherly nature, a man could have just as easily portrayed those roles. Those are pretty gender-neutral female heroes. Now we have counter-balances to testosterone heroes found in things like The Expendibles, we get uh .... wait, I'm not sure this is actually a valid thesis to run with

FFXIV Character

I saw the trailer for it when I was at GameStop of all places yesterday.

It looks awesome.
    I like Kung-Fu.

I'll be seeing it alone. But I'll be seeing it!

FFXIV Character

I'll be seeing it even though all the reviews are saying it's terrible.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    all the reviews are saying it's terrible.
    Not sure what exactly they're saying, but it sadly doesn't surprise me. It did look like it was all style. I didn't expect much substance..

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I think this is the sort of film where most people have made up their minds about it before they go and see it. And Snyder's style will always be pretty Marmite.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Screw reviews, I've disagreed more often than not with reviews. Most reviews love to eat up and digest upon anticipation and glory...

"An epic action fantasy with scantily-clothed young women as warriors bringing mayhem to zombies and dragons."
    ...This is supposedly a bad review, but I think it made me want to go see this movie even more.
    "Dour and pretentious to the point of pain."
    ...Aww come on!
    "It's bloody but without menstrual awareness; just as its musical pretext neglects to express genuine feminine trauma or yearning."
    ...Ouch!
    (more reviews: Sucker Punch Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes)
    Whatevs, I still want to see it. As stated above, we all know that this movie is going to be terrible, but we'll go see it anyway. Because let's face it: most of us, especially those on this particular forum, are attracted to women in skimpy clothing, zombies, and dragons. It's a guilty pleasure.

Doll face speaks wisdom beyond his years.

Oh no you did NOT spirit! I outta Sucker Punch you.
    ME FEMALE.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cloud_doll View Post
    "An epic action fantasy with scantily-clothed young women as warriors bringing mayhem to zombies and dragons."
    ...This is supposedly a bad review, but I think it made me want to go see this movie even more.
    "Dour and pretentious to the point of pain."
    ...Aww come on!
    "It's bloody but without menstrual awareness; just as its musical pretext neglects to express genuine feminine trauma or yearning."
    ...Ouch!
    (more reviews: Sucker Punch Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes)
    Whatevs, I still want to see it. As stated above, we all know that this movie is going to be terrible, but we'll go see it anyway. Because let's face it: most of us, especially those on this particular forum, are attracted to women in skimpy clothing, zombies, and dragons. It's a guilty pleasure.
    I hate zombies and dragons. And if I wanted to see women in skimpy clothing, that's what the internet is for.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"