Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Thread: Sucker Punch

Blog Entries

What a coincidence, I was just about to go looking for the sucker punch thread just to read other people's opinons and handily enough someone bumped it for me.

I just saw it, and as a person who had no expectations at all and had not seen any trailers I thought it was pretty good. I think it was something about the music that kept each scene alive, though I would have liked if the action scenes had a bit more to do with the events in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon
    Baby Doll quickly learns that the place isn't really a mental institution, but a cover up for a burlesque house. There is little emotion at all in this. Emily is pretty quiet during this sequence which made it seem less real to me.
    I thought the burlesque house itself was a fantasy (when they said that it was just a front i thought they meant the dance club was a front for a brothel) and the fight scenes were a fantasy within a fantasy.

Which was why she showed no emotion when the mental institution was "revealed" to be a burlesque house

Unless you meant it was still actually a mental institution but the orderly sold his patients for sex on the side.

On a more metaphoric less solid note, I assume dancing was just her fantasy for them being smurfed.
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 07-13-2011 at 03:43 PM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Yeah, I think either Depression moon didn't want to spoil the movie for us, or he misunderstood quite a bit.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I actually just watched this movie this past weekend. I would say it was entertaining and pretty to watch, and it's not a bad movie if that's all you expect out of it. I just liked watching girls kick butt and the pretty action scenes.

Also, I had to look up Emily Browning because I thought she was so adorably gorgeous and cute in the movie...but I'm a tad disappointed. I know I know, it's all makeup and special effects in the movie...but the dark red lipstick gave me quite a shock. She's still cute, but in the movie I remember thinking "omg she's the cutest prettiest girl EVARRRR"

sucker-punch-baby-doll.jpg emily-browning-baby-doll-sucker-punch_500_333_100.jpg
    10504296_tml.jpg emily_browning_VqRpr.jpg

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

She looks terrible in that last picture, and I doubt it's because she's got an ungodly amount of makeup in the scenes from the film, but more because she's got terrible makeup on in that picture. I'm sure it wouldn't be much of a problem to choose a makeup style that was closer to what she was in the film, than what she is in the last picture.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Meh, Rocket is obviously the hottest chick in the movie anyway.