Thread: Cosplay

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

Default Cosplay

Specifically FF characters *fights off admins* so no moving this around

ANYWAY.

I'm planning on going to a con in October, but have NO idea who to cosplay.

Question: Any ideas? I'm planning next May to be Paine, and at some point Tifa (original FFVII or AC?) but I'm not sure about this one. Depending on whether my mate will go as Cloud I'll more than likely go as Tifa, but let's say he isn't, who?

I'm not that in to other FFs, only played any after FFVII. I'd prefer suggestions excluding FFXI (not played), FFXII if ya can help it, and by no means FFXIII, but I'm totally open to anything FFVII and on (: Oh, preferebly female characters too O_o...

And another question: have you ever cosplayed anyone (from FF =_=), if so who? Where abouts and who with? How much fun was it?

Help would be VERY much appreciated! I need to lose a bit of weight for Paine anyway so don't worry about the body side of it xD unless you seriously are going to suggest Lightning. No. Just no.

I am not a man

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

You could do Quistis (she's usually overlooked with FFVIII cosplays) or Beatrix maybe.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Oh you're a female?

Maybe Hippaul's mom, Xu, Scarlet, Yunalesca, Relm, Quina, Siren, Shiva, a Cleyran dancer, The Queen of Cards, Jesse, Raine

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Rinoa, Aerith, Tifa, and Yuna are overused in conventions, your bound to run into dozens of them but if any of them strike your fancy I say go for it!

If you have some serious time and don't mind some questionable glances, I would say Freya cause she's really overlooked and has a pretty die hard fanbase. Beatrix and Dagger are also welcomed. No one really does IX characters.

Elena of the Turks is also a welcomed sight but sadly you need a Reno or Rude to have around so people recognize who you are sadly... Hell, if you can find some guys to be Rufus and Heidegger, go for Scarlet cause I don't think I've seen someone try to cosplay as her. If you don't have the group, you might get mistaken for a sexy version of Anna from Tekken instead.

Another fun and impressive character to do is Lulu. There are not many of her for good reason but she gets serious attention if your willing to spend the time to make her belt goth dress.

VII and VIII are the easiest to do and X also gets a lot of love. Very few people do the older FFs...

I never cosplayed as an FF character though I have wanted to do a few people (I'm hoping Dissidia will make people bring out some older characters at my convention this year) but I have done a Black Trench Nobody from Kingdom Hearts (though I was technically Spike Speigel, it was a cosplay skit, you don't want to know...) and I've cosplayed as a pretty sorry looking Crono from Chrono Trigger, sorry because I don't really look like him nor was I able to spike my hair up Toriyama style.

I do have a running joke with friends that I would do a "Girls of FF" cosplay group. It stems from the fact that a good chunk of the Clouds, Sephiroths, Squalls and Turks you run into at conventions are usually done by girls crossplaying so I wanted to do an all female group done by guys.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Oh you're a female?
    She's going to eat you alive

Lulu ftw
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Lulu for sure!

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

xD yeah I'm getting annoyed at those manly jokes, better change the name back to Lady of the Sheep.

Right, okies, so far I'm hot on the ideas:

Tifa
    Lulu
    A Turk, but then again really not sure anyone else is gonna want to be my Reno or Rude
    Yunalesca would be..interesting? o_O
    Relm looks pretty cool

I'm being a bit picky, in that I don't want to look too plain (I know, Turk = suit but I love them XD), then again I doubt anything too fancy would be good since this is my first cosplay event =/ Up for a challenge though!

I am not a man

I thought it would be fun to cosplay as a generic SOLDIER 1st class... make a costume like Zack's/Angeal's, sling a sword on your back, and voila. Simple and fun, and without the exhaustive research it might take to cosplay a specific character.

Sephiroth would be fun too... if I could figure out how to carry around a katana which is longer than I am tall.

Elena of the Turks is also a welcomed sight but sadly you need a Reno or Rude to have around so people recognize who you are sadly... Hell, if you can find some guys to be Rufus and Heidegger, go for Scarlet cause I don't think I've seen someone try to cosplay as her. If you don't have the group, you might get mistaken for a sexy version of Anna from Tekken instead.
    You forgot about Cissnei, or am I the only one in this thread who's played Crisis Core?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Some of us would prefer to ignore CC's existence...

Oh, don't be like that. CC is great, as long as you focus on the real characters (the ones who existed before the game). Sephiroth, Tseng, Zack, Aerith... All fantastically well implemented in the story, even if the gameplay was terrible.

Reading the post above yours, though, who is this "Cissnei"?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

She's a Turk, playable (but nameless) in Before Crisis, who was also included in Crisis Core.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Oh, don't be like that. CC is great, as long as you focus on the real characters (the ones who existed before the game). Sephiroth, Tseng, Zack, Aerith... All fantastically well implemented in the story, even if the gameplay was terrible.

Reading the post above yours, though, who is this "Cissnei"?
    Its hard to ignore the bad characters when the game keeps throwing them in your face; going far enough to have one of them added into one of the most memorable scenes in VII's mythos.

But true, the original characters were done pretty well even if Sephiroth continued his DBZ rise in power that contrasts his power in the original game and it retcon back the one retcon I actually liked from the Compilation (Last Order is still my favorite thing to come out of the Compilation). Good lord don't remind me of the gameplay...