Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About Anima

Default About Anima

Hello I just wondered... Anyone knows how Anima didn't kill Seymour when he first summoned her seeing as she is or at least was supposed to be Final Aeon?

When Sin is defeated, Yu Yevon joins with the summoner's Final Aeon to create a new Sin. This severes the link between aeon and summoner, resulting in their death. Seymour hasn't called Anima to do battle with Sin, so their link remains intact.
    Last edited by TheSpoonyBard; 07-28-2010 at 04:45 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

He never used her as Final Aeon at all. He sealed her into a stone and she became a normal aeon.

Where did you got the info that he sealed her ?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Read it somewhere. It's never mentioned in the game, though.

I think it was Yunalesca that transported Anima's fayth to Baaj and sealed it. Seymour, being only ten years old, would have been too young to do anything like that at the time.
    Last edited by TheSpoonyBard; 07-28-2010 at 10:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Well since she has a fayth statue you can assume she was sealed and not a final aeon since more than one summoner can summon her.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Doesn't the Final Summon cause the Summoner to merge with his sacrificed Guardian...there aren't any fayth statues of the guardians anyway in the world, so that's why I'm thinking this.

But Anima is just a normal fayth of a sacrificed human, just like all the other fayth around the world. This one just happens to be Seymour's mum. Although, why on Earth she thought it'd be a good idea is beyond me.

Well she definitely was supposed to be the Final Aeon as Yunalesca was the one who changed her to the Fayth. And well she wanted to give her son power to protect himself and she was dying anyway (I guess from some kind of disease?) as when the party see her and little Seymour in Zanarkand she says something among these lines: "I don't have much time left". BTW even Final Aeons DO have statues as we can see the chamber before Yunalesca had Lord Zaen or w/e his name was statue, just without his soul (probably because he merged with sin and was killed long time ago).

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Well since she has a fayth statue you can assume she was sealed and not a final aeon since more than one summoner can summon her.
    The only difference between a normal aeon and the Final Aeon is the way they are obtained. Normally a summoner would go to a temple and pray to the fayth. For the Final Aeon they go to Zanarkand and have one of their guardians turned into the fayth. Usually these fayth aren't sealed into statues as they are used to fight Sin and become the next incarnation. In Anima's case Seymour decided not to accept his mother's fayth, so she was sealed away so her sacrifice didn't go to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by champagne supernova View Post
    Doesn't the Final Summon cause the Summoner to merge with his sacrificed Guardian...there aren't any fayth statues of the guardians anyway in the world, so that's why I'm thinking this.
    The summoner doesn't merge with anything. The guardian is turned into the fayth of the Final Aeon which is given to the summoner. Usually the summoner then faces Sin and calls the Final Aeon. The aeon defeats Sin and then is absorbed by Yu Yevon. The process of Yu Yevon joining with the aeon severs its ties with the summoner, killing them. As they are only used once there is no need to have a statue dedicated to it.

The exception is Zaon. He and Yunalesca were the first to fight Sin so their feats are commemorated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergroilnin View Post
    BTW even Final Aeons DO have statues as we can see the chamber before Yunalesca had Lord Zaen or w/e his name was statue, just without his soul (probably because he merged with sin and was killed long time ago).
    Zaon's statue is empty because his soul is now at the bottom of the Via Infinito.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpoonyBard View Post
    Zaon's statue is empty because his soul is now at the bottom of the Via Infinito.
    The Via Infinito doesn't make much sense. Yunalesca appeared there too and transformed into Chac, but Yuna sent Yunalesca into the farplane. And Mika was there too. And even Jyscal. Maybe the souls of some sent people go into the Via Infinito (which would explain why we can find 99% of all fiends in there) instead of the farplane.
    Btw is it just me or does the priest in the Temple of Zanarkand look and sound exactly like Trema?

Four of the five bosses - Wen Kinoc, Yunalesca, Yo Mika and Zaon - weren't sent. Jyscal was, but perhaps it wasn't enough to keep him confined to the Farplane. After all, he's tried to escape there once before.

The priest in Zanarkand does look like Trema, but I think that's more a case of NPC model reuse than anything else.

The summoner doesn't merge with anything. The guardian is turned into the fayth of the Final Aeon which is given to the summoner. Usually the summoner then faces Sin and calls the Final Aeon. The aeon defeats Sin and then is absorbed by Yu Yevon. The process of Yu Yevon joining with the aeon severs its ties with the summoner, killing them. As they are only used once there is no need to have a statue dedicated to it.
    If the process of Yu Yevon joining with the Aeon severs its bonds to the summoner, killing the summoner, how did Yuna survive the endgame, when all of her summons were possessed by Yu Yevon, one after the other?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Yuna didn't know the temple fayth while they were alive so doesn't share the same ties ("the bond between husband and wife, mother and child, or between friends") as she would with her guardian's Final Aeon.

Yuna didn't know the temple fayth while they were alive so doesn't share the same ties ("the bond between husband and wife, mother and child, or between friends") as she would with her guardian's Final Aeon.
    Good explanation. But seriously think Squenix chose a really lame deus ex machina there. Actually, an immensely lame one because I have no recollection of there ever being any mention of severing of ties causing death in the game. And surely, if the aeon is killed (which probably happens in a play through) would that not sever the tie just as badly as if it is possessed? And how exactly does the summoner get rid of the aeon then if they don't sever the tie? Because, if the tie isn't broken, then the summoner shouldn't be able to come back. Or does Yu Yevon steal the aeon out of the summoner's mind?

End of that rant about Square Enix. But maybe there are more final summon statues lying around soulless somewhere, and they are soulless because of Yu Yevon eating them (or whatever it is he does). Because, after X, don't all of the fayth lie dormant, and Yu Yevon ate all of them in the final battle. Until X-2 came along again and they decided to wake up.

I give up on trying to figure out Squenix plot holes. From now on, I'll just accept them as exactly that: plot holes.