Thread: Knitting

Default Knitting

So I do know some of you guys knit/craft/whatever so I wondered how many of you are putting those skills to good use!?!?

I've started making Innocent smoothie hats for their Age UK campaign innocent drinks : all about us

All hats are knitted by volunteers and popped on the smoothie bottles before sale. Then 25p of each sale goes to the charity!

There are some super cool hats people have made

Mine are knitted in the round using double pointed needles... never done it before xD so my first few attempts are so bad!

So.... post your knitted and hand made wonders!!

waaaay too big, but not following a pattern xD lets see what prototype 3 is going to be like!!

Trust No one

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I really want to learn to knit and crochet. The woman I know who crochets got laid off, so she can't teach me. Hux's mom is supposed to teach me to knit, but everytime I visit, something comes up and we can't sit down and practice together. XD

I sew. I hand sew and sew by sewing machine. Usually I do a mixture of both. I can make a lot of things, but I mostly stick to fat quarter (quarter of a yard) projects.

I sell my things at work and I sell them on Etsy (you can find that link in my sig, since I know if I link it in my post, it's advertising and RANTZIEN WILL BAN ME THE BIG BULLY). I've been semi-successful so far. I've made a lot more money at work, since I had a wider clientèle, as I did custom orders. On my Etsy, I focus more on Japanese aesthetic and "kawaii" type of crafts, since I felt like if I just did everything as opposed to carving out a niche, I wouldn't have stood out amongst the millions of sewers on Etsy.

I taught myself how to knit on youtube :P some pretty good guides!

My latest one... seriously need to practice more xD

P.S Rye your stuff is awesome! I'm going to try and re-upholster my sofa when we move ... xD going to be interesting!!!

Trust No one

Fluttershy Recognized Member Ashi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

I can do basic knitting and crochet, I started in college when I was doing my programming degree. Some of my friends would meet up after class and teach each other new stuff. I basically started doing it to improve my hand coordination, but I haven't really done it for years now.

I know how to embroider......

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

A friend of mine taught me how to knit when I was younger, I made a silly little tea cozy. I haven't knit since.

My girlfriend does some crocheting.

My mom has knitted me a couple of scarves. First she knitted me a basic black one a couple of years ago, and then this winter I made her knit me one that's army green with three orange stripes on each end. I friggin' love that scarf so much I made her promise to teach me how to knit my own stuff.

She hasn't taught me yet, though.

I used to be great at knitting, but then I grew up to pursue other interests and forgot all about it. I'd like someone to remind and teach me again. I'll have to ask my mother, 'cause she's kick-sass at knitting stuff.

I still have a vest she knitted years ago with a huge panther head on the front; it's one of my favourite garments, I love it.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I enjoy crocheting, but don't do it very often

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hand-made products are so great. I learned how to knit when I was younger, but if I did it now I'd probably be a bit rusty. I like to wear knitted sweaters, hats, and scarves, so it would definitely be useful to take up as a past-time again.