Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Games That Should Be Made

An FPS with a map the size of Germany with different terrains scattered around of course. One big server. 4 Factions. You play as one and it's all out war. I'd play that. Like a multiplayer version of Fallout 3.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post
    An FPS with a map the size of Germany with different terrains scattered around of course. One big server. 4 Factions. You play as one and it's all out war. I'd play that. Like a multiplayer version of Fallout 3.
    Wow that's actually insane, but I'm sure someone will come in here and tell us something similar that has been done. Actually Far Cry 2's single player is kinda like that being big, different terrain, and multiple (well, more than 1) factions, but that doesn't really work as an analogy.

I want Shining Force 4 more than anything. And Streets of Rage 4. Used to say Sonic 4 as well, but that's already in development and might just suck.

Metal Gear Solid 6 on PS3 but with all of the features from Peace Walker, in addition to multiplayer matches in the place of Outer Ops.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    I want Shining Force 4 more than anything.
    Oooh, more with this franchise, please.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

MAG on the PS3 sounds about like that. Or Planetside on the PC. The MMOFPS concept has been around for some time - Planetside was the first to execute it back in '02 or so - but the problem is that the gameplay doesn't scale as well as you might think. It requires a lot of concessions from a design standpoint to keep it from being absolute chaos, which is probably why none of them have ever really taken off.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Wow that's actually insane, but I'm sure someone will come in here and tell us something similar that has been done. Actually Far Cry 2's single player is kinda like that being big, different terrain, and multiple (well, more than 1) factions, but that doesn't really work as an analogy.
    I've not played it myself so I can't say for sure, but ArmA2 might fit that bill reasonably closely.

Back from the Abyss ValkyrieWing's Avatar

Valkyrie Profile with Hrist's story..even is she's a...well, you know.
    ~Ye must desire respite from thy empty existence. Thou shalt have it.~

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeberto View Post
    MAG on the PS3 sounds about like that. Or Planetside on the PC. The MMOFPS concept has been around for some time - Planetside was the first to execute it back in '02 or so - but the problem is that the gameplay doesn't scale as well as you might think. It requires a lot of concessions from a design standpoint to keep it from being absolute chaos, which is probably why none of them have ever really taken off.
    MAG is actually the inspiration for this. And since they did pretty well with that why not take some concepts of that and put it into an all new generation MMOFPS since this isn't 02 anymore.

Vagrant Story 2. I've been waiting for this game since Vagrant Story.

Although basically calling a game Hobo Story probably meant it didn't take off commercially.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Quote Originally Posted by champagne supernova View Post
    Vagrant Story 2. I've been waiting for this game since Vagrant Story.

Although basically calling a game Hobo Story probably meant it didn't take off commercially.
    Actually I think calling it Hobo Story would have helped.

Blog Entries

I want to play a game called Me vs Everyone, where you have no allies and have to see how long you can last on your own in a world where everyone is out to get you.

It could also be called Paranoid Schizophrenia: the Game.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Clo View Post
    I want to play a game called Me vs Everyone, where you have no allies and have to see how long you can last on your own in a world where everyone is out to get you.
    I N C E P T I O N

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Mog of War baby, come on Squenix, you know you want to.

I too would also love to see a Vagrant Story 2, I would also love to have the Xeno team return to Squenix and have them make a sequel/prequel to Xenogears while I'm at it. Chrono Break would also be great.

I think I would love to have Sakeguchi make another Final Fantasy Game as well but that ain't ever happening either. The World Ends with You 2 would be kick ass and a real direct sequel to FFTactics with Matsuno at the helm would be awesome as well. Guilty Gear X3 would also be much appreciated as well as Capcom making another SF based off the Alpha series engine. Suikoden VI thats actually based in the main series timeline... Breath of Fire VI, a new Mega Man X title and Mega Man Legends 3 for that matter. Also a HD 2D Castlevania title would make me drool.

Camelot Considering Breath of Fire RPG Revival at C3 News

BoF VI may actually be a possibility.

And I'll second The SF Alpha getting a new game, as I prefered the Alpha Series to the main one.

I would love to see a galactic simulator based around the Lensmen universe. I'm imagining it styled similar to Master of Orion, but greatly expanded, and with a campaign mode. The books already contain some incredible guidlines for tech trees, unit types, strategies, and information, and the Boskonian War is still one of the most epic pieces of space opera ever written, and would be incredible if implemented in a game form.

And I'm so happy I don't have to say "A sequel to Golden Sun" in these threads anymore. Squee!
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

P5 is a given, but I want is faster.

Baldur's Gate III please? Grandia 4?