Thread: OMG. Adamantoise Farming Fail

Do You Like Waffles? DarkBahamut's Avatar

Default OMG. Adamantoise Farming Fail

Okay, today I opened FFXIII at around 12:30 AM. I wandered Gran Pulse for a while. I was planning on Adamantoise Farming (for the Trapezodehrons and CP/Gil.)

So, my first 2 battles were successful. Killed 2 turtles, got 300k gil, in about 10 deaths each battle.

BUT AFTER THAT, a whole 147 deaths AND COUNTING have failed. My luck is going bad. >

No time for "Dilly-Dallying" or "Shilly-Shallying."
    Props go to the one and only, Proxy, for the signature.

that's the way it goes unfortunately! Luckilly if you do the deaths with the growth egg then you soon get enough CP to be able to kill them on your own! Thank god! lol

Drove me insane too!

To increase your odds of making Death spell successful, enter the battle in the Espionage Paradigm, SAB/SAB/SYN. Fang makes the best second Saboteur, and either Sahz or Hope for the Synergist, though if you've unlocked the 10th level of the Crystarium, Lightning will also due. Every status effect Fang casts on the giant turtle will slightly increase the odds of Death working, and Vigilence will increase the odds of Death working for Vanille.

Also, Vanille should never attempt this while using any weapon but the Marboro Wand.
    It was tough work, carrying two hundred and twenty pounds of sociopath to the top of Gotham Towers~~ The hightest spot in the city. The scream alone is worth it.- Batman, The Dark Knight Returns.

Also, you can try entering with a fortisol on, then summoning right away, which will knock out the legs, and using Com/Rav/Sab to get DP, DS, and Imp on, the switch to Com/Rav/Rav to get to like 900% stagger, then go Com X3 and kill them. This is very useful as it only takes like 3 min a kill, and if you've unlocked the shop to buy sols, and get lots of ingots, it's even profitable. After a while, the sol should just be overkill. Actually, after a while, the summon won't be needed at all either because my party, both with and without summon, takes 3 min on adas. I recommend using Fang's summon, and remember to NOT use Gestalt, as it resets stagger meters. If the Ada's about to get up, and you have it in stagger, then if you've learned it from the Crys, use Highwind to do like 2.5 mil damage if you have the Genji Glove and his stagger is at like 900. Hope this helps.

My Adamantoise battles go something like this.

Battle starts.
    Hit Adamantoise with some attacks.
    Adamantoise stomps on my party.
    Game over.

Those smurfing things are tough. I haven't been able to kill one without aerosols yet. I can't do enough damage to it before it gets back up. Really made me regret neglecting Snow because I might be able to kill one if he spammed Daze. His crystarium is so far behind and it's been maxed at 999999 forever. Sucks