Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Driving Habits

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I'm a pretty good driver. I don't think I'm great, but more so just that the vast majority of people are retarded, and therefore are retarded drivers. I speed a bit, and usually don't get much road rage beyond momentary irritation. I use turn signals for every turn or lane change and constantly watch my mirrors; most importantly, I also stay right and pass left.

I consider myself a somewhat worse driver than my dad. I can parallel park well, but he's better. He's also more patient on the road, likely due to having to drive very long distances all the time.

Blog Entries

I think im a mediocre driver, I can reverse perpendicular park really well but suck at foward perpendicular parking. I dont get angry on the road very often, Im ok with people cutting me off as long as they indicate before they do it so i can let them in or slow down and get some distance. I dont go over the limit since I feel going the limit is a true test of mental endurance, anyone can speed, it takes a person with strong will to go the limit for a month without going mad.

Then again I catch the train whenever I can so maybe my relaxed attitude hasnt been worn away by years of driving.

I still freak out at yellow lights though when Im not sure if i should slow down or keep going.
    Also sometimes I forget to turn my lights on at night if there are alot of street lights around.
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 08-05-2010 at 12:14 AM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clo View Post
    I'm a good driver, but I tend to speed. This is exemplified by me getting a speeding ticket last week and still being very unhappy about it, and not appreciating how paranoid I am now about my speed.

I get angry a lot when I drive, but it's not really road rage. I'm too civil about it. "Well, he is making a very poor decision right now!" One of these days I'm going to snap and rip off a windshield wiper and beat someone with it.
    I smurfing love you.

Also, who wants to go drifting with me?

When I was a kid, my parents were driving down the interstate in California and some dude with really bad road rage cut my step-dad off. In response, he cut the dude off a short time later. In response to that, the guy tried to attack my parent's car with a sword.

While driving.

On the interstate.

Going like 90 mph.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    When I was a kid, my parents were driving down the interstate in California and some dude with really bad road rage cut my step-dad off. In response, he cut the dude off a short time later. In response to that, the guy tried to attack my parent's car with a sword.

While driving.

On the interstate.

Going like 90 mph.
    That dude is just full of win.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by o_O View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy View Post
    However if someone does this to me, I will drive 10 centimetres from the car in front to stop them from getting in.
    Agreed. Nobody should allow him / her in if that is done. He/she can stay there all day if he wants.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    I drive like a flaming moron. People don't like to be my passenger. *shame*
    I was a passenger in your car at least three times, and I didn't notice any bad driving. =O

Blog Entries

While driving.

On the interstate.

Going like 90 mph.
    Best story ever, everybody else go home.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Quote Originally Posted by Clo View Post
    Best story ever, everybody else go home.
    Yeah, well so is your face.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

While driving.

On the interstate.

Going like 90 mph.

Before I got my car everyone expected me to have the worst road rage ever, but i'm actually more patient whilst driving than I am anywhere else. I'm so empathetic to every other driver on the road, I just can't get angry at them, I just accept it as an honest mistake and drive off

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by o_O View Post
    Provided I'm not singing at the top of my lungs, I yell and scream and swear like a lumberjack when behind the wheel. Good drivers piss me off. In spite of that, I like to think I can drive about without endangering any lives. I haven't had an crash or run someone down yet so, so far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy View Post
    However if someone does this to me, I will drive 10 centimetres from the car in front to stop them from getting in.
    Men after my own heart.

I'm a speeder known to reach speeds of 95 especially if I'm on a major interstate like 95 or 40, but I do not speed in residential or business areas. Basically if there's a sidewalk, I won't speed. I use my signals, I check my blindspots, I drive with my mirrors, I follow the 2 second rule and I don't cruise in the passing lane. I move out of the way for emergency vehicles and I don't try to beat them to the punch. I do tend to keep my radio up too loud.

But God help you if you piss me off. I have road rage in a way that would make your daddy cry. For example, driving out of the city I work in back towards my house there are 3 ways to go. One is an interstate. One goes through town, the other goes along the river. There is a lane closure on the interstate, so the other ways get majorly backed up, and the one I take home most often (through town) is no exception. There was a lady tailgating me today. Some comments.

"Why the smurf are you so close to me?"
    "Stop riding my smurfing tailgate you heinous bitch."
    "What the smurf is wrong with you? Did your smurfing cell phone kill off what was left of your goddamn braincells in your smurfing misshaped head and lead you to lose your spatial reasoning?"
    "smurfing bitch, if you're going to climb up my ass you should buy me dinner first."
    "WHAT THE smurf IS WRONG WITH YOU YOU GODDAMN PIECE OF MORON???? DID YOU LOSE AN EYE AND YOUR DEPTH PERCEPTION?! smurf YOU!"

And then I brake-checked her and threw and apple core at her. Someday, I will get murdered for this.

Signature by rubah. I think.

I think I'm a good driver. But hugely aggressive. And if I want to drive fast, and someone is preventing me from doing it, I start swearing at them. I also applaud people who do dumb stuff on the road.

But I think speeding laws are ridiculous, because speed hasn't killed anyone. Crashes kill people. So, surely you should be tested on your driving ability and the speed limit should adjust to that? I like this idea.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

foa, you sound exactly like me on the highway. You've written down some of my exact thoughts while driving. XD

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I scream them. You should too, it feels good to get all of my pent up frustration out.

Signature by rubah. I think.