Thread: is this normal?

Default is this normal?

I just got knights of the round and went beating the hell out of emerald weapon but then it appears that I can't use the summon more than once I had 600 and it asks for 250 is this normal?

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's like this with all summons in the game, you have to level up the materia. For each new level, you can use the summon one more time in battle.

either that or you can use Mime and I think Quadra Magic works as well.

Blog Entries

Quadra Magic does NOT work with KOTR in the PS1 version. I don't know about PC or PSP. However most people level up mime and KOTR once so that you can use w-summon and then mime with two characters. If you break the chain by using a different spell then your players won't mime KOTR. So Cast big guard and Regen to make sure your ready for the battle before you start chaining the summon. Good luck!!
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quadra magic doesn't work because summoning isn't the same as magic.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Quadra magic doesn't work because summoning isn't the same as magic.
    All other summons can be linked to quadra magic and work. KOTR is just an odd ball. Some say that its cause the developers thought that it was too deadly of a spell to let happen 4 times in a row, 8 times with w-summon. I mean hell it would only take like 1 turn with each character to beat emerald. Cast it with your first guy and mime it with the other two.
    Marcus

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Quote Originally Posted by sora_lion_heart View Post
    Quadra Magic does NOT work with KOTR in the PS1 version. I don't know about PC or PSP. However most people level up mime and KOTR once so that you can use w-summon and then mime with two characters. If you break the chain by using a different spell then your players won't mime KOTR. So Cast big guard and Regen to make sure your ready for the battle before you start chaining the summon. Good luck!!
    Wasn't that because it takes 1000 MP for four castings, and the max is 999? I thought you could Quadra Magic it with MP<->HP.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sora_lion_heart View Post
    Wasn't that because it takes 1000 MP for four castings, and the max is 999? I thought you could Quadra Magic it with MP<->HP.
    Nope I just checked it out on my copy of final fantasy VII. Every summon BUT knights of the round had 4xm as an add on ability. I had on Master Summon linked with quadra magic, and Hp<>MP. I went to both the magic in the main menu, and the summon menu in battle, BOTH had 4xm as an add on except for the final summon... KOTR.

Maybe the reason they didn't add it on is cause you wouldn't have enough MP unless you used HP<>MP.
    Marcus

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

lol ok
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quadra Magic doesn't require any more MP than a normal cast, so a MP limit isn't the reason. You can use it on all magics and summons with the exception of KotR (too overpowered, like sora_lion_heart said) and Escape (pointless).

It halves the damage of the attached spell, but if you equip five instances of Quadra Magic and an identical magic or summon materia you can get eight castings in one turn. I don't know if it's possible to get sixteen in a single turn with W-Magic/Summon so if anyone wants to test that I'd be interested in hearing the result.