Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Mana games (sort of)!

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

So, someone tell me why I should play these... How is the story, and are they worth it.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

The story is as good (or better than) the original SD3, in my opinion as English translator. So I'm a bit biased. And certainly better than Children of Mana.

The gameplay follows SD3 pretty closely without being redundant. It really does feel like an official SD3 sequel (to me at least) rather than a fan game.

My only complaint about Memories of Mana is that the second part revisits so many of the same areas from the first part that it's almost like playing the same game with a different story. Or, I suppose, it's sort of like what it's like to play SD3 a second time with different choices for your three characters. However, puzzles and such have been changed so THAT keeps you guessing at least.

This thread is the reason I just joined this forum (Hello everyone).

Based off of the gameplay video I watched I'm not sure, but maybe someone here can elaborate since it's been out for a while now (hope there aren't rules about bringing back threads from the grave).

Does this game support multiplayer?

Whoa, I musta missed this thread in one of my extended absences. I think I have SD3 on my PSP, but like Bahamut Lagoon, and Rudras War its just one of those games I never really got around to. But this project and your dedicated translations seems like an awesome accomplishment. Kudos

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Alas, no multiplayer in these two games. It is possible that the third game in the trilogy may have multiplayer. At least that's what I got from MogHunter's (the creator) vague hint. We'll have to wait and see.

As for translating them... I'm honestly surprised I was able to get those done so quickly. Yay for having been unemployed back then. There's no way I could do that now. Haha. Right time and right place and all that. Of course, I'll have to make time for the third one when it comes out.