Thread: King Behemoths

Default King Behemoths

smurf them. They are retarded and I hate everything about them.

That is all, carry on.

Agreed. And god do I hate it when they are ALMOST dead, and then they transform, with their HP completely restored... It's like fjkhdhfhdslfhsdhfj ;(

I didn't pay to become this way
    My head throbs
    Til it bursts
    There is something inviting
    About staring into a wall
    Covered in lead
    You just want to jump into it
    - Excerpt from "You Ain't no Family" by Iwrestledabearonce

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

They were really annoying when you first get to Chapter 11. I took great delight in killing them in ~5-6 seconds post-game.

I didn't realize the difficulty of the monsters picked up significantly at Chapter 11, so I saw a big behemoth and rushed towards it. Gave over in 2 seconds.

To kill them at the start of Chapter 11, you need a Saboteur and Synergist. Keep fighting with your remaining character, a Commando or Ravanger as you prefer, until Imperil, Deprotect and Deshell are all cast, then switch to Relentless Assault to finish it off. If those spells are all cast, you should be able to kill it before it stands up.

If it does stand up, that early in the game, I can only recommend Delta Attack, let your Sentinel take the hits while your Ravanger and Commando keep attacking.
    It was tough work, carrying two hundred and twenty pounds of sociopath to the top of Gotham Towers~~ The hightest spot in the city. The scream alone is worth it.- Batman, The Dark Knight Returns.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I didn't realize the difficulty of the monsters picked up significantly at Chapter 11, so I saw a big behemoth and rushed towards it. Gave over in 2 seconds.
    Yeah, I got a game over from them too. IIRC, at the very beginning of Chapter 11 I couldn't even kill them in one stagger if I managed to sneak up on one, so after that stagger it would transform and heal.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I spent 3 hours learning the proper timing so you can kill them right at the start of Ch11. The trick is to stagger it, burn it down to a hair above where it transforms and switch to a non-damage paradigm. Then at the last possible split second before the stagger ends switch to COMx3 and have everyone blast it with Smite for the kill.

When I tried to kill them straight up at the start of Ch11 I was using SEN,MED,RAV/COM and was still getting whooped. When you get bellow 10% HP they could one shot my SEN through all of their defenses. Booo!

Another good way of killing them in Chapter 11 is to just use the Delta Attack/Mystic Tower combination... Start with Delta Attack, and when your commando has stabalized the Stagger bar, switch to Mystic Tower to rapidly fill the Stagger... Then switch to Relentless assault once it's staggered. You may want to inflict a few debuffs while it's in stagger mode, to speed things up.

I didn't pay to become this way
    My head throbs
    Til it bursts
    There is something inviting
    About staring into a wall
    Covered in lead
    You just want to jump into it
    - Excerpt from "You Ain't no Family" by Iwrestledabearonce

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    They were really annoying when you first get to Chapter 11. I took great delight in killing them in ~5-6 seconds post-game.
    This.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah, huge difficulty spike xD

It gives you a lot of opportunities to play around with Paradigm combinations!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle299 View Post
    To kill them at the start of Chapter 11, you need a Saboteur and Synergist. Keep fighting with your remaining character, a Commando or Ravanger as you prefer, until Imperil, Deprotect and Deshell are all cast, then switch to Relentless Assault to finish it off. If those spells are all cast, you should be able to kill it before it stands up.

If it does stand up, that early in the game, I can only recommend Delta Attack, let your Sentinel take the hits while your Ravanger and Commando keep attacking.
    I use the Saboteur and Synergist method too. It's quite effective with all the great buffs and debuffs! And I would use a Ravager with them as well to hopefully stagger the King Behemoth before it transformed and kill it with Relentless Assault or Cerberus heehee
    BERRY-SAN'S COMEBACK

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

I just go in with relentless assault right from the get go, make sure you back attack him and you stagger him instantly have you com attack with 2 bars to stagger and launch then the others can keep him in the air non stop, if he lands at any point just cut off the attack process of your com to launch him again... was kinda easy if you ask me lol.