Thread: Quickenings

Default Quickenings

Quickenings, what exacly are they and wich ones should I take with wich char?

Almost all aspects of the game are pretty straight forward though I'm still too early in it (about lvl15) but quickenings give me a slight headache, I don't know wich ones are the best and I really don't wanna waste them since only one person can take each, is there a recommended order of taking them?

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

There's enough for all characters to get all three, so you can't really waste them. Although I'd focus on getting them on your main three and use the others to scout around for the rest.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Each character will automatically get the next one up in the same order. For example, if you activate 3 for Vaan, regardless of when and where you activate them on the Licence board he will always get Red Spiral, White Whori and Pyroclasm in that order.

Quickenings themselves I don't find to be that helpful. If you can chain quite a few together you can hit a decent damage number, and if you meet certain requirements you can activate a concerrence for additional damage. But this is at the expense of most (if not all) your MP. For this reason they are most effectively used as a final reesort. You'll find most enemies have augments that activate when they reach critical HP (Ignoring evade, boosted defense etc) so their main use is to finish off enemies when they are low on health.

I'd aim to get everyone in your main party a quickening because they increase your MP which is the best reason for activating them
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

I knew that a "forum-pill" would make the headache go away, thanks.