Thread: Finally!

Default Finally!

Finally after several games on SNES, PS1 and GBA consoles I finally finished Final Fantasy V!
    I had started so many games to either lose the save file or get stuck and give up.

I'm really happy to finally get all the way to the end, because I really enjoyed this game, it was a lot of fun and kind of cute.

The ending wasn't quite what I expected, but I still found it nice and somewhat suitable.

Also, I really took a liking to Time Mages, Hunters and Geomancers.
    Time Mages because they had a good range of spells from the useful haste, but also very helpful return, and their costume was pretty cool!
    Hunters, I had never tried them before until I resumed a few days ago. They were more useful than I thought, they did a fair amount of damage with bows from the back row.
    Geomancers were just unique, I loved thier abilities which were generlly quite strong, it would be great if this class waas used more.

"This the outro, I was gonna put it at the beginning
    But this is what I say the moment after I'm winning
    Thank you, Ultimate Victory"

The Ultimate Victory - Chamillionaire

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Congratulations on completing one of the more overlooked entries in the series. FFV certainly kicks ass

I love Samurai's and Time Mages, I also can never shake how smurfing awesome Bard's are in this game. It always dumbfounds me.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I also can never shake how smurfing awesome Bard's are in this game.
    I didn't know that. Guess I never gave them a chance, playing it after FF4 and all

I personally thought the two worlds coming together into one and seeing how all the weird stuff from the world map come together was the coolest thing I have ever seen in a video game. And the Cleft of Dimension is still my all time favorite last dungeon.

I haven't played it in so long.... I keep not wanting to get back into it to keep the eventual DS experience as fresh as possible. Starting to rethink that choice.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

It was my favorite in the series until I played XII.

Velo you want to get on the advance version, the rewritten script makes the dialogue far more enjoyable, the images and sound are sharper, load times are gone and their are tonnes of goodies they've added.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

But in the fan translation I have they swear making it feel much more authentic

I should give it a try though. Good thing I opted for the DS Lite instead of the DSi.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

To clarify, Bard's are mostly awesome cause they do great damage to the undead... actually that's an understatement. Their song's rape and pillage the undead until their souls beg to be sent back to oblivion rather than continue to endure the torment that Bard's can do to them.

Seriously though, there are two dungeons where a party of Bards can waltz in and wipe the floor with mostly everything in there, including the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by asukaevaunit02 View Post
    Finally after several games on SNES, PS1 and GBA consoles I finally finished Final Fantasy V!
    I had started so many games to either lose the save file or get stuck and give up.
    Did you manage to defeat both Omega and Shinryu?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by asukaevaunit02 View Post
    Did you manage to defeat both Omega and Shinryu?
    No, didn't really try. I'm not much for super bosses. Though I did accidently encounter them and got my ass kicked

"This the outro, I was gonna put it at the beginning
    But this is what I say the moment after I'm winning
    Thank you, Ultimate Victory"

The Ultimate Victory - Chamillionaire

Congratulations to you, friend!
    Final Fantasy V truly is a wonderful game (according to me) and as soon as I have finished Final Fantasy IV, I will pick this up again for Gameboy Advance and play through it again story-wise and the secret things that includes in it.
    Create your own world. Create your own fantasy. Show people what fantasy really is.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?