Thread: Experiences anyone?

Blog Entries

ZOMG! Experiences anyone?

I know I'm not the only one who have had really dumb experiences with this game. Dumb experiences being, the game being really cheap.

Now I've had my fair share of cheapness with this game, but the one that I can remember is on the NES emulator. (I have the real game mind you, I was just being lazy. :P) I was in Terra Caves going to kill the Vampire. I had silver swords for my Red Mage and Fighter because the Marsh Caves suck without them. (I always Gold grind outside of Elfheim in this game. Every. Damn. Time.) So the Fighter (Respectfully named Clyd) could hit pretty darn hard by this time. I remember getting there pretty easy, with only a few Cockatrice attacks (No stone thank god) and get in the battle. Now any boss battle in a Final Fantasy gets me worked up, so I'm just waiting for bad things to happen.

But nothing did. In fact, just the opposite happened. Clyd got a critical hit in the first turn. Yep. Just like that, one turn, the Vampire died. His strike was somewhere in the 200-300's, which made me pretty happy. So I start the journey back to Melmond (If I recall the name correctly) by having to go UP the entire cave. If I remember, I was in the first level of the caves when I got attacked. It was a full party of undead. (I forget the names here, but they paralyze nonetheless.) So before I knew it, all of my characters were paralyzed, and then they were slain all before I could make it out to save with a tent.

Anyone have any similar stories? We all love to hear stuff like this. And you know you're no different!
    I'm free! I'm free! ...dang it.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

*Random Encounter with party at 100% HP*
    Monsters Appear!
    Monsters Strike First
    Monster Casts Fire3
    Monster Casts Fire3
    Monster Casts Fire3
    Monster Casts Fire3
    Annihilated

I do love so much getting game overs in battles I don't even get to input any commands for.

Blog Entries

DAMN!?! *Sighs* Sounds about right...

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I level up Fighter killing the EYE (ice cave) countless times, is an easy battle but sometimes something go wrong and the EYE kill my Fighter using RUB/XXXX and its game over, now all that time spent to level up is wasted..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    >>> I level up Fighter killing the EYE (ice cave) countless times, is an easy battle but sometimes something go wrong and the EYE kill my Fighter using RUB/XXXX and its game over, now all that time spent to level up is wasted..
    Buuuuummmmer. >_<

Memo Saving and Soft Resetting constantly in Final Fantasy Origins FF1 normal mode comes to mind.

Especially with Lich, White and Green Dragons in the Final Dungeon whenever they use Flare, Blizzard, and Poison Gas, respectively.

And since I have this weird obsession with keeping all of my characters' experience levels equal, I always soft reset when someone dies.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evastio View Post
    Memo Saving and Soft Resetting constantly in Final Fantasy Origins FF1 normal mode comes to mind.

Especially with Lich, White and Green Dragons in the Final Dungeon whenever they use Flare, Blizzard, and Poison Gas, respectively.

And since I have this weird obsession with keeping all of my characters' experience levels equal, I always soft reset when someone dies.
    Sounds like you have experiences all the time. O_O
    Anything that's particularly aggravating? (Don't worry, I can get pretty damn OCD about that too.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evastio View Post

How about memo saving and then turning the power off. Hard reset can be so damn awful sometimes. You turn the game back on and realize that all that power training was for nothing. So my advice that I take seriously even to myself, Save! Take the minute step and save to memory. Don't ever bother with memos.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sora_lion_heart View Post
    How about memo saving and then turning the power off. Hard reset can be so damn awful sometimes. You turn the game back on and realize that all that power training was for nothing. So my advice that I take seriously even to myself, Save! Take the minute step and save to memory. Don't ever bother with memos.
    I only remember doing this once, so I don't have a problem. But I do tend to save a lot. I'm kind of forced to in the NES version. No memo saves with that game!