Thread: Time to do this... for real!

Default Time to do this... for real!

The time has finally come for me. I find myself playing Final Fantasy IV over and over again without completing it, but this time I will see it´s story to the end.
    I managed to get to Troia so far and the cave where you can´t wear iron or steel armor will wait for me at this moment.
    Anyone have a great advise at this point in the game? Something that makes the Troia Cave (is that the right name?) easier?

Btw, My party is so far between Level 18-20 somewhere and I´m playing the GBA version (The DS version was nice, but a bit too hard for me).
    Create your own world. Create your own fantasy. Show people what fantasy really is.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You need to put Cecil in the back row and equip him with a bow. His white magic is going to come in handy as he is now your official white mage. This will free up Tellah who will be your Black mage. Despite his huge spell list at this point, stick to using the -ra level spells and ignore the -aga spells. You may want to keep him equipped with one of the elemental rods so you can use it as an item and conserve his MP until you fight stuff like Ogres. Yang is fine as long as he is equipped with no metal armlets so keep the Ruby Ring on him. Cid starts off with a Wooden Hammer so that should suffice so equip him with leather gear.

Troia's shop has non-metal items so if you need equips go there. There is also a town to the north of Mt.Ordeals where Cecil became a Paladin. This town specializes in selling Mythril gear so you may want to pick those up to keep in your inventory, but don't equip any cause Mythril counts as a metal. It will be useful to have but its not completely needed. Also, make sure to talk to Edward in Troia before you head to the Dark Elf Cave.

Thanks a lot!
    I think this will be very helpful for the coming battles in the cave and I also have to thank you for the reminder of talking with Edward since I had completely forgotten about it.
    Create your own world. Create your own fantasy. Show people what fantasy really is.

Personally I just ran away from all battles and didn't bother with the treasure chests or de-equipping metal stuff (except for Yang, seeing how you need at least one person without metal equipment to not get a game over as soon as a battle starts) until after the battle with Dark Elf. That way the whole metal paralysing you problem doesn't affect you as much. And you can always get the treasures after the metal force field has been removed.

It´s time for me to level up a bit i Tower of Zot. Any recommended level? I am thinking about 24 at least for Cecil. It will take some time, but should be managed.