Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Returning

Default Returning

Ok I am thinking of going back to this awesome game, and there is a few things I would like to ask; but a little info on when I got kicked off. When my Play online account just randomly dissappeared they were just about to merge servers together, the level cap was still 75, and I still hated the amount of bots on a low population server(lol).

1. What servers merged together, I was on Pandy at the time so I was going to go back to it.

2. I hear there has been a few changes to THF and other jobs......could anyone enlighten me on the differences please?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Pandy merged with Asura. So you would be on Asura now (with me ).

New abilities and spells post-75 were added to all jobs. I'm not really sure what THF got. Check wiki. There wasn't really any adjustments to jobs for levels 75 and below.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Sweet, who else from EoFF are on Asura?

Im trying to figure out who else from my old LS is still playing

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think just me. Phanoix may still be around, but I haven't seen him in a while.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

What THF got was mostly through what support jobs now offer. THF gets a critical hit bonus at level 78 (meh) and Despoil at level 78. Despoil steals while inflicting a random status effect. It steals from a different pool than Steal and Mug. Unfortunately, it shares a recast timer with Steal, making it mostly useless. DNC became a much more viable support job since it offers Dual Wield II.

Did NIN lose its usefulness as a sub now?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

It still has Utsusemi for increased survivability. Beyond level 90 /NIN will be superior to /DNC because /NIN will offer Dual Wield III while /DNC still only gives Dual Wield II. DNC gets Dual Wield III at level 60, so it will never give support jobs that job trait. Keep in mind that Dual Wield III is actually the best increase of all the Dual Wield upgrades, jumping from Dual Wield II's 15% delay reduction to a 25% delay reduction. That's a significant leap in damage over time. By comparison, THF/DNC will be able to use Haste Samba at level 90, which would allow THF to gain 5% haste, so 5% less delay reduction while maintaining less a reduction to TP gained (which while wielding daggers is negligible anyway).

Long story short without the math: DNC has become situationally more useful as a support job to THF than it used to be, allowing THF to fill in as a debuffer and back-up healer utilizing TP in parties without sacrificing damage over time. When they raise the level cap to 90 (at the beginning of September), NIN will once again be king.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah DWIII should be pretty awesome. It will make my grinding of NIN to 49 worthwhile.

Well I got thinking, I may wait til the new year rolls around before hopping back on. That way I will have an idea of what an average month in bills will be at my new place, and all the updates will be out.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Masamunemaster View Post
    Well I got thinking, I may wait til the new year rolls around before hopping back on. That way I will have an idea of what an average month in bills will be at my new place, and all the updates will be out.
    And the game will be absolutely dead because damn near everyone will have moved on to FFXIV. Just something to consider. I would be surprised if SE merged servers again so quickly, so expect things to be increasingly empty.

eh idk some people would still be loyal...I wanted to play 14 just to see what they did differently on something other than vids

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Masamunemaster View Post
    eh idk some people would still be loyal...I wanted to play 14 just to see what they did differently on something other than vids
    Given the volumes in which people started quitting FFXI as soon as FFXIV's PC release date was officially announced, I'd be very surprised if the numbers of people playing FFXI after September 30 are especially high. The only way I foresee FFXI continuing to live after then is if FFXIV tanks.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Where are you getting this data of people quitting when the release date was announced? Is this based on your own experience or something else?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Quetzalcoatl, at least, saw a huge number of people leaving in the month following FFXIV's release date. I was under the impression that it was occurring on other servers as well.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Is this based on you or others noticing particular players X, Y, and Z aren't around any more, or doing things like /sea all and noticing it go from 3,000 people on average to 2,000? I am just curious what you are basing this conclusion on because if it's the former I'm not noticing the same thing on Asura, but I don't do /sea all that much so I can't confirm the latter.

I'm sure there are several people who have quit, but your statement made it sound like a wide spread and well known fact and I'm trying to know where that information comes from.