Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your final Final Fantasy

FFIX. Not just because it was an awesome game, but because it marked the end of what I'd consider my childhood. Sure, I liked both FFX and XII but they don't bring up the same type of nostalgia I have for the older titles.

In terms of when the series actually turned sour for me, well that happened only last March when FFXIII was released.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Actually, FFX-2, FFVII:AC, FFXI and FFXII were planned/in-development before Sakaguchi left company. FFXI was his idea to create something new for anniversary and he was obsessed with Ever Quest.

I consider all of them to be Final Fantasy, but as for nostalgia, it ends with the end of the PSOne era for me. V-IX are some of the best games out there, and will likely never be topped in my eyes. Though I do enjoy almost every game in the franchise, so I'm content.

I'll post more thoughts after I read through everyone else's.
    Last edited by AntagonistGB; 09-14-2010 at 05:24 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    FFT. I enjoyed [strike]FFVI[/strike], VII, and Tactics, but then was very disappointed with FFVIII, and the series never fully recovered for me.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

XV. It can really use hell a lot of work in terms of the story and gameplay mechanics.

Dun get me started on the initial version that was released. Barely a completed game.