Page 8 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314182858 ... LastLast

Thread: Mindsmurf Mafia - GAME OVER - Town Win - The Triple H gods are the heroes!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Votecount
    (I'm not going to show all the no-votes here but they will be counted against themselves in the official tally)

Poseidon (2) - Cerberus, (self-vote)
    Apollo (2) - Artemis, (self-vote)
    Hera (2) - Dionysus, (self-vote)
    Tyche (2) - Helios, (self-vote)
    Athena (2) - Aphrodite, (self-vote)
    Cerberus (1) - Hermes

Not voting:
    Apollo, Ares, Asclepius, Athena, Demeter, Eilithyia, Eros, Hades, Hebe, Hemera, Hephaestus, Hera, Hestia, Hygieia, Nyx, Persephone, Poseidon, Tyche

No-vote:
    Medusa

Day 1 ends in about 16 hours.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I looked through the thread and don't have any strong suspicions yet. The only thing I saw that caught my eye was Hestia's defensive response here:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Hestia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Hera View Post
    Whenever I see these "don't call out the cop/doctor" posts I feel like someone is trying too hard to look like town. Especially when no one's asking anything of a potential cop/doctor.

More interesting things usually happen on Day one, so I'm sure I'll see something worth placing a more definite vote on later. For now Hestia is just a tiny iota more suspicious than the rest of the bunch to me.
    You can interpret however you choose, either I'm giving advice to try and help beginners sort out how to play messy mafia or I'm just trying to look town. I can't sway how you interpret actions. However, calling out a Doctor or Cop early in the game is always bad/scummy play. Not much has really happened yet. With any luck Medusa is mafia and we delayed her a day from finding out who her buddies are!
    This post struck me as quick to be defensive. Though I still wasn't very suspicious until the last sentence, when she tried to distract and point to someone else as potentially mafia and emphasize how good it would be for the town.

It's not much at all at this point on the game, but it's the only thing that remotely stood out for me (except for Cerebrus's distaste for Boston, and if that's not scummy I don't know what is). But I might not be around until after the day ends tomorrow, so I'll leave this vote for now:

##Vote: Hestia

I'll give my vote to Tyche now

##Vote: Tyche

I find it weird that he's covering for another person, shrugging them off as town. How can he be so sure, and what does he have to gain from doing that? Like he said, it's only Day 0, how can he know anything about Dionysus? I don't know, just a hunch. I'd say my vote is likely to change, but I have work in 3 hours, so this is most likely it.

Oh Hera, Dionysus is likely a new player and I believe we do have quite a few of them in this game, so it is most likely that Hestia is only giving advice despite not knowing anyone's role at all. After all, it was Day 0.

@ Hermes' foiled attempt at fake role claiming! You know that wouldn't work so early in the game!

And my dear Nyx. I'm surprised you are calling me a "he" despite being known as "Lady Luck" to some. Perhaps every player is male for you, hm? Oh, I digress! Though I do firmly enjoy that you are deciding to take your chances on voting for me for this. Luck can be such a cruel thing, wouldn't you say?

I, too, will also take a chance and will cast my vote for you so that we can be even, my friend.

##Vote: Nyx

Having read through the thread Day 0 really tells very little. My only concern is the bandwagoning! Given that I only voted for Medusa because Medusa voted for me (yup no theory behind it that simple honestly) I'm suspicious of the other 3 players who voted for the same.

Hygieia, Eilithyia, Hemera the mighty Apollo demands you explain yourselfs!

And to Artemis I can't help how screwed up my lineage is, its left me with a lot of issues trust me

Not voting yet gonna watch a while

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Demeter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Cerberus View Post
    ##Vote: Poseidon

Just a feeling.
    Poseidon has posted twice, where is the feeling coming from? I'm curious as to what you've picked up on, can we explore this further?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Persephone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Hades View Post
    Also, Persephone, it can be our place. Wouldn't you like to be the dread queen of the underworld?
    Beats being the dead queen.
    Hades! I've warned you once already, stay away from her!
    Look, you're gonna be my mother-in-law whether you like it or not. I'm the god of the underworld. I have the freakin' Helm of Darkness, and all the stones, minerals and gems in the world belong to me. Your daughter could do a lot worse.

Did anyone actually see Hermes' roleclaim? Roleclaiming annoys me, so I'm gonna vote for the fleet of footed guy.

##vote: Hermes

Now wait just a soul-damning minute here. You've been making unfunny joke posts the entire time, H-Bomb, and yet when somebody else makes an unfunny joke post, ALERT ALERT ALERT BETTER VOTE FOR THEM!!!!

I would like to change my roleclaim. I am no longer RONALD REAGAN, I am actually the Hades: Hypocrite, or Communist? YOU decide!. My power is that every time a manatee licking screwball whose name rhymes with Ladies votes for me, I have to respond with mocking sarcasm.

THIS IS A DEADLY SERIOUS ROLE CLAIM BTW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Hermes View Post
    Now wait just a soul-damning minute here. You've been making unfunny joke posts the entire time, H-Bomb, and yet when somebody else makes an unfunny joke post, ALERT ALERT ALERT BETTER VOTE FOR THEM!!!!

I would like to change my roleclaim. I am no longer RONALD REAGAN, I am actually the Hades: Hypocrite, or Communist? YOU decide!. My power is that every time a manatee licking screwball whose name rhymes with Ladies votes for me, I have to respond with mocking sarcasm.

THIS IS A DEADLY SERIOUS ROLE CLAIM BTW!!!!
    Hades & Hermes, arguing like this isn't going too help town! Although I am inclined to agree with Hermes, Hades your behavior is pretty odd to say the least but I'm not convince I should vote for you though either because it could just be typical Day 1 behavior!

I think Hermes has been sniffing shoe polish guys

Shoe polish? smurf that noise. What you really want to do is spray a can of deodorant into a plastic bag then put it over your head. That's where the money's at. Also the pretty butterflies that won't stop screaming.

Also sorry Appy, I just have to make fun of people that do things like that. I cannot help it. I have tried and tried but I can't restrain myself. It's who I am. I will try, for you, but so help me god if he pulls the "WHY YOU SO DEFENSIVE?" line then I can't hold myself responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Hermes View Post
    Shoe polish? smurf that noise. What you really want to do is spray a can of deodorant into a plastic bag then put it over your head. That's where the money's at. Also the pretty butterflies that won't stop screaming.

Also sorry Appy, I just have to make fun of people that do things like that. I cannot help it. I have tried and tried but I can't restrain myself. It's who I am. I will try, for you, but so help me god if he pulls the "WHY YOU SO DEFENSIVE?" line then I can't hold myself responsible.
    I forgive you my child! Overly defensive behavior isn't helpful to town & must be punished severely!!!

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Apollo View Post
    Having read through the thread Day 0 really tells very little. My only concern is the bandwagoning! Given that I only voted for Medusa because Medusa voted for me (yup no theory behind it that simple honestly) I'm suspicious of the other 3 players who voted for the same.

And to Artemis I can't help how screwed up my lineage is, its left me with a lot of issues trust me

Demands? Hmph. But really. Snakes. For. Hair.

##vote: [M] Apollo

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

I still don't know what to do or say, so I'll just give my probably useless opinion on things that seem to be an issue.

People bandwaggoning on Medusa: Really, I don't think this is a sign of scum, not here anyway. It just seemed 3 people after Hygieia wanted to joke vote and everyone went for Medusa.

Everything to do with Dionysus: This seems to be the only thing so far that is actually scummy at all. Hestia gives some advice, Dionysus claims he is a new player, Hera questions Hestia, Tyche defends Hestia, Hestia makes a slightly cryptic post, and ends with something about how hopefully Medusa is Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Hades View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Dionysus View Post
    I say Medusa. Smurfer has snakes for hair.

WAIT! Zeus is SMURFING with us. Medusa's probably the doctor.

I'm going to say Asclepius. It'd be just like Zeus to make the God of Medicine a serial killer or something.

##Vote: Asclepius
    Any reasoning for this? No, didn't think so. Also, if there was a reason you don't call out the doctor. With that said, I can make a bet you are new and unaware that you don't just make random uneducated claims. Don't let it happen again bub
    This early in the game and the fact that Dionysus has clearly been hitting the sauce already, I don't think anyone is going to legitimize that roleclaim... er, roleblame? I like that, roleblame.

Looking through Day 0 there's not much to get from, so I'll just post my thoughts on the only post that stuck out.

Any reasoning for this? No, didn't think so. Also, if there was a reason you don't call out the doctor. With that said, I can make a bet you are new and unaware that you don't just make random uneducated claims. Don't let it happen again bub
    Whenever I see these "don't call out the cop/doctor" posts I feel like someone is trying too hard to look like town. Especially when no one's asking anything of a potential cop/doctor.

More interesting things usually happen on Day one, so I'm sure I'll see something worth placing a more definite vote on later. For now Hestia is just a tiny iota more suspicious than the rest of the bunch to me.
    I wouldn't necessarily say suspicious. Some people just take mafia more seriously than others. Still, they're pointing fingers and so are you.

And now so am I, damn ;_;

Looking through Day 0 there's not much to get from, so I'll just post my thoughts on the only post that stuck out.

You can interpret however you choose, either I'm giving advice to try and help beginners sort out how to play messy mafia or I'm just trying to look town. I can't sway how you interpret actions. However, calling out a Doctor or Cop early in the game is always bad/scummy play. Not much has really happened yet. With any luck Medusa is mafia and we delayed her a day from finding out who her buddies are!
    Like I said, I don't think anyone would really legitimize any type of role claim/blame this early in the game. But why, then are you subtly accusing Medusa of being mafia? Not especially cautious, though you admonish others for the lack thereof. Interesting.

Also, Persephone, it can be our place. Wouldn't you like to be the dread queen of the underworld?
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Poseidon View Post
    I looked through the thread and don't have any strong suspicions yet. The only thing I saw that caught my eye was Hestia's defensive response here:

This post struck me as quick to be defensive. Though I still wasn't very suspicious until the last sentence, when she tried to distract and point to someone else as potentially mafia and emphasize how good it would be for the town.

It's not much at all at this point on the game, but it's the only thing that remotely stood out for me (except for Cerebrus's distaste for Boston, and if that's not scummy I don't know what is). But I might not be around until after the day ends tomorrow, so I'll leave this vote for now:

##Vote: Hestia
    I don't really know what else to add here. Hestia seemed to be a little bit cryptic to me, and she seemed to be trying to defend herself without making it look like she was defending herself. I will hopefully be here for the rest of the day, so I won't make my vote yet, but if I had to vote right now, it would be for Hestia.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Hemera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Apollo View Post

Demands? Hmph. But really. Snakes. For. Hair.

##vote: Hemera

That's all I needed to hear! Snakes for hair is your reason? Bandwagoning is Mafia like behavior!

Damn not being able to edit my posts!! I can't vote twice

Anyway ##vote: Hemera

In case it wasn't clear