Page 16 of 71 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516171819202122263666 ... LastLast

Thread: Mindsmurf Mafia - GAME OVER - Town Win - The Triple H gods are the heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Poseidon View Post
    I have seen nothing yet to remove my original suspicion of Hestia. I have no idea what to think of her vote which saved Hades, who she had said she was suspicious of, in favor of someone who hadn't done much. To me it seems to really contradict roles for both town and mafia. But her arguing about her vote and laughably dismissing any criticism does not comfort me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hestia
    @Hebe: There's a difference between inactive and voting for someone laying low.
    This is completely true. But in your suspicious list posted earlier in Day 1, you included Hades, but not Hephaestus. Your claims to have any sort of reason to be suspicious of Hephaestus only came in Day 2 to defend your vote. This also seems very suspicious to me.

Apollo has also made my radar today. But I'm not sure if his constant, argumentative posts are scummy or just amateurish. Him randomly casting suspicion on the two people who now have more voting style based on the chance of the game mechanics is just sloppy either way.

Hades is also still on my "suspicious list," though has been silent recently (which may be suspicious itself, speaking of lying low).

If I had to vote right now, it would be for Hestia again.
    I think you could see her vote to save me in a few ways. 1) We're both scum and we know it. 2) She is scum and the scum are keeping me around to be their scapegoat. 3) Felt sorry for me, which I serious doubt in this game. 4) Is telling the truth about her reasoning. Take those things as you will, because I know how I'm being painted. That being said, however, I would like to take the opportunity to delve into some of the bigger aspersions cast upon me.

I fail to see how my behavior thus far is scummy. Until this post I have employed no logic whatsoever in my voting style because there was no type of evidence upon which to base a vote. I could've voted for Medusa, because she had snakey hair. Because that line of logic is way gooder and smart. My initial vote was for Hermes because, and here's where I was actually being stupid, I thought he'd made a legitimate roleclaim that'd been edited to RONALD REAGAN by Zeus Murder. After realizing the error of my ways, I just kept my vote with Hermes for no other reason than he was pissing me off. However, I also knew that Hermes would never be in any danger of being lynched. Just in danger of getting his ass whipped by me. When one has no evidence to go upon, one makes a safe vote that will not get one in trouble. Or so I thought, anyway. Not only did the majority of the other gods accuse me of acting scummy for being random, though several of them admitted to making their day 0 votes at random; they also basically accused me of being dumb.

Take from the above whatever you like, I'll go on with my suspicions below.

I think Apollo is behaving rather suspiciously. He has, several times through the course of this thread, chastised bandwagon behavior. However, his vote for me seems pretty strange. Shortly after Hermes and I started our war of words Apollo admonished the both of us for arguing, saying that it was distracting. These posts followed:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Apollo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Hermes View Post
    Shoe polish? smurf that noise. What you really want to do is spray a can of deodorant into a plastic bag then put it over your head. That's where the money's at. Also the pretty butterflies that won't stop screaming.

Also sorry Appy, I just have to make fun of people that do things like that. I cannot help it. I have tried and tried but I can't restrain myself. It's who I am. I will try, for you, but so help me god if he pulls the "WHY YOU SO DEFENSIVE?" line then I can't hold myself responsible.
    I forgive you my child! Overly defensive behavior isn't helpful to town & must be punished severely!!!
    Within a single interaction Apollo went from chastising both of us to calling for my severe punishment for "overly defensive behavior." Beg pardon? Hermes was the first to be defensive over my vote for him. I admittedly retaliated, but I didn't even instigate the war of words and I was accused of being overly defensive.

This, though, is what really concerns me.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Apollo View Post
    ##Unvote:Hemera
    Despite my utter distrust of Hemera for deciding to vote for me for pretty much no reason, I see no point in wasting my vote.

Given that I'm one of 7 players tied on 2 votes I'm starting to worry my ass might get lynched. 4 of us have been voted for by 2 other players with 3 others only being on 2 because of self votes. So time to act to save my godly a$$ as its currently me vs Hades vs Tyche Hestia.

Tyche honestly hasn't posted enough for me to get any impression of them as a player & from what I can see the votes for them are totally random.

Hestia again I see no major scumish behavior. Again random Day 1 voting.

Hades on the other hand has spent most of Day 1 arguing with Hermes (whom I'm not suspicious of all they have done is speak their mind) & post general nonsense which I feel is a hindrance to town. Not to mention the roleclaim!!

So as a result my vote is now

##vote: Hades
    I have no issue with the vote for me, but I have an issue with the reasoning employed. He has no suspicion of Hermes and considers me at complete fault for the ensuing fallout, which other gods may also. Even so, I made a "safe vote" with a semi-ridiculous reasoning and was raked over the coals for it. That's not even the weirdest part of this line of reasoning, though. It gets weirder, because Apollo then states he believes my posting of "general nonsense" is a hindrance to the town. Not only is Apollo guilt of this behavior himself, he participated in her Hades/Hermes nonsense as well (discussed performing a stunner on me.) Finally... and this could be a misread... but I feel the final statement in this post accuses me of a roleclaim. Perhaps I am mistaken, perhaps Apollo meant to say my issue with a roleclaim... but I really would like to have some light shed on that statement. What roleclaim are you speaking of and how does a roleclaim make me suspicious?

While I do agree with Poseidon's assessment of his suspicions of Hestia, Hestia herself has brought some pretty damning evidence to light about Apollo, with whom I already have issue. His conflicting statements were designed to entrap her. I wonder why he's changing his tactics.

I'm not ready to make a decision at this point, because there are more people I'd like to hear from and, of course, I'd like to give Apollo a chance to respond.

Also, my doggy is dead

Hades edited his post. I don't care if you wanted fix the Ronald Regan tag you messed up. Double post like everyone else.

Hmmm.. quite the conundrum (and we're only in Day 2!)
    Persephone is visible on my radar right now.. her last minute vote to save Hades coupled with her discreetness is the source of my current suspicion. Of course, this is all rather weak.. I'll withhold my vote for now.

I can't help noticing the drastic change in mood.. someone ought to tell me how gorgeous I am! It will lift my spirits at any rate.

My dear Aphrodite, you are so fortunate to have such beauty, I envy you!

But, alas, I am just a Mistress of Fortune. Nothing wrong with that. I bring good luck to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Artemis View Post
    Hades edited his post. I don't care if you wanted fix the Ronald Regan tag you messed up. Double post like everyone else.
    I didn't know that was faux pas.

An update on my suspicion list. Still consists Hestia, for reasons given previously by myself and other players. (The tie-breaking however means nothing to me until I learn more about Hades's alignment.).

Hades is still there. The argument from yesterday is suspicious, but not damning evidence. I think the whole "RONALD REAGON was a Zeus edit" excuse is pretty shaky.

New to the list is Asclepius. I find this person a bit suspicious. Running a search on posts by his name in this thread turns up flirty role playing posts and two "real" posts. One is where he swooped in to leave the first vote on Hephaestus Day 1, see here, and another was Day 2, which can be viewed here. The "random generator" excuse for voting just doesn't sit right with me. It's pretty much saying "I'm watching you 'kay bye for awhile."

Aphrodite and Artemis have yet to say anything of use. A search on posts from Ares turns up nothing. Is his account in play?

OOC:I'm very sorry about your doggy hades

Lets here some thoughts from miss Tyche. It's sure to bring her good fortune after all.

I worked on that post for an entire hour. Wow.

(Also yeah, editing and deleting are big no-nos in Mafia, for pretty much ANY reason. Artemis didn't have to be such a jerk about it though )

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Hera View Post
    New to the list is Asclepius. I find this person a bit suspicious. Running a search on posts by his name in this thread turns up flirty role playing posts and two "real" posts. One is where he swooped in to leave the first vote on Hephaestus Day 1, see here, and another was Day 2, which can be viewed here. The "random generator" excuse for voting just doesn't sit right with me. It's pretty much saying "I'm watching you 'kay bye for awhile."

Aphrodite and Artemis have yet to say anything of use. A search on posts from Ares turns up nothing. Is his account in play?
    You might want to look at Helios too. I just searched and he's had 5 posts and is pretty light on his justification for vote(s). Let me try and pull up who he voted for, one moment.

@ Hygieia: Of course! First and foremost, I just want to say that I'm rather wary about Persephone and Hestia, the two mostly responsible for Hades sticking around another day. I don't currently see Hades as a major threat, but I do believe that his time may come if he slips up somewhere. Though, I'm not saying if he will, but that's to be seen soon enough! Though, right now, I'm rather close to deciding who to place my vote on!

Hint: It's not Apollo.

I am suspicious of the people openly defending Hermes for the same behavior Hades was exhibiting. I think those people might be scum and I think Hermes is as well. I think Hades does have suspicious tendencies, but I know for a fact that defending yourself in a game of Mafia doesn't always point to being mafia. Hades would be the best target for scum right now because 1. he appears to be smart 2. he is boisterous and defensive. Scum love his type. By the way I'm a virgin.

My mistake, Helios has actually posted six times. The first was saying 'I won't be here much, oh btw I'm voting persephone.'

Post two came on day 2 and was another throwaway vote for no reason.

Third post was asking about the nature of the handcuffed townies role. Honestly I think it was pretty self explanatory.

Post number four was wordy with not a lot said. In short: 'vote for those who voted for dead townies.' A nice idea, but not all of those guys would be scum, if any.

Post five has a bit about inactives, but to his credit says "Thinking they're suspicious based on a decision made by the moderator? WUT." Aimed at Apollo, I assume, but a good thought there.

Last post, number six, votes for Persephone and then leaves, with the only justification "she voted for a dead townie." Not the strongest piece of evidence on its own.

I'd honestly feel insulted if anyone says that Hades, Persephone, and I are all mafia. For two people to stack votes to save one of their own on Day One would be a foolish tactic, linking the mafia far too close to each other.

With that said Persephone's vote is just seems obvious in an attempt to save Hades. Keeping in mind all possibilities I feel that perhaps there is another reason why Persephone would want to stop a lynch on Hades. Perhaps a lovers-esc role?

In all, I see the possibility of the entire Hades tie situation being something the mafia could use far too easily to their advantage. It brings someone to blame. If not me, then Persephone, if not Persephone, then Hades, for dodging the noose in the first place!

Which is why I'll be leaving for a few hours (sleep) and I'll be leaving my vote on Apollo as he's been the biggest person to appear to try to get all of the attention around yesterday's tie!

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Hestia View Post
    I'd honestly feel insulted if anyone says that Hades, Persephone, and I are all mafia. For two people to stack votes to save one of their own on Day One would be a foolish tactic, linking the mafia far too close to each other.
    A tactic nobody would see coming. Food for thought. The entire premise of this game is forgetting everything you ever knew about mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Nyx View Post
    There has been a lot of talk about Hestia's vote to kill Hephaestus and (allegedly) save Hades. But, just five minutes before the end of the day, Persephone voted for Hephaestus and tied up the game. Persephone saved Hades. Maybe she wants to take him up on his offer, or maybe they're already in cahoots?

Either way, there's something not quite right about that.
    ##Vote: [M] Persephone
    Actually, I'd just woken up and read the thread. As for why I voted for him, something just didn't feel right about him.