Thread: Who is the guy on the cover art?

Question Who is the guy on the cover art?

The title says it all. Sorry if this was a dumb question, but who is he? He looks so cool! Is it a part of the game, or solely Yoaka Amano's own special piece of art?

If the answer was obvious.. Yes, I'm very new to Final Fantasy. I've only played very little of VII and up to the beginning of chapter 2 in XIII (both from friend's). I beat Crisis Core. ..You get the point.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He's known as the Warrior of Light in the Amano artwork and later he was used to represent the hero for FFI in the FF fighting game Dissidia. Sadly, he's not a character in the actual game. Just a representative of the heroes of the title. The woman seen in the artwork is Princess Sarah and Chaos has his own picture as well.

Welcome to the FF universe.

Oh. Too bad he isn't an actual character. Still really cool, though. Where exactly did you find out about this information? I haven't found a site that has such info.

Thanks for welcoming me, although I haven't gotten a complete, traditional taste of the FF universe. I'm expecting FFVI Advance in the mail in two weeks. Can't wait!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The FF Wiki is a pretty good place to start. Its the name he's given when you look up the artwork by Amano. He's simply referred to as the Warrior of Light in the Amano pieces and I guess the name stuck.

I always thought it was a representation of the Fighter/Knight class.
    Is currently playing Final Fantasy II. I am going for 100%.

-Has played FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFIV, FFV, FFVII DoC, FFVIII, FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, FFXIII, FFTA. Has beaten FFI, FFII, FFX. Has 100% beaten FFI. Has watched FFtSW, FFVII AC, and FFU.