Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pubic Drinking Fountains

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

might be because a dog's dish is used by one dog and a public drinking fountain is used by hundreds of people. It can also be because a drinking fountain is outside while a dog's dish usually isn't. I don't know where this dish in question was anyway.

I think I'd probably just buy a bottle of water.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    might be because a dog's dish is used by one dog and a public drinking fountain is used by hundreds of people. It can also be because a drinking fountain is outside while a dog's dish usually isn't. I don't know where this dish in question was anyway.

I was waiting for one of you jerks to say that. Did you know we pay tax dollars for cleaned water to come out of our taps? I drink tap water almost exclusively except when I need to drink a new bottle of water for the (relatively) cheap bottle.

What do you mean I can buy a bottle from walmart for cheap? I don't wanna! I use it for my brotein!

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Peegee View Post

I was waiting for one of you jerks to say that. Did you know we pay tax dollars for cleaned water to come out of our taps? I drink tap water almost exclusively except when I need to drink a new bottle of water for the (relatively) cheap bottle.
    You never have to choose between a water fountain and tap, though. One is only available in public and the other is only available at home.

Or are you referring to the fountain as tap? I was of the impression that the bacterias came from the amount of people using it, hence the comparison to dogs supposedly being cleaner than us. But what do I know! and what do the people behind this test know!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I was of the impression that the bacterias came from the amount of people using it, hence the comparison to dogs supposedly being cleaner than us. But what do I know! and what do the people behind this test know!
    The test looked at the amount of bacteria which would grow in a swab of the sink in a water fountain. Unless you lick the fountain itself, you are not being exposed to that bacteria. A much more relevant test would be looking at the water itself as it comes out of the fountain.

As is, it's just more pointless fear mongering to get some attention.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Strange. I did a similar experiment several times in high school, and never got results like that. I guess our microorganisms are camera shy, or something.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Contrary to what some people will have you believe, I do not lick anything that involves the word "public."

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I guess that's supposed to spark the predictable semantic argument about the difference between the words "lick" and "suck." Have it your way, Mr. Clinton.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I never lick the basins of drinking fountains. I always fill my bottles up from the spout!

That's so gross. The water that runs into the fountain is ported off to a sewage line. The stuff that comes out the tap is clean, freshly filtered from the city water supply. Rye can tell you about how clean NYC water is. Bottled water... yeeech. Who performs quality control on that stuff? Someone that wants sales to be high, I assure you.

Quote Originally Posted by Clo View Post
    I tend to not drink from water fountains because I prefer water ice cold and not bath water warm.
    Allow it to run a few minutes to get the warm water out of the line, and the condenser unit should kick in. It doesn't stay warm very long!

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I found a LiveJournal years ago dedicated to a water fountain/public faucet licking fetish.

I have not and would not ever do such a thing.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

Don't you guys remember high school? People put their mouths right up against where the water comes out.

And at my high school there was, also, often tobacco-spit in the fountains. Not very refreshing to see.
    Last edited by Marshall Banana; 08-31-2010 at 04:40 AM.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Banana View Post
    Don't you guys remember high school? People put their mouths right up against where the water comes out.
    Only the special ed kids did that at my high school.
    I like Kung-Fu.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This thread reminded me of the best water fountain ever. In fifth grade, all the fifth grade classes were in a separate building that used to be the high school science labs. There was one water fountain and it was amazingly cold. Jesus I loved that fountain. I almost want to go back to that building right now to drink from it, because the water was so good.

I don't drink from many public fountains because I am really picky about my water and I hate any water treated with chlorine.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    Contrary to what some people will have you believe, I do not lick anything that involves the word "public."
    That statement becomes invalid once you realise it said pubic. You so do.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    This thread reminded me of the best water fountain ever. In fifth grade, all the fifth grade classes were in a separate building that used to be the high school science labs. There was one water fountain and it was amazingly cold. Jesus I loved that fountain. I almost want to go back to that building right now to drink from it, because the water was so good.

I don't drink from many public fountains because I am really picky about my water and I hate any water treated with chlorine.
    ... what do you drink then?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I thought they were for washing your feet O_O