Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aeris/Aerith : Wanted Dead or Alive

Blog Entries

Default Aeris/Aerith : Wanted Dead or Alive

Okay well this thread has some possible spoilers.

We all know how in Final Fantasy VII Aeris dies at the end of disk 1. Also we know there is no way to bring her back other then using cheat devices. Many people wish that she comes back or hopes there was a way to bring her back. Others think that it was a major part of the story so she shouldn't be brought back. My question for you is; If you could bring back Aeris/Aerith, would you? I know its not meant in the story but did you think her death was good cause you never liked her, or do you wish she would come back cause you miss her?
    Last edited by Saber; 08-31-2010 at 03:02 PM.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

I'd bring her back only b/c I'm a perfectionist and want to do everything in a playthrough =/ I don't like her though and wouldn't use her when I got her back.

Blog Entries

I would totally bring her back, because her limit breaks were the .

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I enjoyed FFVII's story. It's not my favorite, but it did its job and drew me in. If Aeris were revived it would be very not enjoyable. I mean, it would just be so cheesy if the audience just clapped their hands and believed and she came back to life

Blog Entries

I would want her back as I'm one of those people who sobbed over her death. First play through she was my favorite character and still is cause of her nature and story. Another thing is I can agree with Kyro for wanting her back for completion purposes.
    Marcus

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wouldn't want her to come back cause it would cheapen the story and her character. On the other hand, I liked her as a playable character as her Limit Breaks offered more of a strategy beyond "kill monsters faster" and her stats actually made using magic worthwhile. Its a shame there were no other characters who was geared towards magic as well as her.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

No, I would not bring her back.

Aerith is my favorite character because of what she did for the planet and what happened to her as a result like WK said, her limits and her high magical power made her the perfect mage type (though I find many people don't bother to use her cause she is "weak") I feel in no short time this will become another "Lets bash Aerith thread" I know I shouldn't say this but I feel many people didn't like her for her weak strength in battle and then just latched onto other people's reasons as to why they do not like her.

Just my thoughts and I am not going to change them no matter what anyone says.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Story-wise: No.
    Gameplay-wise: Yes.

Blog Entries

No, I never use her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    No, I never use her.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

Gameplay-wise I'd enjoy having her, but that would require gutting almost the entire mood of the game's second half. No, thanks! Plus, I hate when characters come back from the dead, especially in otherwise good stories. Battlestar Galactica almost gave me a stroke for that reason.

Blog Entries

yeah it wouldn't be the same game if she didn't die.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As much as I liked her, and as useful as I found her character, I would not bring her back. As others have said, the storyline would not have been the same if they took this option. It was a sad scene for me, but like most sad scenes there was a reason for it - her death was memorable for many reasons, so I am fine with her dead.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

WK says it all I feel.

Blog Entries

I think that bringing her back would have satisfied a lot of players. Most people have asked for over ten years now, "How do you revive Aeris?" and it won't stop until no new people play. bringing her back would not only please fans it would please those who don't want to answer the same question over and over. BTW it wouldn't have a whole slew of people wanting more out of the game. It would even lighten why the game is so popular. I've said it best a while back here on Eyesonff that having a new character come into the story shortly after disk 2 would have been nice. I think that character should have had all of Aeris limit breaks and stuff she had. I know I'm just plain being dumb but they did do that in FF5.
    Marcus