Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New guy playing Spider Man? Eh??

I don't know about you guys but I really wanted AN ACTUAL HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT to be Spider-Man because doesn't this reboot take Peter back to high school? There's gotta some high school students in New York who are dabbling in acting so don't tell me there aren't any!!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Gothamite10092 View Post
    I don't know about you guys but I really wanted AN ACTUAL HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT to be Spider-Man because doesn't this reboot take Peter back to high school? There's gotta some high school students in New York who are dabbling in acting so don't tell me there aren't any!!
    They can't really cast any actual high school students unless they are already 18. Due to child labor laws, they couldn't get enough work out of the under-18 year old for a typical filming workday. This is why most tv shows and films that are about primarily high school aged kids actually cast people who have already turned 18.

Are you kidding? Tobey Maguire made a killer Peter Parker.

I thought all the actors were still contracted to do a fourth in the current Spiderman series...

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

What happened was that they didn't like the script for the 4th (since they pretty much kiilled venom. They wanted to make Vulture the baddie and change black cat to vulturess) so it was re-written and they still didn't like it so the director was like "EF YOU" and so Tobey was also like "EF YOU TOO". Then the studio was like "FINE EF YOU GUYS. We'll just start over, you guys sucked anyway xP"

Right, cause that always works SO well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothamite10092 View Post
    They can't really cast any actual high school students unless they are already 18. Due to child labor laws, they couldn't get enough work out of the under-18 year old for a typical filming workday. This is why most tv shows and films that are about primarily high school aged kids actually cast people who have already turned 18.
    Well, they better invent some ground-breaking make-up that makes everybody at least look like they're high schoolers again. That's why animation works better for Spider-Man, because they can actually make Spidey look young and he stays young throughout the entire series because well, it's animation.

Quote Originally Posted by razorrozar7 View Post
    Right, cause that always works SO well.
    Well, the Batman Begins reboot worked out pretty well, when things went south for Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher. But since you're obviously skeptical, I'm guessing Marc Webb is no, Christopher Nolan, as far as directing skill goes.