Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New guy playing Spider Man? Eh??

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

Default New guy playing Spider Man? Eh??

So has anyone seen the guy that will be playing Peter Parker in the Spider Man reboot? Its kind of disappointing because ever since I heard Josh Hutcherson was in the running, I was really pulling for him, especially after how well I think he did in Cirque Du Freak: The Vampires Assistant. Well, if you haven't, follow the link to see a pic about the guy and also it has Josh Hutcherson's audition on the page as well. He did a fantastic job and I think they will regret not picking Hutcherson for the role.

Josh Hutcherson's Spidey Audition tape

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

He doesn't look nerdy enough :/

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I'm still just hating the fact that it's a reboot. Spider-man's high school days are so corny and boring. That audition tape proved that and the movie will probably feel catered more to children than serious or comic-interested audiences. Spider-man's last movie wasn't that long ago so they can continue on from there or pretend like those never happened and put Peter and Mary J in whatever situation they want just, not at high school. In 3-D also doesn't help anything.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

From what I've heard Mary Jane isn't the love interest in it. They are looking for a new one (new character) or to add in one of his others from the comic book.

If they do it right i'll be happy about it. They want to go the more dark feel of Batman and I feel they can do it with the first one. If they make it so that this kid is actually bullied, not just occasionally he gets his lunch money stolen, that he's having to cope with the death of his parents while living with his elderly aunt and uncle, and the fact that he gets bullied and gets the crap beaten out of him and he lives in a very low income area where he essentially needs the "street-smarts" that he is so lacking in.

And if they leave out the whole "with great power..." line. If they leave that out he has to figure it out him self. If he's a seriously effed up kid then a bit of power would go to his head quickly!

They CAN do a lot with it. The wonder is if they will :/

This whole reboot feels a bit premature if you ask me.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I'm with Dreddz on this one, it seems absurdly early to be 'rebooting' this franchise, and whichever actor you pick for the role isn't going to change that.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    If they do it right i'll be happy about it. They want to go the more dark feel of Batman and I feel they can do it with the first one. If they make it so that this kid is actually bullied, not just occasionally he gets his lunch money stolen, that he's having to cope with the death of his parents while living with his elderly aunt and uncle, and the fact that he gets bullied and gets the crap beaten out of him and he lives in a very low income area where he essentially needs the "street-smarts" that he is so lacking in.
    That sounds pretty lame, I like the Spiderman films. I like the 'lightness' of it, as opposed to the new Batman films (also good).
    That fight audition also showed the stupidness of it...no one fights like that in high school, it just seems so cheesy.

Also, what Dreddz said.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I agree with what most have said. Seems a little soon for a Spider-Man reboot and especially since it's the origin story again. Seen that story too many different times to be excited about another telling of it.

I wouldn't mind seeing a revamp to the series much like they did with the Hulk. New cast and story, sort of continuing where it left off but not making any reference to the previous films, and just doing their own thing. The problem with that is the current movies have already killed off many of Spidey's most recognized villains.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Well you said without reference to the previous films and I did say they should pretend like the others didn't exist. Besides that Spidey still has plenty of villains to choose from

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Wha...WHY?! Okay I get that remakes are good money, but this is just silly. There are so many many successful movie franchises to be remade that haven't been dead for only three years. Somebody remake The Blob or something!

I'm totally okay with this. The emo scene in Spiderman 3 smurfed up that saga so far beyond repair that I will welcome this fresh start with open arms.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I would rather have them make that Black Panther movie that Wesley Snipes has been trying to get made since the 90's.

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To be honest, after watching the second Spiderman, I refuse to watch them. They completely ruined the excitement I had for the big-budget Marvel movies. A few have been ok, such as the Hulk (The Edward Norton one of course) Iron Man 1 & 2, and the first Xmen movie and Orgins: Wolverine. Although I realize different people work on these movies (as I understand it that is) I just don't have much expectations for them now :/

Because I'm one hell of a butler.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Ha! I was just talking to Freya about this the other day.

I agree with most here, too soon for a reboot yada yada yada BUT, I'm a huge comic book fan and don't care how many they make, I'll still watch them all. Josh Hutcherson would have made a good Peter Parker, he had some pretty bitchin' moves in the audition tape. I have no idea who Andrew Garfield is but that picture of him in the link makes him looked better suited to play as a young Sylar.

Blog Entries

Never been too crazy about "the other guy", so I'm perfectly content with this revelation.