Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Couldn't they just call it "The Avatar" or "The Last Avatar"?

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I've read the original post several times and I can't really figure out what the issue is.
    read it again especially the bold text

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I think The Last Airbender is a fine title.

It's everything else about the film that's a problem...
    I like Kung-Fu.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Default q

i heard they made everyone white in the movie.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits View Post
    That's a lie. All the good guy main characters were white. All the bad guy main characters were middle eastern arab desert people. They are asian. Lots of the extras were east asians though. The kind wapaneses love that they wanted the entire cast to be.

I think it's stupid that it was ever complained about though, seeing as it's an American cartoon based in a fictional world and no one's race/ethnicity is ever talked about or indicated, as far as I've seen. Unless there's a race of pale white to slightly tanned people with deformed, gigantic blue eyes out there in the mountains of east asia that I'm unaware of.
    Last edited by DMKA; 09-12-2010 at 05:47 AM.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    That's a lie. All the good guy main characters were white. All the bad guy main characters were middle eastern arab desert people. They are asian. Lots of the extras were east asians though. The kind wapaneses love that they wanted the entire cast to be.

I think it's stupid that it was ever complained about though, seeing as it's an American cartoon based in a fictional world and no one's race/ethnicity is ever talked about or indicated, as far as I've seen. Unless there's a race of pale white to slightly tanned people with deformed, gigantic blue eyes out there in the mountains of east asia that I'm unaware of.
    Since theres Asian architecture everywhere, Asian writing, medieval Asian clothing and ocaisionally even Asian words, I think its pretty clear what the writer was going for.

Also who has blue eyes in the series (not counting Avatar-state Aang)?
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post

Since theres Asian architecture everywhere, Asian writing, medieval Asian clothing and ocaisionally even Asian words, I think its pretty clear what the writer was going for.

Also who has blue eyes in the series (not counting Avatar-state Aang)?

Have you ever even watched the show?

And who cares if there's "asian architecture" everywhere? Asian covers a huge amount of people, varying greatly in race and culture. There are tons of caucasian people, arab people, persian people, and tons of other types of people in asia, not just Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese and Koreans. And again its A FICTIONAL FREAKING WORLD JESUS CHRIST.

Wapanese fanboys need to get over it and stop being so racist. There was no problem whatsoever with casting white people as these characters who, again, are fair complexioned, blue eyed people. Makes sense to me.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

Aangs eyes are brown.

Also it's obvious the writer was going for different Asian cultures in different nations. The air nomads were obviously Tibetan Monks (living in the mountains giant Tibetan like temples), the Earth Kingdom was China (walls everywhere, names like Bei Fong Toph), the Fire Nation was likely Japan (and firenation has the slantiest eyes and blackest hair of them all, if someone cant determine that they were meant to be one of the larger Asian Countries like china or japan then theyve never seen an asian) and the Water Tribes were inuit, also if anyone knows, what colour are inuit eyes generally?

There's already a limited number of roles Asians get to play in Hollywood, now theyre saying we cant even play roles that were obviously written for Asians.
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 09-12-2010 at 10:04 PM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Then finance your own movie - the casting scene in America is heavily biased to benefit white actors. Blacks a close second and asians a distant miscellaneous category.

I could start a whole ooc discussion on this - the point of which is that there's a whole slew of things wrong with TLA