Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: School

Default School

My school is now like a prison. We can barely wear anything apart from school uniform, no braclets, no necklaces . Ipods are banned, phones are banned from the school premisis. Shirts tucked in, ties down to the waist. Girls wear pleated skirts, no makeup. We all have to wear a badge on our blazers saying what form we're in (i see no point in that) and we have to wear gray socks. It never used to be like this though =(

Anyway, is there anything we can do, the students?

Also, what was your school like on this kinda stuff?

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

inb4kidsshouldknowtheirplace, howdareyoucomplain, and suckitup

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wow, that's fairly messed up!

I went to public school, so I didn't have that issue. The dress code was very lax. Nothing was really banned from school - you weren't allowed to text, and you technically could have your phone taken away for the day, but I knew no teachers that actually did this.

I knew one time though, a girl had a belt that had decorative bullet shells on it and she actually had it taken from her because they said it was a weapon. XD

Articles
    Blog Entries

*snip* ~ Stop being rude.

My school is pretty annoying for stuff like that, but I'm in Sixth Form now so it doesn't affect me as I can pretty much wear what I like.

The only jewellery we were allowed to wear were earrings but only studs, and bracelets, no other piercings were allowed and I had a lot of friends who had all these different ones. They're really strict on hair colour, it has to be natural colours, so no bright reds or anything like that. Oh and you had to have your shirt tucked in and tie done up properly at all times. Mobile phones aren't allowed in school and neither are Ipods and such like, though it's fine for Sixth Formers when we're in our common room.

I'm so glad I never have to be bothered with that again.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

That sounds very similar to my high school. In the last few years, they built fences all around us with a turn-stile which only pupils who lived incredibly close to the school could get through during the day, and that was with the agreement that they were to go straight home and not the shops or chippy. They had people in the village who'd grass on any students who ventured there.

We weren't allowed makeup, jewelery, nail polish, the list goes on. Our school ties had to be 5 stripes long and our skirts had to be below the knee. Oh and we weren't allowed to take off our blazers without a teacher's permission.

Ipods were only allowed at break or lunch. Phones were not allowed at all.

It was really strict!

Blog Entries

Holy , shirts tucked in? NO smurfING BRACELETS? Give me a minute, I'm going to give my local prison authority a call and ask them what the hell they're doing denying these basic rights.

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Please refrain from resorting to sarcasm and mockery in EoEO unless it's directed at Raistlin. Most people don't appreciate the condescending commentary.

=( your sarcasm hurts me.
    And apparently they're mixing boys and girls p.e together and we have another period :@
    Oh and it's a RC school, so i know that strictness is usual but...this much is just plain silly

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    Please refrain from resorting to sarcasm and mockery in EoEO unless it's directed at Raistlin. Most people don't appreciate the condescending commentary.
    Unless this was moved, this is in GC, not EoEO. Mockery should be celebrated.

When I was in sixth grade, we weren't allowed to wear t-shirts or shorts, and our clothes had to be tucked in. From seventh to twelfth grade, there were very little restrictions on our dress. I believe since I graduated in 2006, they've instituted some kind of uniform standards.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

See? It hurt her feelings. =(

Anymore mean comments and I'll lay the eggiest fart on you on ChickenHeart's behalf.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh, hey, you're right, this is GC. I followed a post warning here and thought it was the EoEO thread about the bracelets.

In that case, carry on. People quit reporting posts I don't give a about!

Oh dear...she? I'ma dude and i was joking too, idm it.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

This isn't EoEO, fatty. Are you wearing your reading glasses?

Regardless, the exclusive mocking is just annoying. Who are you to say what should and should not be cared about? I also notice Manus only mentioned two of the more minor rules as representative of the whole. Also, MILF beat you to it.

These sort of mindless school rules really bug me. I'm not sure how old you are, but how can we expect such kids to function as adults when they're treated like fungible automatons for 18 years? And who the hell requires girls to wear skirts? That seems hopelessly outdated and enforcing arbitrary gender roles. Unfortunately, there's probably nothing you can do, unless you want to protest the school directly. Maybe if enough students kick up enough of a fuss (cause the distraction the school is trying to prevent with stringent rules), they'll pay attention.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Boys don't like mudkips.

P.S. Your school is like prison in the same way that getting your teeth clean is like being buttrape. Quit your whining about how "unfair" it is and focus on your education. Schools that make you wear uniforms now also make it less likely that you'll have the kind of job where you have to wear a uniform as an adult.