Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy (PSP) announced

Here's Tifa's Dissidia Duodecim Magazine Scan for those who are interested:

A really interesting piece of info, is that not only does Tifa not know who Sephiroth is in Dissidia Duodecim, but she also doesn't know who Cloud is.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Amnesia? Perhaps an side effect of being pulled from your home world to fight other people in an unending game...

Also I like how you can see Materia in her glove.

Amnesia: The best and most under-utilized plot device.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Why doesn't Tifa know who Cloud and Sephiroth are?!

Anyway, she's wearing her classic Final Fantasy VII attire! I've always wanted to see her depicted in her classic attire while using today's modern game engine graphics! (I already saw her wearing her classic attire in a CGI render, but that doesn't count.) Her pose is similar to her original VII art, except that it's on a slight angle, and her right arm is raised as if she is flexing her muscle.

I also like her fairly high-pitched voice, and I believe that she will have the same Japanese and English voice actors as she did before (Ayumi Ito and Rachael Leigh Cook, respectively).
    Is that your final answer?

This better be one of her her alts.

"It is a well-known fact that all heroes in all tales disliked vegetables as children.
    Their legend begins with their overcoming of this weakness, and then continues with a journey filled with hardships.
    That noble vegetable, the onion, lives on as a symbol of hardships overcome, and as the mark of a true hero.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by LowCaloriePie View Post
    (SPOILER)

This better be one of her her alts.
    Her Advent Children outfit has already been confirmed for her first alt, and I would assume either the cowgirl getup or this hideous piece of Amano vomit would be her second:

If they do end up using that Amano abortion, I'd be disappointed if her legs aren't completely boneless and made of Jell-O, like they appear to be in that picture.
    Last edited by AntagonistGB; 10-20-2010 at 04:16 AM.

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    Why doesn't Tifa know who Cloud and Sephiroth are?!

Anyway, she's wearing her classic Final Fantasy VII attire! I've always wanted to see her depicted in her classic attire while using today's modern game engine graphics! (I already saw her wearing her classic attire in a CGI render, but that doesn't count.) Her pose is similar to her original VII art, except that it's on a slight angle, and her right arm is raised as if she is flexing her muscle.

I also like her fairly high-pitched voice, and I believe that she will have the same Japanese and English voice actors as she did before (Ayumi Ito and Rachael Leigh Cook, respectively).
    I can tell you spent a lot of time "examining" her pictures...lol

I really hope they put Laguna and Adel or Rinoa and Seifer. Auron and Yunalesca would be heavenly! ^_^
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Evastio View Post
    A really interesting piece of info, is that not only does Tifa not know who Sephiroth is in Dissidia Duodecim, but she also doesn't know who Cloud is.
    Wow Square is really doing stuff that makes no sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Wow Square is really doing stuff that makes no sense now.
    Nah, they've been doing that for a while now. Remember that sequel to Final Fantasy X that happened because of the merger that killed them after that horrible movie they made nearly bankrupted them? Yeahh.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I think it's likely to be something like a parallel universe where Cloud doesn't exist, or never met Tifa.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    Amnesia? Perhaps an side effect of being pulled from your home world to fight other people in an unending game...
    In the preview the Emperor said that the warriors of Cosmos have lost the previous cycles and have lost their memories. Maybe the two are correlated, so that losing a cycle of the war means losing your memories as well?

Remember in the original FFVII where there was this huge controversy about whether or not Cloud was real and if everyone's memories regarding him were fabricated by Sephy? Perhaps they're going to run with that idea for this particular game. Or maybe Dissidia isn't canon anyway, so whatevs.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> WTF? Her boobs suddenly became smaller..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

And it seems they made up for it by having her shirt hug them a little too much xD

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    In the preview the Emperor said that the warriors of Cosmos have lost the previous cycles and have lost their memories. Maybe the two are correlated, so that losing a cycle of the war means losing your memories as well?
    This is what I feel is most likely the case, in the original Dissidia, the Heroes didn't know who each other was or what they were doing. It was only after Cosmos' death did everyone start to regain their memories. Even the villains who remembered the previous cycles began to start hinting about stuff going on in their own titles after that point.

My guess is that Kuja isn't a Warrior of Cosmos but rather he's being mistaken for one cause it sounds like they are searching for other Cosmos warriors (most likely Kain and Lightning). SE has hinted their may be 4 to 10 new characters but didn't specify exactly nor did they mention if Kain and Lightning are part of that number. Also, it appears both the English and Japanese VA's for Vaan have been twittering about new work for SE so there is a good possibility that Vaan might be one of the new heroes.