Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast

Thread: Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy (PSP) announced

In b4 butthurt over Vaan

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Quote Originally Posted by AntagonistGB View Post
    In b4 butthurt over Vaan
    Damit, beat me to it

Yeah, Vaan is a poor choice compared to Basch or Ashe.

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    In b4 butthurt over Vaan
    Damit, beat me to it

Yeah, Vaan is a poor choice compared to Basch or Ashe.
    Or the leading man. Actually, from a gameplay point of view, Balthier or Fran would probably be tthe best choice, rather than yet another blade user (going by everyone's initial equips). Perhaps Penelo, who had a dagger, if I recall correctly. Though from a story perspective, only Basch, Ashe, or Balthier would make sense. :P

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I guess I wasn't thinking about it from that perspective. In terms of what they would add to the game I agree that Balthier would be the best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    My guess is that Kuja isn't a Warrior of Cosmos but rather he's being mistaken for one cause it sounds like they are searching for other Cosmos warriors (most likely Kain and Lightning).
    Keep in mind that in the original Dissidia, the villains themselves said that Kuja was the newest warrior of chaos. Also, in the Dissidia Duodecim preview, it heavily implies that he's truly with the good guys, seeing how Kefka tries to provoke Kuja into fighting him, Cloud and Kuja's coversation doesn't sound at all like they see each other as enemies, and he talks to Zidane, Bartz, and Squall the exact same way he talked to Zidane in Shade Impulse 12, where he basically becomes a good guy.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It just seems weird to choose Kuja as a warrior of Cosmos cause he was always a bastard in his own game. Jehct or Golbez would have been better choices cause both were confirmed to be former Cosmos Warriors.

As for the Kefka dialogue, the scene is out of context, Kefka could be talking to someone off screen and let's face it, its nutjob Kefka, its not like him talking about blowing crap up and trying to get under people's skins is a stretch from his usual dialogue.

Still, it could all be true, who knows what the writers have planned for the game.

As for the Vaan bit, I'll admit I'm also a tad annoyed cause I would have preferred Basch or Lady Ashe as Gabranth's counterpart but I guess Gabranth did kill Vaan's brother Reks so its not a total stretch. Vaan might be a sword wielder but XII did allow you to carry anything so he might pull off a Firion. Balthier did this in his cameo in Tactics WotL. His equipment restrictions are almost the same as XII's meaning he could equip almost everything...

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Evastio View Post
    >>> WTF? Her boobs suddenly became smaller..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    And it seems they made up for it by having her shirt hug them a little too much xD
    I'd say her boobs in Dissidia 012 are a middle-ground between her original Final Fantasy VII and Advent Children incarnations. It's also more proportionate to her body. In my opinion, her boobs are just the right size here.
    Is that your final answer?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    I'd say her boobs in Dissidia 012 are a middle-ground between her original Final Fantasy VII and Advent Children incarnations. It's also more proportionate to her body. In my opinion, her boobs are just the right size here.
    Seriously, you've looked way too into this. Maybe get a real girlfriend and study her tits as carefully? :P
    Last edited by AntagonistGB; 10-24-2010 at 11:25 PM.

Seriously, you've looked way too into this. Maybe get a real girlfriend and study her tits as carefully? :P
    I was only responding to Black Orb and Jessweeee.

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

Lol, A'yo, alright guys. Let's not turn this into a bashing each other's sexuality thread.

So tell me, I honestly think that Auron and Yunalesca would be PERFECT for this game. Anyone agree? ^_^
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by TyphoonThaReapa View Post
    Lol, A'yo, alright guys. Let's not turn this into a bashing each other's sexuality thread.

So tell me, I honestly think that Auron and Yunalesca would be PERFECT for this game. Anyone agree? ^_^
    I agree on both accounts.

I know, I was just messing around with ya, bud. No harm meant.

Auron would be cool, but Yunalesca? I can't imagine why, she's basically Cloud of Darkness minus the tentacles. They pretty much even have the same hair and "clothes" and I can't imagine she'd control any different than Ultimecia.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I hope that this next iteration of the Dissidia series incorporates more traditional fighting game elements into the mix. Dissidia Final Fantasy has very little support in the fighting game community.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

I know, I was just messing around with ya, bud. No harm meant.

Auron would be cool, but Yunalesca? I can't imagine why, she's basically Cloud of Darkness minus the tentacles. They pretty much even have the same hair and "clothes" and I can't imagine she'd control any different than Ultimecia.
    Oh, okay, thanks for clearing that up.

And perhaps, if they want to take more ideas from fighting games, perhaps they can look at Soul Calibur, Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom, and Super Smash Bros.

I really hope they don't go that route, to be honest. I don't like fighting games, even the "good" ones like Street Fighter or Smash Bros. One of the reasons I felt Dissidia worked so well was that it didn't feel like another genre entirely from the games it was based on. Actually, it felt like a simplified Kingdom Hearts engine, which is a series I REALLY love. In fact, I wouldn't mind if the main numbered games took a few pages out of Dissidia's book and they made a series of retro, nostalgic traditional RPGs for the handhelds like they've been doing with 4 Heroes and Warriors of Light and Darkness.