Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast

Thread: Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy (PSP) announced

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AntagonistGB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    I'd say her boobs in Dissidia 012 are a middle-ground between her original Final Fantasy VII and Advent Children incarnations. It's also more proportionate to her body. In my opinion, her boobs are just the right size here.
    Seriously, you've looked way too into this. Maybe get a real girlfriend and study her tits as carefully? :P
    I was only responding to Black Orb and Jessweeee.
    I know, I was just messing around with ya, bud. No harm meant.

Auron would be cool, but Yunalesca? I can't imagine why, she's basically Cloud of Darkness minus the tentacles. They pretty much even have the same hair and "clothes" and I can't imagine she'd control any different than Ultimecia.
    I beg to differ. Reason being, Yunalesca was a master of negative status alignments; something this game REALLY lacks in. I mean, incorporating more status effects in this game is a grand idea. With that being said, Yunalesca was boss bitch when it came to kicking ass with Zombie and Death. And as a twist, they should give her the ability to heal the opponent to take small bravery damage doing Zombie. She can also use this fighting style to heal when she's a support. And Yunalesca > Cloud Of Darkness...lol

Edit: And I'm with antagonist when it comes to Dissidia being more like other fighting games. I would erode originality

Edit2: Oh, and btw, think about the great story having Tidus, Ject, Auron, and Yunalesca in one game. Ject was a warrior of light before right? It gives him a bigger incentive to be so if Yunalesca is a warrior of chaos...^_^
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

Alright, fair enough. So what, like poison bravery, slow, stop, zombie (maybe gets hurt by Regen and EXP -> HP and the like?) That may actually be pretty cool. But story-wise, I never really considered her a major player in the whole of FFX, much like Seymour. When I think main enemies of FFX, everything pales in comparison to Sin, which is effectively Jecht.

Alright, fair enough. So what, like poison bravery, slow, stop, zombie (maybe gets hurt by Regen and EXP -> HP and the like?) That may actually be pretty cool. But story-wise, I never really considered her a major player in the whole of FFX, much like Seymour. When I think main enemies of FFX, everything pales in comparison to Sin, which is effectively Jecht.
    I have to beg differ one more. Think about it, Yunalesca was the ultimate orchestrator of the cycle of destruction that is Sin. If it wasn't for her, Sin wouldn't exist and Yu-Yevon would be some random angry spirit. She was the overseer of the Final Aeon. The blinding light which drew the righteous summoners and their guardian to the ultimate sin; continuing the cycle of death that is Sin. If that's not badass, then I don't know what is.

As for story, with Auron and Yunalesca, we have epicness in the making. Auron was killed by Yunalesca and became an Unsent with the sole intent for bringing together the people that are capable of bringing an end to the cycle of death that is Sin and stop the person who turns the wheel; Yunalesca. Auron knew what his was doing before the game even started. He knew that had to end with Yunalesca first because she was the one that give Yu-Yevon countless sacrifices for rebirth, i.e the Final Aeon and the possession of the Final Aeon by Yu-Yevon.

Jecht would oppose Yunalesca because he was used as a Final Aeon in hopes of bringing an end to Sin once and for all. But He and Braska was used by Yunalesca as she played on their hopes to continue Sin. Not to mention she has a very straightforward and dark attitude about it. She makes you think there is no other way but to give your life. And Jecht fell for it.

As for Tidus, Yunalesca, Sin, and Yu-Yevon was the ultimate reason Jecht taken away from from him and his mother to begin with. And he's mother died lonely because if it. I'd imagine Tidus wouldn't take to kindly of that lol
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

Eh, but she wasn't NECESSARY is all I'm saying. They could have easily taken her out and just written off the process of Guardians turning into Sin as something that Yu Yevon himself controlled, and the story would literally have lost next to nothing because of it. They just added her in because they needed a big climactic boss at that point in the game. Unlike Jecht, who, if removed, basically destroys all character motivation for Tidus, or Sin, which, if removed, would more or less change every aspect of the game. Sure Auron has a grudge against her, but he could have been killed some other way, as he never really makes a big deal about her killing him and all.

Actually, it would have been more poignant if the Unsent or some other representation of Yu Yevon himself took Yunalesca's place in-game, as it would help to build up to the final confrontation against him, and make his role in the game more apparent, thus making his last-minute appearance less forgettable.

Eh, but she wasn't NECESSARY is all I'm saying. They could have easily taken her out and just written off the process of Guardians turning into Sin as something that Yu Yevon himself controlled, and the story would literally have lost next to nothing because of it. They just added her in because they needed a big climactic boss at that point in the game. Unlike Jecht, who, if removed, basically destroys all character motivation for Tidus, or Sin, which, if removed, would more or less change every aspect of the game. Sure Auron has a grudge against her, but he could have been killed some other way, as he never really makes a big deal about her killing him and all.

Actually, it would have been more poignant if the Unsent or some other representation of Yu Yevon himself took Yunalesca's place in-game, as it would help to build up to the final confrontation against him, and make his role in the game more apparent, thus making his last-minute appearance less forgettable.
    The only reason Yunalesca SEEM like just a climatic story tool rather than a full fledged character was because most of her presence and role in the game has more to do with the back story instead of the initial story. Much like Ultimecia, she's more of a puppet master, then an in your face type boss like Sephy or Kefka; which I think is underrated personally.

In realistic terms, and if you look deep beneath the surface, Sin, Yunalesca, and Yu-Yevon was the three elements to the real enemy in the game of FFX; the cycle of death and destruction. You couldn't simply kill one and everything will be peachy. You have to confront all three to uncover the truth of the story. With that being said, I don't see any reason not seeing Yunalesca as a major player in the FFX storyline.

And, by the way, I agree. They could have taken her out and gave Yu-Yevon a bigger role. But they didn't...
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

Ah well, this is a topic for another forum anyway.

So what would you guys think about characters with swapped sides? Right now it looks as if Jecht and Kuja could be on the side of Cosmos, while Terra possibly on the side of Chaos, under control of Kefka. I hope they do all three, as it'd be interesting to see the different interactions this would lead to.

Ah well, this is a topic for another forum anyway.

So what would you guys think about characters with swapped sides? Right now it looks as if Jecht and Kuja could be on the side of Cosmos, while Terra possibly on the side of Chaos, under control of Kefka. I hope they do all three, as it'd be interesting to see the different interactions this would lead to.
    Lol, fair enough. But yeah, Auron and Yunalesca in Dissidia FTW.

Anyway, I'm interested to see it, but at the same time I don't think it'll make a difference to me honestly. I just want to see the characters beat the hell out of each other and see if Cosmos will get in on the action...
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Japanese website just updates. Added Cecil, Golbez, Cloud, Sephiroth, and Tifa into the character files and in the FF Compendium, they just added FFII.

In regards to the new alternate outfits, Cecil's bores me cause its basically a palette swap of muted colors for his main outfit. Golbez's is pretty awesome, Cloud's is interesting but I'm not feeling the white boots... Sephiroth's is plain boring cause its not like his Dissidia uniform is a major diversion from his original.

I can only imagine what the rest of the characters will get stuck with.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinGundam View Post
    It's in Jump. Due in 2011. Kain and Lightning shown.
    Oh look, I suddenly care about this series.

I think I know why it's Duodecim. There are already twelve characters in the game. A hero and villain representing each installment from I-X and then Gabranth and Shantotto. Natch Square will try to play off the title as if it has deeper meanings but we all know they're just @$$-PULLING.

Originally Posted by "Evastio" on Kain
    As for Kain, it makes me sick. The fanboyism that he gets is so bad... haters to balance out the fanboys, but Kain doesn't even have that.

I hate Kain. He's a douche. I hate Rydia. I think she's a bit of a brat. I'm in love with Edward... actually, not really. He's useless.

Originally Posted by "SuperMillionaire" on Tifa
    Tifa... And in her original outfit, which is my favorite outfit.

I am shocked and appalled.

Originally Posted by "AntagonistGB" on Tifa/Cloud
    Calling AC outfit and cowboy outfit for Tifa's alternate costumes.

Apparently Cloud's KH outfit will be DLC for people who buy Birth by Sleep Final Mix. I hate Square. >

AC obvious, but the cowboy outfit is one I'd like to see. It was featured as an unlockable alternate previously in Ehrgeiz but although it had more detail than the polygons would allow in the original, it was still none too satisfying.

That... would... suck.

Originally Posted by "AntagonistGB" on Dissidia
    I foresee a lot of criticism due to the fact that this game looks like it plays almost exactly the same as the first.

I had to sell my copy (angry side rant)(along with 50 other games for four bucks a pop to those god-forsaken money-grubbing Satan-worshipping buttmunches at GameStop [could've just as easily been any other game store, I suppose] because I didn't have four months to wait for a buyer online and I desperately needed the extra funds to take a trip up to Canada which was supposed to save my relationship with my girlfriend but only taught me that I'm a big douche and probably doomed our relationship altogether...), so I really wouldn't mind this game being nearly identical to the original. I'll buy it... as soon as I get my PSP's screen fixed. Worthless fragile piece of garbage...

Originally Posted by "qwertysaur" quoting "SuperMillionaire" quoting "AntagonistGB" on outfits
    Cloud's KH outfit will be DLC >
    Perhaps a standard pre-existing alt in the American version.
    Knowing Square-Enix it will cost a dollar or something

"Higher Priced New Release of PSP-Exclusive Title Final Fantasy Dissidia Duodecim Special Edition with Added Material!"
    "Much Higher Priced Even Newer Re-release of PSP-Title Dissida Duodecim: Final Fantasy Collector's Edition with Bonus Content and Added Features that should have been on the original copy but weren't because Square likes to jerk you around until all of your change is emptied from your pockets!" *sigh* I'd probably buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinGundam View Post
    *Aya costume.
    Who's gonna wear this costume? Lightning? You think?

I would also like to see Tidus sporting the Shuyin look and Dressphere Yuna... I like a lot of her looks. It would be awesome if you could actually shift between most of her jobs and costumes, but... evs.

Originally Posted by "Wolf Kanno" on characters
    My guess is that Kuja isn't a Warrior of Cosmos but rather he's being mistaken for one cause it sounds like they are searching for other Cosmos warriors (most likely Kain and Lightning). SE has hinted their may be 4 to 10 new characters but didn't specify exactly nor did they mention if Kain and Lightning are part of that number. Also, it appears both the English and Japanese VA's for Vaan have been Twittering about new work for SE so there is a good possibility that Vaan might be one of the new heroes.

When I first read that, I mistook "Kuja" for "Kain". It sounded more interesting that way. Vaan in the game... okay.

New photos for Duodecim on SE's facebook page...

DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY | Facebook

Edit: Looks more like a FFVII and FFIII fighting game to me.
    Last edited by TyphoonThaReapa; 11-08-2010 at 02:25 AM.
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I really hope they don't go that route, to be honest. I don't like fighting games, even the "good" ones like Street Fighter or Smash Bros. One of the reasons I felt Dissidia worked so well was that it didn't feel like another genre entirely from the games it was based on. Actually, it felt like a simplified Kingdom Hearts engine, which is a series I REALLY love. In fact, I wouldn't mind if the main numbered games took a few pages out of Dissidia's book and they made a series of retro, nostalgic traditional RPGs for the handhelds like they've been doing with 4 Heroes and Warriors of Light and Darkness.
    I speculate that the reason that Dissidia Final Fantasy never took off in the fighting game community is due to its resemblance to Kingdom Hearts and other action games' mechanics. It does not play or feel like a fighting game to me, and that is detrimental to the experience as it is marketed and presented as a fighting game. Maybe they should add more role-playing game elements and allow it to be more like a Kingdom Hearts game, then.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    I really hope they don't go that route, to be honest. I don't like fighting games, even the "good" ones like Street Fighter or Smash Bros. One of the reasons I felt Dissidia worked so well was that it didn't feel like another genre entirely from the games it was based on. Actually, it felt like a simplified Kingdom Hearts engine, which is a series I REALLY love. In fact, I wouldn't mind if the main numbered games took a few pages out of Dissidia's book and they made a series of retro, nostalgic traditional RPGs for the handhelds like they've been doing with 4 Heroes and Warriors of Light and Darkness.
    I speculate that the reason that Dissidia Final Fantasy never took off in the fighting game community is due to its resemblance to Kingdom Hearts and other action games' mechanics. It does not play or feel like a fighting game to me, and that is detrimental to the experience as it is marketed and presented as a fighting game. Maybe they should add more role-playing game elements and allow it to be more like a Kingdom Hearts game, then.
    I don't think they should. Reason being, it would give the game a much more apparent storyline which takes away from all the the original games. Some already say that the current dissia crushed the original games and characters already. And, to an extent, I have to agree. What they should do it keep what they have and expand on little things like fighting features, characters additions, incorperation features (Such as say, fighting badass monsters instead of manakins), and player control (such as character creation). That would be smurfing sweet if this game had a character creation.
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think they should try to appeal to hardcore fighting game fans. I rather enjoy the fighting mechanics of Dissidia because it blended RPG and Fighting game elements. Its not as heavily skilled based like most top tier fighting games but at the same time its not like getting a level 100 character guarantees victory.

Its a decent blend of both types of gameplay and I like the whole Bravery tug of war aspect of the game cause it sets the game apart from normal combo/reversal/counter mechanics of all the other fighting games out there. I also feel that part of the reason Dissidia didn't take off in the fighting community has more to do with the limitations of online play the game has. If Dissidia 2 needs anything gameplay wise, it needs real online play.

I would say maybe just dabble slightly into adding more true fighting game features into the mix. Only slightly, though, if they want to be experimental.
    Is that your final answer?