Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy (PSP) announced

I thought Nomura said they would've picked Sazh over Lightning. D;

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by AntagonistGB View Post

He did. Someone else must have convinced him to let lightning be the representative as she is the titular character.

The villain from XIII will most likely be (SPOILER)Raines
    but having (SPOILER)Bartandelus/Dysley as the villain would be a lot cooler

Also I wonder which character from XII will be added. I'm guessing Ashe but since Gabranth is already in the game Basch would have a workable story with him. (Assuming all characters will return)

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Great news!! Now lets see if this new one is any better..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

So, so far we have: Kain, Lightning, Cecil, WoL, Garland, and supposedly Kuja.
    Last edited by AntagonistGB; 09-13-2010 at 09:50 PM.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think its safe to say most of the original cast will make a return. I'm more interested in the two empty bars that were added under the normal Health bar. Looks like a new game play mechanic.

The game is apparently going to be playable at TGS this year so we will probably get some information about the game by the end of the month even if its nothing more than a few new game mechanics and idea of how Kain and Lightning will work.

From the screenshots, it looks like Lightning's EX Burst is going to be her using Zansetsuken (sp?) simialr to her summons ultimate attack.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    From the screenshots, it looks like Lightning's EX Burst is going to be her using Zansetsuken (sp?) simialr to her summons ultimate attack.
    Also,You can use "Paradigm Shift"

For whatever reason, that face picture of Lightning really irks me. D;

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

For whatever reason, that face picture of Lightning really irks me. D;
    Yeah, it looks like it's floating too high because her armor is blending in with the background of the portrait

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post

He did. Someone else must have convinced him to let lightning be the representative as she is the titular character.

The villain from XIII will most likely be (SPOILER)Raines
    but having (SPOILER)Bartandelus/Dysley as the villain would be a lot cooler

Also I wonder which character from XII will be added. I'm guessing Ashe but since Gabranth is already in the game Basch would have a workable story with him. (Assuming all characters will return)
    As much as I like Lightning, Sazh would have been much more fun to play. Not to mention we don't have any gun users. (Gunner Yuna for FFX?!)

It's a marketing issue, I think. Out of the six main characters it was Lightning they chose to represent FFXIII in their advertisements and game cover etc, but the other five could easily take that place. They chose Lightning because she is a strong, sexy female. From a business perspective this is a wise choice. Unfortunately this lead to some people viewing her as the main character and they expected her to support everything. But that's another topic. Anyway where I was going with this is that it makes more sense to insert the most iconic character of the game for FFXIII's first entry.

Kain's Ex-Mode has been confirmed as Holy Dragoon and this scan showing Tifa in Dissidia Duodecim has been floating around (I don't know if it's real or not).

As for what I think of Dissidia Duodecim so far, Lightning is the only character that I'm okay with being in (I can't really say if I like her being in since I'm not that familiar with her). As for Kain, it makes me sick. The fanboyism that he gets is so bad, it makes Cloud and Sephiroth look like the most hated characters in all of Final Fantasy. At least those two had a lot of haters to balance out the fanboys, but Kain doesn't even have that. I was at least hoping that he'd be on Chaos' side so that he'd get trashed by the heroes in story mode, seeing how he's more of a villain in the original FFIV. Oh well, with his traitorous personality, maybe he'll be dumb enough to pick fights with his own allies and lose. There've been mentions of Kain randomly attacking Bartz when he didn't even do anything to Kain, so maybe we can skin him alive in Bartz' story mode. And I guess I can always let Kain join Sephiroth and Zidane in my list of characters I beat up in Dissidia on a regular basis.

...okay, now that I'm done letting off some steam from reading all of the Kain fanboyism on GamFAQs, I'll continue. If Tifa really is in, I guess it's a bit of a mixed bag. At least her fanboys aren't like Kain's who mindlessly trash talk all other characters that aren't Kain, and she is probably the most logical choice for a FFVII protagonist besides Cloud (though I was hoping more for Vincent since he has a better connection with Sephiroth). But the fact that a significant amount of people want her in because of her breasts is rather, bleh. I guess the addition that I like the best so far is the Emperor's Throne Room being a new level.

Quote Originally Posted by Evastio View Post
    As for Kain, it makes me sick. The fanboyism that he gets is so bad, it makes Cloud and Sephiroth look like the most hated characters in all of Final Fantasy. At least those two had a lot of haters to balance out the fanboys, but Kain doesn't even have that. I was at least hoping that he'd be on Chaos' side so that he'd get trashed by the heroes in story mode, seeing how he's more of a villain in the original FFIV. Oh well, with his traitorous personality, maybe he'll be dumb enough to pick fights with his own allies and lose. There've been mentions of Kain randomly attacking Bartz when he didn't even do anything to Kain, so maybe we can skin him alive in Bartz' story mode. And I guess I can always let Kain join Sephiroth and Zidane in my list of characters I beat up in Dissidia on a regular basis.
    Wow, really? I always thought that, out of all the FFIV characters with undeserved fanbases, Rydia was right up there at the top. :V Plus, you seem to have enough venom for Kain to balance it out. :3 And as for Tifa, I'm glad she's in. She's one of the very VERY few female characters that I think really shines on their own in the series. Plus, I think her fighting style will be unique compared to the four thousand sword wielders from the first game.

Apparently the weird pink internet part of Orphan's Cradle is an area, as well as the Sky Fortress Bahamut from XII. I've also heard rumors of Balamb Garden, but I don't think that one's confirmed.
    Last edited by AntagonistGB; 09-18-2010 at 04:17 PM.

Tifa is confirmed to be a playable character in there! And in her original Final Fantasy VII outfit, which is my favorite outfit for her.
    Is that your final answer?

Calling AC outfit and cowboy outfit for Tifa's alternate costumes.

Apparently Cloud's KH outfit will be DLC for people who buy Birth by Sleep Final Mix. I hate Square. >:(

I'm very excited to hear that Tifa will be in this