Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy (PSP) announced

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

For those wondering, the event revealed that Chaos has a playable form and he's apparently just as broken as his old boss form. Though I'm pretty sure Chaos would get reamed if he didn't fight on the smallest map in the game.

The Phantom Train appears to be the smallest map now. You're literally battling in one of the baxcars so you have practically no air game.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Urrrghh, Dissidia in a boxcar? I don't think that's going to be fun.

So, it's now out in Japan, and no new character from either VI or IX. Why? I mean, I like most of the new characters, but I'd dump Prishe, Laguna, or Vaan in a heartbeat to get Celes, Locke, or Beatrix. Heck, I'd get rid of Desperado Chaos to get one of them.

And still no sign of Prologus. Stupid Squenix.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

The FFIV Complete Collection Bonus for Dissidia Duodecim has been revealed to be a fourth costume for Cecil which makes him resemble his classic SNES/PS/GBA sprites.

Also, for the lulz, here's Gilgamesh's failed Ex-Burst (this alone makes me want to use him now).

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    So, it's now out in Japan, and no new character from either VI or IX. Why? I mean, I like most of the new characters, but I'd dump Prishe, Laguna, or Vaan in a heartbeat to get Celes, Locke, or Beatrix. Heck, I'd get rid of Desperado Chaos to get one of them.

That's a bummer. I have lost absolute interest in ever playing this title. Triple thumbs down.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

List of characters I would have loved to see, but never will get to:
    Mog VI
    Edgar VI
    Fran XII
    the ghost form VI
    Umaro VI
    Gau VI
    Zack CC (hed probably move a little slower than cloud, but be a lot stronger, heck even genesis would have made a good character... but not angeal)

Is there a list of confirmed characters>?
    there are several others.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Elskidor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post

That's a bummer. I have lost absolute interest in ever playing this title. Triple thumbs down.
    Same here. I might buy it eventually, but all the excitement I've had for the game is essentially lost. I still have my origianl Dissidia, it's still fun, I'll stick with that.

"It is a well-known fact that all heroes in all tales disliked vegetables as children.
    Their legend begins with their overcoming of this weakness, and then continues with a journey filled with hardships.
    That noble vegetable, the onion, lives on as a symbol of hardships overcome, and as the mark of a true hero.
    "

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

HC: This thread has mentioned all the confirmed characters.

I'm disappointed as well, though I'll add I'm still scorned about losing out on Leon from FFII as well. I wanted him and Squall to meet each other and have them comment on each other's names.

I have the game pre-ordered and I am still happy to get Kain, Gilgamesh, and Laguna but overall, I'm not happy with most of the new characters announced. I would have much preferred Auron for Yuna, Basch or Lady Ashe for Vaan, and Aerith as a playable character over Tifa (which wasn't going to happen anyway, I know).

The alternate costumes have been much better this time around. I still want Kuja in his rare Amano design (he looks completely different) and maybe see Squall in his Balamb Uniform but that's what DLC is for. I'm just hoping SE will have the foresight to actually add new characters as DLC, even if they won't be as well integrated into the story as the rest of the cast.

I'm curious to know if the Ultimania for the game has an explanation as to why FFI-III, VI, and IX were passed over for new characters.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I made a card collection of Yugioh cards based on the cast of this game. I'm not familiar with several of these characters, so I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me feedback.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-f...ml#post2958592

Moved--
    I could swear that I was posting that in the Cards thread. Must have stopped paying attention.
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 03-16-2011 at 11:55 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Though I have no issues plugging another thread in your posts, I would prefer if everyone else left their insight for the plugged thread in the acual thread instead of changing topics in this one...

Don't think anyone mentioned this but DLC of a new fourth costume for Zidane and Kuja have been revealed.

Two weeks and counting. Still no Prologus. I think Squenix just forgot about overseas.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Knowing them, they'll either release it the day of the games release or just decide to charge us for Aerith DLC on day one.

Well good news about Dissidia Prologus. Sure it is coming way later than it should have but here it is. We will have it by next week no doubt (or on release day which would be lol fail).

Here's my evidence. Have hope.

Twitter / Sonia Im: Dissidia Prologus peeps I ...

there is also a very slight chance that we will either be charged less for it or not all (which I doubt considering SE).

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

If I have to ay for it, I will kill SE
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen