Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vampire Diaries Season 2 (Spoilers)

Blog Entries

I think I'm gonna excuse her by saying "she's new at this stuff", and let her off the hook. Also, she's too damn cute to be killed off.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think it's a real testament to both the writers and to the actor that Damon can do unspeakably awful things, like seriously smurfing EVIL stuff, and yet you can't help but feel for him and hope for some redemption somewhere down the road.

As for Bonnie, I think she's the weakest actress on the show, but she's pretty much the only person with any power against the vamps. I don't like how severely weak the humans would be without Bonnie. Maybe they can throw in a Slayer somewhere in there to balance things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    As for Bonnie, I think she's the weakest actress on the show, but she's pretty much the only person with any power against the vamps. I don't like how severely weak the humans would be without Bonnie. Maybe they can throw in a Slayer somewhere in there to balance things out.
    Jeremy is gonna be a badass vampire hunter.

What has happened to Alaric, btw? Is he coming back or not? I reeeally hope so. Damon and Alaric bromance = win.

Blog Entries

Was that a thrilling episode, or what?

I thought they were all going Damon hunting, but I am quite pleased that that wasn't the case. Even though I pity the fool, it was nice to see him getting his ass scorched by that "judgy little thing", Bonnie.

Tyler's story is getting more and more interesting, but we all know where his path is going to lead him, non? I'm glad that they're dedicating some more time on his character.

Instead of starting a new thread, I decided to ask here. I saw something like three episodes of this show, and just couldn't stomach it. But I keep hearing good things about it, from people who aren't just fan-girls. Is it that good? Is it better than True Blood? Is it The O.C. with fangs?

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It started off pretty crappy. And then steadily got better and better, and the season 1 finale and season 2 premiere are some of the strongest episodes I've seen of any network TV show in a good while.

Vampire Diaries has better pacing than True Blood, although generally True Blood still has better acting/writing.

Blog Entries

I was sceptical at first too, but I stuck with it, and now, it has me completely enthralled. Haven't felt like this about a show since 2005, when I first got hooked on Supernatural.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

What Miriel said.

I like vampire Caroline and hope they keep her. :}

Personally I think it's grown to be a far better show than True Blood. The first season of True Blood was awesome but since then it's just gotten worse and worse. The season 3 finale sucked. On the contrary, like Miriel said, Vampire Diaries started off kind of lame and now it's become a fantastic show imo.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

"And now you want me to eat bunnies" I really like the Caroline-Stefan double act

Blog Entries

We all knew that the entire "Werewolves vs. Vampires" thing was inevitable, but it looks interesting. At least there's no annoying in between species threesome drama going on.

Elena is quite honestly starting to annoy me a little. She exudes hurt, but you can hardly blame her for that, but I still don't like what she did and said to Damon. Like Damon said, she really is starting to resemble you-know-who on more than one level. Enough with the whimpering.

Edit: Welcome back, Alaric.
    Last edited by Chris; 09-24-2010 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    "And now you want me to eat bunnies" I really like the Caroline-Stefan double act
    Me too! I'm really glad they've gone down the Vamp!Caroline road. Plus her eye make-up of late is TOTALLY HOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Elena is quite honestly starting to annoy me a little. She exudes hurt, but you can hardly blame her for that, but I still don't like what she did and said to Damon. Like Damon said, she really is starting to resemble you-know-who on more than one level. Enough with the whimpering.
    I actually disagree with you - I think she's sticking to her guns and rightly so. Damon crossed a line and he deserves to be punished. xD I think it's pretty clear that she doesn't really hate him, though, especially with how upset she was by his 'you're just like Katherine' comment. She really wants to hate him and I think it speaks volumes for her character that she's not ready to forgive him, cos really, he hasn't done anything to earn it (other than jumping in front of an arrow for her, lol). He intended to kill Jeremy and it's gonna take a lot more than an apology to make up for it.

Welcome back, Alaric.
    Yaaaaaay!

Also, Katherine's back! Yay! Do more evil stuff plz!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffing Cheese View Post

I actually disagree with you - I think she's sticking to her guns and rightly so. Damon crossed a line and he deserves to be punished. xD I think it's pretty clear that she doesn't really hate him, though, especially with how upset she was by his 'you're just like Katherine' comment. She really wants to hate him and I think it speaks volumes for her character that she's not ready to forgive him, cos really, he hasn't done anything to earn it (other than jumping in front of an arrow for her, lol). He intended to kill Jeremy and it's gonna take a lot more than an apology to make up for it.
    I know! I know! I agree, but they were getting so close, and then Damon screws it up. It's like you said, she obviously doesn't hate him to the degree... that being said, he did, like you said, take an arrow for her, and that had to count for something, right? She was so cold, but she had every ri... still, please make up, and with werewolves running around, they can't afford to scatter.

I'm gonna stop now, before I start to sound like a total fan boy.

Tyler is getting interesting, and let's see him kick some vampire butt.
    Last edited by Chris; 09-25-2010 at 12:12 AM.

I'm gonna stop now, before I start to sound like a total fan boy.

Tyler is getting interesting, and let's see him kick some vampire butt.
    I think I've already crossed the line into scary fan-girl.

I hope we get some decent storylines about the werewolves. It would be nice to see more Tyler and Jeremy stories, I like their dynamic.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm actually super happy that Elena is on the outs with Damon.

I mean, Damon is like the best character on the show, but it's beyond ridiculous that he can go around killing people left and right and NOT have people absolutely hating his guts. I mean, he kills Alaric and now they have like a bromance friendship going on (which I enjoy tbh, but it doesn't make it any less bizarre) and he kills Jeremy and Jeremy is mad at first but then decides to have a heart to heart talk with Damon. It's weird!

And for all this, "omg I hate Damon" thing that Stefan has going on, it seems like any time Damon does something bad, Stefan will eventually forgive him for it. And that includes Damon murdering his very bestest friend.

So yeah, I'm glad that Elena is sticking to her guns and staying mad at Damon. Plus, I want them to draw out the love triangle a bit more. We're only in season 2, people!