Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EID MUBARAK!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Heard about it on the radio. Apparently there's gonna be extra police patrolling at cinemas this year.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujiko View Post
    Psy is right
    this right here everyone

this right here

But yeah I have massive respect to Muslims for Ramadan. For those that don't know, they can't eat or even drink a glass of water during the hours of daylight (so basically they can only do that between 9PM-3AM approximately) for a whole month. It's damned impressive.
    xDDD

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    For those that don't know, they can't eat or even drink a glass of water during the hours of daylight (so basically they can only do that between 9PM-3AM approximately) for a whole month
    I knew this much. Unfortunately, I have no idea why Muslims do this. Can someone enlightenment with a non-Wikipedia for Ramadan? History or how it came to be, anything of the sort?
    You fast for many reasons; basically, it's because it's healthy, because you're supposed to feel what it's like for the poor that have no food and struggle to survive around the world every day, to realize how vulnerable and dependent humans really are, hence to be thankful for what we have instead of being jealous of what others have; you are to remember your creator in everything you do and speak kind words to your fellow beings, show humiliation and help those in need (charity is a big part of Ramadan, even more than on other months).

It's all about being thankful to God for your blessings and loving and respecting your fellow beings and helping the needy; you're even required to visit your neighbours and friends (usually you invite them to eat with you when you break the fast after the sun is down) and visit the sick and helping others whenever you can. You also practice discipline during this month. There are many reasons, and one of the most important events of this month is that the first verses of the Koran were revealed, on a night called the Night of Power (to Muhammad through the angel Gabriel).

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    I would not survive Ramadan.
    Happy Eid Mubarak Everyone! Fuji and Rod, invite me over I want some gifts! :happy:
    Come on over, bebeh~~
    Last edited by Fujiko; 09-11-2010 at 06:41 AM.

Blog Entries

I approve of this use of the party cat smiley.

Usually we exchange gifts in terms of the greens...aka $$...

However.... Usually its the working folks who give cash to non working folks i.e nieces nephews grand kids, staff etc...

But working folks do get Eid Bonuses (like Christmas bonuses)

Regardless , Laddy you'll get a gift from me

Bunny, I love you regardless

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

I can't believe this thread was allowed. If it ain't Christ, you know it ain't right! Can I get an AMEN?!

But seriously, I was invited to my friend's Eid feast today, but I couldn't make it, and I was a sad panda.

Fluttershy Recognized Member Ashi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

This is late but eid mubarak =P
    I was kidnapped to a resort with no internet access (not even my blackberry, gasp!) during Eid. It was oddly...relaxing!