Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: Screenshots!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

How do they run so smoothly compared to FFXIV? Is it down to it being a closed beta, having better hardware, or is there something else in the design which allows for it? Or is that something which is difficult to say unless you're actually one of the developers?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

As in more responsive interface and controls, and less lag in larger areas (that isn't caused by internet connection).

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Ah. Have you played recently, out of curiosity? I can't remember when I last saw you in, but the lag hasn't been bad for me for a while. Oddly, if I play for the first time in a week, it still stutteres a little when I walk around Ul'dah, but after about a minute or two it behaves again. If I play daily, it's fine. I wonder if there's a cache involved or something.

But yeah, the lag has improved considerably, although as I said, it's hard for me to compare with what the game was like months ago.

Recognized Member smittenkitten's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

Looks like they are having an argument ha. "Green is better" "Uh Uh Red is so much cooler!"... (I should get out more)

Thought I'd get one of me observing.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

New event, new screenshots. I should probably remember to take shots of other things, but oh well.

FFXIV_1313251681.jpgFFXIV_1313228278.jpgFFXIV_1313227395.jpgFFXIV_1313227429.jpg

FFXIV Character

Devore Jojishi (Sargatanas)

Me visiting the three cities. And my retainer who I named RandomBooty because what she sells is a ramdom selction of booty that I dont need....And shes hot.

Fireworks in limsa_.jpgStarry Night in Ul'Dah_.jpgSunny Gridania_.jpgRandomBooty_.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by *Devore* View Post
    Me visiting the three cities. And my retainer who I named RandomBooty because what she sells is a ramdom selction of booty that I dont need....And shes hot.
    Increase your settings bro. Unless you PC's already maxed out.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Nice, Devore. I've seen some pretty awesome scenery recently and I'm stupid for forgetting to get screenshots of them. I'll have to try to make more of an effort when the weather / time of day / location etc. is just right!

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by *Devore* View Post
    Increase your settings bro. Unless you PC's already maxed out.
    Its on standard setting, I think. I'll see if I can make it look more awesome later.

I came across a cave in Limsa Lominsa called Shiposhae. Its both bueatiful and creepy at the same time. I couldn't go in too deep though, too many mobs.
    Shiposhae_.jpgBat friend.jpgMy bat friend. I named him Bruce.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I accidentally went in there once and have since done a few leves there, too. It's beautiful!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

These threads always make me want to join in the fun, everything looks so awesome

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

I've been playing on another server with a friend and his linkshell, and it is a lot more fun than when it was first released. I have been fine for the most part, but I can still definitely see how some newer players (especially those coming from World of Warcraft) might need more guidance in what to do in lower levels.

I also am going to make a Roegadyn on Lindblum to play with you guys.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Awesome! The more Roegadyn in the world, the better.

EDIT: You gonna abandon your Lalafell entirely?

FFXIV Character

I was exploring in La Noscea and decided to go to camp Bald Knoll, which was tricky since all the monsters were aggressive and could easily kill me in one hit. Got to the camp, headed north and saw this.

Demonic thing.jpgThe Great buffalo!
    (Sorry for the bad quality, I turned my settings up but my computer couldn't take it. When this was taken, I had just turned them too far down).

I was on a hill so you don't get a sense of just how big it is, but its huge. It doesn't even have a level. Has anyone beaten it yet?

That's a big buffalo!

Yeah I will abandon my original character, I'll let you know what my new name is in the game. By the way how do you take screenshots? I tried all the F keys and Print Screen but nothing happens.