Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Dexter Season 5

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

The finale has to be pretty damn amazing to top last year's. I'm not sure how they could even get more shocking.

I am really looking forward to it. Though I shudder to think of another 8 months or whatever without Dexter.

The finale has to be pretty damn amazing to top last year's. I'm not sure how they could even get more shocking.
    (SPOILER) Lumen was never raped, her twin sister was and she's been following and watching Dexter for a lot longer than this season and has been using him to entire time. Chase kidnaps Cody, Debra catches Dexter confronting Chase and puts it all together; shoots Chase and keeps Dexters secret.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    (SPOILER)Everybody dies.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

(SPOILER)In a state of confusion after finding Dexter with Chase, Deb shoots Dexter. The doctors give Dexter no chance to live, unless... And then Lumen volunteers to have Dexter's head sewn to her body. Next season: Dexmen

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

This should become a meme.

That is horrifying Shlup.

(SPOILER)Jordan Chase kills Dexter, who is sent to hell. He must confront and re-murder all of the major seasonal villains, who are aided by some of his smaller, lesser known kills. The season finale reveals a twist: The Trinity Killer, after murdering Satan, has become the Devil.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oo, Bunny's is the best one so far. Best twist for sure.

Ah the old bulldozer in the road trick. Great for getting rid of visiting relatives and angry serial killers!

All in all, disappointing finale and, therefore, season of Dexter. But the shot of Dexter's boat out on the water in the moonlight was really beautiful. And right before Harrison's bday party I said to the TV that they would play that light guitar song. And they did. SO PREDICTABLE! :<

I thoroughly enjoyed the season finale. It was fairly predictable, yes, but like I was telling a friend of mine: it's incredibly difficult to have an unpredictable season and then follow it with an equally unpredictable season finale. Possible, yes, but they would've had to change the core of Dexter's character, which would not have worked in the long run. I think they left Dexter in a good spot for the next season and wrapped up the Chase storyline in a very appropriate and emotional manner.

Also this season was my second favorite, narrowly behind last season. Johnny Lee Miller isn't my favorite actress, and neither is Julia Stiles, but they did a pretty incredible job with the roles they were given.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I agree mostly with Bunny. The finale was pretty predictable, and Lumen's leaving seemed very rushed. But I do like the development of Deb and Quinn, and the kids coming back home. The show is good at tying up loose ends.

I am glad that Quinn did not completely take the fall for Liddy's murder. It would be interesting if he turned into Dexter's ally in season 6. Though I'm not sure why Quinn was so completely sure that the blood was Liddy's; he didn't notice the blood dripping onto his shoe, so how the smurf does he know where the blood came from?

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Predictable yes. Julia Stiles was just like, "k, well, my contract is over now so I have to go."

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Predictable yes. Julia Stiles was just like, "k, well, my contract is over now so I have to go."
    I agree.
    Even though it made sense, I feel like it happened way too fast. I felt like she wouldn't have come to that realization until it came time to kill again, but then again I never had the need to kill someone so I don't know how it comes and goes,lol.
    Although the whole Quinn/Liddy thing seemed like there was so much stacked up against him that I feel like regardless of the blood on the shoe, he still had alot to account for.
    But alas, it's nicer to have it wrapped up this way.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I liveblogged as I watched so as to share all of my thoughts and feelings:

It's been 20 minutes and nothing has really happened yet... Normally I would be annoyed, but with all the elements of this season's storyline, I'm anticipating a big [metaphorical] explosion. Eeeee!

Quinn's face when he saw Liddy :o

Kind of sad that it's taking me until now to start liking Quinn. Now that he's, like, balls deep in but handling it well.

Ahaha, I was just thinking "Really, Dexter, you can't bring a gun this one time?" and Jordan pops up with a gun on him.

YES! Knife to the foot! That was hot.

Murdery!Lumen is my favorite.

Oh , this is the part where Lumen gets caught and covers for Dexter... I don't want Lumen to go to jail. :ohnoes:

Oo, we have a potty chair like that in our garage.

Dude, Deb on the other side of the plastic. This is crazy intense.

HOLY BALLS DEB LET THEM GO THAT WAS TITS.

I am so into post-bodydump snuggling.

Goddammit, she's gonna leave him. As soon as she opens her eyes her face says "Just kidding about that whole thing where you've finally found someone who gets you."

Dude, Dex, time to upgrade your antipersperant to clinical strength.

DUDE... The ass on Matsuka's chick. WTF.

Hmm... No intense reveal at the end. Kind of a let-down, but better than the alternatives. The only "better" end would be Lumen staying, but a lot of people would disagree with me on that and it would change the dynamic of the show, so I can't be too disappointed.

And now back to a life with no meaning. I miss Dexter already. ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Though I'm not sure why Quinn was so completely sure that the blood was Liddy's; he didn't notice the blood dripping onto his shoe, so how the smurf does he know where the blood came from?
    I don't think he was "so completely sure," just pretty damn sure. Which is an important distinction. I mean where else would he have gotten a full-on blood drop on his shoe? How much dripping blood are you around on a regular basis? I mean, I'm rarely around dripping blood and I'm a female. Are you a cutter, Wes? Do we need an intervention?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    I agree.
    Even though it made sense, I feel like it happened way too fast. I felt like she wouldn't have come to that realization until it came time to kill again, but then again I never had the need to kill someone so I don't know how it comes and goes,lol.
    Although the whole Quinn/Liddy thing seemed like there was so much stacked up against him that I feel like regardless of the blood on the shoe, he still had alot to account for.
    But alas, it's nicer to have it wrapped up this way.
    Yeah, Lumen is just instantly "Well I don't need to kill anymore so I can't possibly stand to be around you." Dexter just spent this whole season finally getting to the point where he's thinking maybe he isn't a monster, and she goes and does that! What a cock!

And I want to know how Quinn covered the rest of his story. I mean damn...

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

yarp, Lumen ending seemed rather rushed. Should've been a double episode for the finale or something to have enough time for an intense, yet fulfilling, ending to the season.

But all in all a good season as always.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dude, Dex, time to upgrade your antipersperant to clinical strength.
    ahahaha inorite. I thought that too! It was a very serious scene and he has these huge sweat stains.