Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Dexter Season 5

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Yeah I don't think anyone was happy with the way that ended. Except for those miserable bastards who never liked Lumen.

I don't think he was "so completely sure," just pretty damn sure. Which is an important distinction. I mean where else would he have gotten a full-on blood drop on his shoe? How much dripping blood are you around on a regular basis? I mean, I'm rarely around dripping blood and I'm a female. Are you a cutter, Wes? Do we need an intervention?
    I have a tap for dripping blood for when I want to play Dexter.

Anyway, you're not a police officer working in homicide in Miami. I just don't see why he was "pretty damn sure" the blood came from that particular crime scene rather than any other. Or maybe he scraped his knee, or bumped into someone else who did. It just seems like quite a leap from Quinn's perspective when you consider only what Quinn knew (admittedly it was much less of a leap from Laguerta's perspective after Quinn refuses to talk and then she saw blood).

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He was wearing pants, so if he scraped his knee then the blood would be on his pants as well. I don't think there's a point really getting into such a minor detail. Laguerta suddenly looking at his shoes was a bit of a leap though.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think Quinn believed it had to be Liddy's blood, but he knows he was at that very location and can surmise it was shortly after Liddy was killed. Combined with having links with Liddy, with knowing that Maria knows he and Liddy were in contact, he was doing the wise thing in not taking the chance.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Combined with having links with Liddy, with knowing that Maria knows he and Liddy were in contact, he was doing the wise thing in not taking the chance.
    I'm baffled at this point, as no one was arguing otherwise. Quinn was certainly smart to ask for a lawyer then and shutting up. He could not say anything without putting either him or Dexter and him in severely hot water. My question came about only at the end of the episode, where Quinn goes up to Dexter and thanks him (for botching the blood test). It is at that point where Quinn expresses not just mere fear, but apparent certainty that the blood was Liddy's. I am merely questioning the basis for that certainty, because it seems pretty thin to me, if you consider only what Quinn knew.

Personally, I did not feel that it was a far jump for Quinn to make that the blood on his shoe was Liddy's, specifically because he did not know exactly where it came from. He could have deduced (rather easily, being one of the lead detectives in the department) that the blood was Liddy's based solely on that fact. What puzzled me was how easily it was noticed by LaGuerta, as it was a rather small speck of blood and she just randomly happened to look down at it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny
    ...specifically because he did not know exactly where it came from. He could have deduced (rather easily, being one of the lead detectives in the department) that the blood was Liddy's based solely on that fact.
    With absolute certainty (or at least enough certainty to publicize that fact to Dexter)? There's quite a difference between a reasonable conclusion (which this was, certainly) and being without any doubt whatsoever. Quinn's apparent reaction to the results was apparently not "oh god, I was worried that was Liddy's" but "that was definitely Liddy's blood and Dexter botched it to protect me!"

What puzzled me was how easily it was noticed by LaGuerta, as it was a rather small speck of blood and she just randomly happened to look down at it.
    I thought that was the most reasonable part. LaGuerta just stared down for a moment -- not an uncommon reaction -- and she's a cop. Cops look for and and see blood all the time. It seems reasonable to me that her eyes glanced over the stain, she unconsciously focused on it as an irregularity in the shoe, and then a couple of seconds later realized it could be blood. She already had plenty of reason to be suspicious of Quinn anyway, what with the calls from Liddy and not handing over the messages.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the blood not being Liddy's would hardly remove Quinn as a suspect. I could understand that it means they don't have enough to keep him locked up anymore, but he still didn't provide any reason for all the calls from Liddy right before the murder, did not hand over any messages (because he deleted them), and it was still his name signing out for the surveillance equipment. I wonder if he'll still be suspected in season 6, though this plot will probably just be swept away.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Laguerta is a vampire and she smelled it.

I think certain things don't have to be dragged out. The show would be dull if Miami metro were as slow as the real police, but hey, at least they're not as speedy gonzales as CSI are. Also, Quinn walked around the police station all day without anyone noticing, so it actually did take them a while to notice.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    (SPOILER)In a state of confusion after finding Dexter with Chase, Deb shoots Dexter. The doctors give Dexter no chance to live, unless... And then Lumen volunteers to have Dexter's head sewn to her body. Next season: Dexmen
    Someone has been watching The Human Centipede.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

No way, dude.

Though I did watch Daniel Tosh's 20 minute re-telling of it.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Combined with having links with Liddy, with knowing that Maria knows he and Liddy were in contact, he was doing the wise thing in not taking the chance.
    I'm baffled at this point, as no one was arguing otherwise. Quinn was certainly smart to ask for a lawyer then and shutting up. He could not say anything without putting either him or Dexter and him in severely hot water. My question came about only at the end of the episode, where Quinn goes up to Dexter and thanks him (for botching the blood test). It is at that point where Quinn expresses not just mere fear, but apparent certainty that the blood was Liddy's. I am merely questioning the basis for that certainty, because it seems pretty thin to me, if you consider only what Quinn knew.
    Oh, derp derp, I wasn't even thinking of that scene. I didn't think Quinn was saying "thanks for fabricating evidence" to be honest, I more interpreted it as "Thanks for getting me out of hot water" without necessarily having connotations of knowing how much trouble he was in.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Then how do you explain Quinn's "I owe you one" comment? If Dexter just tested the blood as any forensics person could have done and just honestly reported the facts, why would Quinn owe him anything? I don't see how that whole conversation can be explained outside the context of Quinn knowing that Dexter altered the results (which requires him knowing that the blood was Liddy's).

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh, watched that scene again, you're right. I don't know in that case!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

" There goes that MILF once again conceding that he was mistaken, the atrocious man."?