Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Dexter Season 5

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Another great episode. I like Dexter connecting with Astor finally, and the twist at the end was intense.

Ahhhhhhh. This shows writing is awesome. I think that Liddy? guy is gonna be Dexter's main villain. Jordan chase is just a little problem that needs to get done right now. And I thought the actress who played Astor grew up fast or something, but then they said she was 12. ew.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Raccoon make-up tends to age.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Tick, Tick, Tick! That's the sound of the slow painful time I have to endure until the next Dexter episode comes out. :/

too exciting!

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah, it's so exciting now, and that teaser for next episode was almost painful to watch because of the anticipation it left. The writing and acting is really on top. In fact I find most aspects of this show are on top

I'm really liking Liddy as a character, and Chase is pretty great too. Though somehow I feel like (just speculation, but still)they're gonna off a bigger character by the end of it. Neither Liddy nor Chase are enough to come anywhere close to the end-season victims of past seasons.

Teenage Wasteland was a giant setup for the next episode. The only downside for the episode was the cliché Quinn discovery. Even more stiffing is this Laguerta issue -- is she a bitch or what? Still that teaser for the next episode was very nice. It leaves you with just enough anticipation to tear our your eyeballs.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have an inkling that LaGuerta or Batista might get the boot. They're boring together.

I'm sure this past episode pissed alot of people off with the ending of the episode, but I like Julia Stiles so I'm okay with it

Even though I know Jordan let Emily tell Lumen everything to get the focus off of him and onto Alex and perhaps get Dexter and Lumen caught(?), I wonder what was the motivation for Emily? It seems like she has feelings for him but still, seems pretty odd.

I wonder what Liddy will do now with the information he has.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dexter rendered speechless by the sight of Lumen in her kill suit may be my favorite TV moment this year.

I may not care much for the actress, but I <3 Lumen.

I agree, I'm not really here nor there with Julia, but I really like what she's doing with the character.
    Him giving her the gloves was so cute!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Lumen is great, and I heartily approve. I really can't wait to find out what happens with Deborah and Jordan and Liddy. How far away is Sunday?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, that situation is getting crazy.

Lumen's gonna take the fall, I just know it.

After watching every episode, I say to myself "Self, how the hell are these writers going to top this next week?"

And then next week rolls around and it feels like I am trapped inside an alternate dimension where quality television is produced on a regular basis.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    Dexter rendered speechless by the sight of Lumen in her kill suit may be my favorite TV moment this year.

I may not care much for the actress, but I <3 Lumen.
    Omg, and the look on Dexter's face when he sees Lumen put on the gloves. He just looked so damn proud. It was adorable.

And I definitely do not like Julia Stiles as Lumen, but I love the character of Lumen and what that character is doing for Dexter. He's developing more in this season alone than in all the previous seasons. I love how it's going all the way back to the very roots of what he is, and the implications of Harry's presumptions about Dexter. Harry essentially created Dexter, molded him into what he is, and drilled into his brain the identity that he assumed Dexter had. And now Lumen has come around and completely unraveled all of that.

So during the scenes with Lumen, I've developed this tendency to look past the actress, almost like she wasn't even there, and just focus almost entirely on what her words/actions means for Dexter.

Also, the last few scenes with Deb and Quinn in the house were nuts. I don't think I was breathing properly for the last 15 minutes of the show. And Jordan Chase is a creepy ass mothersmurfer.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I wonder what's going to happen with Deb getting closer and closer to the truth. Maybe (SPOILER)Lumen will take the fall for the killings to protect Dexter. Or maybe it'll be pinned on Emily Birch. Who knows, though!