Thread: Tokyo Game Show stuff

Default Tokyo Game Show stuff

With the boatload of announcements at TGS I felt it was necessary to just create one topic to talk about them. I didn't have high hopes for TGS but I have been pleasantly surprised. Heres a couple of the biggest announcements (for me at least)

- DMC reboot confirmed. Odd calling it a reboot when all that has been changed seems to be Dante's character design. Which looks terrible.
    - Ninja Gaiden III confirmed. Only one image has come out of Tecmo regarding the title but its enough to get me excited. Really looking forward to seeing the title in action.
    - Last Guardian has a new trailer and release date.
    - New Yakuza game which is strange to say the least.
    - Versus XIII footage was finally shown. Behind closed doors no less. A snippet from the trailer leaked out and looks decent I guess. Still know hardly anything from the title.

There is a heap more stuff that has been announced but I don't feel like listing it all. So I reckon people can discuss whatever they feel like.

I never thought I'd call Dante more ridiculous, but a success is a success.

If they wanted to reboot the franchise and create a new model, they might as well have called him something different. How he's Dante without the white hair is beyond me.
    I saw that versus XIII footage and from what I could make out it plays like Kingdom Hearts or something. More action/adventure than rpg, but we'll see. I liked the environments at least!

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

A bigger issue with the DMC rebirth is not the look, but who is developing it--Ninja Theory, of Heavenly Sword (and Xbox 1's Kung Fu Chaos). Heavenly Sword was not great. It was okay while it lasted, but it was not DMC great.

I'm less concerned about how they screw up DMC now anyway, now that the guy who created DMC is off making his own games.

The new Yakuza game is just ridiculous. I was laughing the whole time I saw that trailer. I want it.

The new Castlevania looks freaking amazing. I've been kind of cool on it, but that trailer at least assured me the story could meet Kojima's cinematic tastes. There's a lot more that TGS got me excited about, but i'm between rounds in Halo right now...

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I was disappointed about the lack of coverage of Versus XIII, but that snippet of footage looked nice.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I saw that DMC trailer. All I could say at the end of it was "......WHY?".

Ninja Gaiden III is something I'll probably be interested in, if I can ever finish the frustratingly hard first one that I'm playing at the moment.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Really excited about Project Dark, from the Demon's Souls crew at From Software. Supposed to be in the same vein and style as Demon's Souls, yet the Director has explicitly said it's not Demon's Souls 2... yet the trailer makes it look like it unmistakeably is Demon's Souls 2.

Project Dark trailer is dark, Demon's Souls-esque | Joystiq

I'm also hyped with the info that was released on Valkyria Chronicles III, although I still need to get the second game and want to play the DLC campaigns for the first PS3 game. Really liking the art and story for the new one, though.

Also, as humongous as Gran Turismo 5 is on its own, and how incredible all the features we've heard about in the last few months have been, they utterly destroyed the crowd with the announcement of new stuff like Gran Turismo Anywhere's interface and integration, as well as the actual demonstration of dynamic weather. As long as it's been, it seems like the next month and a half is going to be unbearable.

Ooh, and Bad Company 2: Vietnam had a verrry nice trailer!