Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Westboro Baptist Church is coming to town

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

It was very hot, but we were only out there for an hour, so I sucked it up.

Oh, I also got talking to another local, who was maybe a bit older than most of us (late-20s, early 30s). He at first seemed typically religious and uneducated, and asked one of the police officers if they knew how much the WBC protesters were costing taxpayers in security and if he could sue them for it. I explained that couldn't happen, and allowing such suits would infringe on free speech... and he actually agreed and changed his mind! He agreed that it is certainly a lesser evil to allow such mindless bigots to speak out than to allow the government to inhibit their speech in any way. I was mildly impressed.

EDIT: Psy, there were a couple of younger brainwashed girls there, but they were turned off by the Fraggle hate. They clearly don't read the Bible very closely!

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    It was very hot, but we were only out there for an hour, so I sucked it up.

Oh, I also got talking to another local, who was maybe a bit older than most of us (late-20s, early 30s). He at first seemed typically religious and uneducated, and asked one of the police officers if they knew how much the WBC protesters were costing taxpayers in security and if he could sue them for it. I explained that couldn't happen, and allowing such suits would infringe on free speech... and he actually agreed and changed his mind! He agreed that it is certainly a lesser evil to allow such mindless bigots to speak out than to allow the government to inhibit their speech in any way. I was mildly impressed.

EDIT: Psy, there were a couple of younger brainwashed girls there, but they were turned off by the Fraggle hate. They clearly don't read the Bible very closely!
    Damn, A'yo, we're gonna have to get some sluts from a strip club psy. Brainwashed chicks will simply not cut it...
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

They actually toured to my HIGH SCHOOL the year after I graduated. I was so upset that kind of drama didn't go down while I was there. I never was sure why they went to all the high schools in my district, it seemed random. Their website said something about being compliant and not standing up for true morality if I remember correctly.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I wish WBC would come here. Right down into the fabulous Short North. It would be absolutely mesmerizing.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

I am going to protest the WBC on Ohio State's campus tomorrow. Waking up at 6 to draw out my sign.

Definitely going to make a cloud connected by Rainbows and draw a crucified stick figure with a caption that says

"If you hang out with 12 dudes and have abs, you might be gay... or Jesus."

I also did the God Hates Figs sign with a passage from the Book of Spartacus. I was interviewed by the local ABC 6 news here in Columbus and apparently it wound up on TV.

EDIT FOR PICTURES!

Last edited by Dignified Pauper; 10-04-2010 at 08:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I see that Boba!

So apparently these people are coming here for some or another. Protesting at our schools and churches . I'm thinking about going. Freya was telling me that another God Hates Fraggles sign would be pretty funny.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Dignified Pauper View Post
    I am going to protest the WBC on Ohio State's campus tomorrow. Waking up at 6 to draw out my sign.

Definitely going to make a cloud connected by Rainbows and draw a crucified stick figure with a caption that says

"If you hang out with 12 dudes and have abs, you might be gay... or Jesus."

I also did the God Hates Figs sign with a passage from the Book of Spartacus. I was interviewed by the local ABC 6 news here in Columbus and apparently it wound up on TV.
    Did they come here?
    I like Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII View Post
    I see that Boba!

So apparently these people are coming here for some or another. Protesting at our schools and churches . I'm thinking about going. Freya was telling me that another God Hates Fraggles sign would be pretty funny.
    God Hates Muggles.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I see that Boba!

DO IT. The Fraggle hatred must be spread! You can also include this bit of Scripture: "Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones." - Psalm 137:9. Obviously referring to Fraggles.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

xD Well now I can't not do it. DP's picture has inspired me to also wear my Boba helmet to this shindig.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Crap, I hang out 12 men so I must be gay.

Articles
    Blog Entries

What's this with the fraggle hate? Fraggle Rock was awesome.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    I see that Boba!

DO IT. The Fraggle hatred must be spread! You can also include this bit of Scripture: "Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones." - Psalm 137:9. Obviously referring to Fraggles.
    so that's what you were quoting! I was seriously led to believe the word fraggle was in the bible (and didn't bother to check). So when reporters asked you 'wtf?' you started quoting infanticide and parenting advice from the bible?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by kotora View Post
    What's this with the fraggle hate? Fraggle Rock was awesome.
    I never actually watched it. The "hate" is kind of an inside joke. A friend of mine started a website "God Hates Fraggles" (no longer used, sadly) in reference to the WBC's catch phrase "God Hates Fags."

Quote Originally Posted by PG
    so that's what you were quoting! I was seriously led to believe the word fraggle was in the bible (and didn't bother to check). So when reporters asked you 'wtf?' you started quoting infanticide and parenting advice from the bible?
    Yes.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Come to Memphis!