Thread: Thoughts on BBS ending, Blank Points, and the possibilities for KHIII *SPOILERS*

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Cool Thoughts on BBS ending, Blank Points, and the possibilities for KHIII *SPOILERS*

Wow, that's a mouthful. Obviously, this is a thread for those of us who have finished BBS and seen the secret ending Blank Points so this is your last chance to avoid major spoilers

Anyway, I just finished BBS the other night and then youtubed Blank Points cause god knows it will be awhile before I get 100% completion for all three characters and I don't feel like playing the game on Proud or Critical mode just yet.

Anyway, the Final Chapter certainly cleans up the WTF ending for the three character chapters and simply put... damn. I'm starting to think that part of the problem with KH2 was that it bucked the series tradition of having a bittersweet if not downright sad ending. BBS was kind enough to go back to the old trends and its ending is more powerful for it.

So now we know the truth about Xehanort, why Sora can use two keyblades and why Roxas doesn't look anything like him, we also finally understand what Riku meant in KH1 when he said the Keyblade was for him, and the real surprise was finally learning the truth about Castle Oblivion's origins and why Xemnas kept sending Axel their to find a specific room in 358/2.

We also have a pretty good setup for Sora's next adventure and the possibility of seeing a whole slew of old characters people thought were gone for good.

Thoughts?

I can't wait for when Kingdom Hearts III comes out after another ten years and fifteen side-games.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

We still probably have to wait a bit more, since Re:Coded and KH:3DS were announced sooner and I wonder what those titles will add to what we already know now, since all loose ends seem to have been tied by now, right?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've cheated a bit and already know about what KH:coded brings to the story but to my defense this was long before the DS port was announced. KH: coded has to do with the letter King Mickey sent and has strong connections to 358/2 and BBS towards the end. In a lot of ways its similar to Chain of Memories in that it looks like a rehash of previous games but the story content is new and will most likely be very important to the plot.

KH3D has no info except Nomura did confirm it takes place after KH:coded. As for KH3, we know we shouldn't really be even thinking about an announcement for it until FFVersusXII is finally released in presumably 2012 if the title doesn't land in a snag and gets delayed. Nomura has also mentioned in interviews and the Ultimania that there are still a few missing stories in KH with 358/2 and BBS solving a few but apparently there is a story about Riku that still needs to be told and one about King Mickey as well. So assuming KH3D is not related to either we can at least expect two more spin-off titles. Not to mention a possible remake or port of any of the earlier titles. I could see SE wanting to release a collection of KH before KH3 comes out where they package KH1, KH:COM Re, and KH2 together for console release.

My thoughts are they need to stop delaying the process with useless spin offs designed to milk the cow like 358-over-stupid name, re:coded, KH3-D, and a game everyone has lost any and all interest in (Final Fantasy Versus XIII) and just start working on Kingdom Hearts III already.

At this rate I'm looking at KH3 to be on the PlayStation 5 or the Xbox 1080.