Thread: Video Games Live or Play!

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Video Games Live or Play!

Have you ever seen one of these orchestras live? how was it? For those not familiar with them, they're orchestras who play video game music, everything from Mario, Zelda and Final Fantasy to Halo, Warcraft and Metal Gear Solid. Check them out on Youtube, they're really great.

I'm totally psyched about wanting to see a concert like this. I know at least Video Games Live are coming to Sweden next year, so I'm going to try to catch them then. Rantzien, Fujiko and Breine should come share hotel room with me.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

In 2008 when I was at blizzcon they played there. It was awesome. I wanna see a complete show.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I went to the Final Fantasy orchestra concert like 5 years ago at the Hollywood Bowl. It was pretty awesome. Video Games Live is swinging by San Francisco next year so I'm pretty sure we'll check it out while its in town.

Blog Entries

The Eminence Orchestra (which I believe is a Sydney-based one) does an annual show called A Night in Fantasia and all the play is classical renditions of video game and anime music. It's pretty cool, but the only time I went was in 2007, when they were kind of the coolest thing going on at the time and decided to do two concerts; the first devoted only to anime and the second only to video games. I went to the latter.

I can't remember exactly what they played. The Mario theme was there, I think. And the encore piece was One Winged Angel (to which all us nerds wildly cheered - my girlfriend had never felt so facepalm, I'm sure). The big screen showed some of the gameplay and cinematic scenes of the various games, so it was very cool.

I went to similar sort of thing later that year with a big group of old friends and had front row seats to boot. It was a much bigger concert as it was at the Opera House and it was some orchestra that had travelled from overseas, but I was so tired that I fell asleep halfway through =\
    So I'm two from two when it comes to falling asleep at the Sydney Opera House. (the other occasion was a play I had to see for school in 2003). xD

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    Have you ever seen one of these orchestras live? how was it? For those not familiar with them, they're orchestras who play video game music, everything from Mario, Zelda and Final Fantasy to Halo, Warcraft and Metal Gear Solid. Check them out on Youtube, they're really great.

I'm totally psyched about wanting to see a concert like this. I know at least Video Games Live are coming to Sweden next year, so I'm going to try to catch them then. Rantzien, Fujiko and Breine should come share hotel room with me.
    YUS :breine:

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I want to go see a shoooow.