Thread: Your Chrono Trigger end game party

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Your Chrono Trigger end game party

Do you say "no" to Magus and let him join you?

Do you revive Crono?

I usually finish the game with all 7 players. I recently created a second save file right before fighting Magus in Zeal, so I could go on to beat the game with only 5 players without having to start from the beginning again.

Discuss.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I usually run Crono Maus Ayla.
    Crono with Prisim Specs, Magus with Gold Stud and Ayla switching between Sun/Prisim Specs, Gold/Silver Stud, or Charm Top depending on which play through I am on and what I am doing.

Strengths:
    - Everyone has an extremely powerful damage tach
    - You can charm all the good stuff off every boss
    - Magus's low level Magic can AoE through most fights when you combin his high magic stat, the fact that his level 2 elemental spells are over a third more powerful to begin with, and his ability to match all elemental weaknesses.
    - Between Chrono and Ayla you have the ability to deal a ton of Physical damage through techs or attacks.

Weaknesses:
    - Healing. I usually save up all my Magic Tabs from the game and give them to Ayla, doubling her naturally low magic stat and causing Kiss to heal for over 600 damage. Lack of AoE heal still hurts though.
    - Weak in the double tech department. Falcon Hit is super useful in situations, but I never use any of the others.
    - Magus is quite weak against Zeal, but I take him anyways for the music.

I've beaten the game without Magus or Crono, but I always pick them up unless I have a reason not to.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I allow Magus to join the party.

I complete the necessary requirements to revive Crono and allow him to lead the final party composed of Crono, Marle, and Lucca.

I imagine that if I were to play the game again that I would try to diversify my party and use everyone more equally.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I didn't know you could go to the end game without Crono or Magus. I attempted to make him not join the party because I remembered on my first playthrough I didn't like him, but he still came the 2nd time around. This year was my first time beating the game and I did it with a party of Crono, Marle, and Robo I believe it was. It might've been Lucca or Frog instead of Robo.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    I usually run Crono Maus Ayla.
    Crono with Prisim Specs, Magus with Gold Stud and Ayla switching between Sun/Prisim Specs, Gold/Silver Stud, or Charm Top depending on which play through I am on and what I am doing.

Strengths:
    - Everyone has an extremely powerful damage tach
    - You can charm all the good stuff off every boss
    - Magus's low level Magic can AoE through most fights when you combin his high magic stat, the fact that his level 2 elemental spells are over a third more powerful to begin with, and his ability to match all elemental weaknesses.
    - Between Chrono and Ayla you have the ability to deal a ton of Physical damage through techs or attacks.
    I usually go with the same party for those reasons. All three of those characters are powerhouses.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I usually take Crono, Marle, and Lucca to the final boss fights.

I use the same tactic for every boss. I spam Luminaire and Antipode 3, with the occasional healing item. Gotta love those Gold Studs!

Thank you Spatvark, for your excellent walkthrough.

I like using Crono Magus Frog, since I tend to pick characters I like in the story over gameplay. :V

I usually like to switch it up, but for endgame I stick with Crono, Marle, & Magus

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I find it interesting that Marle has been mentioned a few times. I found most characters in this game to have strengths and weakness that come down to personal preference, but I always considered Marle to be by far the weakest out of the cast.

She is weak in physical and magical damage. I know she is supposed to be seen as a primary healer, but her lack of AoE healing spells places here behind healers like Frog and Robo, who offer so much more in other areas.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Her double/triple techs aren't that bad, and they give a boost to her magical attacking abilities, but in general I also found her to be the weakest character by far. That is, unless you are playing the DS version and get that bow of hers that always does 777 damage. That thing comes in handy...

She also has a weak theme song.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Crono Marle and Frog was my latest party. I use Marle because she has the Haste spell which is quite useful and also Double Cure with Frog and Marle is amazing. Using this party I was also able to beat Lavos in the Ocean palace.

One of the most useful groups I put together were Chrono, Robo, and Magus.

Just give Robo all your magic tabs and a few speed tabs and he becomes a beast.

He gets some decent damage with a higher magic with all his elementals. The only element he doesn't have assess too is water, and on top of it he has some solid offense and insane durability. Though the real reason for the magic boosting is his cure beam will heal the party for really high values, keeping up with Marles dual abilities using only himself.

Between him and Chrono, the physical game is won, and with Magus it's a massacre on the magic front. The only element you're limited on is Water, though in the end thats barely a drawback.

Tis a settup with next to no flaws, full of epic win.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Crono, Ayla, and Frog is my favorite party. I switch out Frog and Lucca pretty regularly. And I use all three for that part when Crono is unavailable.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Ayla, Frog, Crono/Magus.

I create a separate save file just before you can get Magus so I can have one with him and one without. Then I leave Crono dead while I play through the rest of the game up until just before the last boss. Doing this you can beat the game with no Crono or Magus. Crono with no Magus. Magus with no Crono, or both Crono and Magus. It let's you see all the possible first playthrough endings with only two save files. When both of them are available I never put both in the party though.

Blog Entries

First time I ran Chrono, Frog and Marle because I needed the healing. On new game + I use Chrono, Robo and Ayla for heavy damage since I have a lot of MegaElixers and dont lose any in the final battle.

I always get Magus though for completions sake.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!