Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Justin Bieber et al.

Default Justin Bieber et al.

Why do people hate Justin Bieber so much? In what way does he have an effect on your every day life? I've seen backlash against the popular groups/artists that a certain demographic flock to by the opposite demographic, but there seems to be extra bile when it comes to Bieber.

You know what. Music is my profession. I ran around half a year with kids from K-12 before actually found out who Justin Bieber was. If I was so unaware while being surrounded by his demographic, then how is he so invasive into the lives of people to the point that they have to hate him and wish him ill? It's like people are going out of their way to find out about him so they can hate him.

And while this is specifically about Bieber, it stands generally for all artists. People seem to love finding an artist to hate. Lady Gaga is another great example that people love to pick on. Why? Because she's weird? I'd swear a lot of the same people who hate Gaga now respected Marilyn Manson for his artistic choices.

Honestly I didn't know who Bieber until about nine months back..and about half way I found out that he was Canadian too..

I don't find him to my music taste, although his catchy lil phrase 'baby, baby' constantly rears its ugly head and haunts me (no thanks to my cousin :P )

However I won't go out of my way to trash for just because

Maybe most people just hate him out of jealously that he found a way to express his singing talent and a record producer actually manage to come across him on the net and made him what he is now.....

As far as Lady Gaga goes, I respect her cause she ACTUALLY did work hard to reach this level of fame and if her kooky outlandish is part of her mantra, so be it.....

I find Marylin Manson far more creepy than Gaga (actually it more has to do with his contact lenses which I'm uncomfortable with)

A person I also dislike for his insatiable ego is Kayne West..Yes some of his music is good, but him declaring himself to the voice of my generation is really overstepping his abilities as an artist...

The only person I would out right mock is the late MJ....He was handsome black man and wasn't so bad when he did the black and white album...The level of mutilation he did with his face (for what ever reason) made look like a for a lack of better word...a freak....Someone really should have stopped him from doing all that..

I also find that people just get on the bandwagon when they see that mocking someone is far more interesting than actually listening to their music.A form of social bullying I suppose..

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

Articles
    Blog Entries

The most popular 'pop artists' are simply the easiest to pick on because everybody has heard about them. I personally believe that it's not so much bieber/gaga etc. but just record companies in general that are the culprits, and in my eyes they've basically killed 'real' music (for the sake of discussion I guess I'd call real music the kind that doesn't have auto-tune and scripted live shows that are more about the dancing and costumes than the actual music). It's easier to say "Man, Justin Bieber really sucks" than it is to say "Man, Joe Blow, the head of Sony BMG, really sucks" because no one knows who that guy is.

They give you singers like Kesha and T-Pain who actually make their money from having voices that are obviously auto-tuned and on the other side of the spectrum you're given a band like Kings of Leon or Paramore who are presented as your only non-pop alternative. Then actual hard working bands have to work twice as hard just to make it to a point in their career where they may be able to make enough to survive off of their music. Justin Bieber didn't deserve to be discovered any more than probably 1 million other 'actual' bands that have put themselves on Youtube.

And Marilyn Manson, despite whatever stylistic choices he may make, has a voice that could probably strip Lady Gaga of her skin, and I'd probably say that to anyone who was trying to compare the two.

Blog Entries

The mental image of teenagers rolling around in piles of money while I slave away makes me nauseas

I dont go out of my way to insult him though.
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 09-28-2010 at 09:52 AM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

It's easy to despise those who made it big if you don't consider them to have any talent. You can dislike performers because they're not to your taste without hating them - but it's easy to make way for hate when you don't consider them to have any right to their glorified position.

Blog Entries

I spend my time loving the artists I like instead of wasting time hating the artists I don't like. Being in music every day of your life makes you realise you need to respect music whether you like it or don't. It's a hard industry to crack.
    If I turn my back I'm defenceless, and to go blindly seems senseless.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Counterculture is cool.

cause he's a little twat?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    cause he's a little twat?
    that and what eternal essence said about hating the record label CEOs.

Bieber just really annoys me cause i don't like his brand of pop anyway, and i can't escape from it because his songs are always playing on the radio at work... he got too popular too quickly and that just made him annoying through overexposure, anyway after his voice cracks his career is over, just look at all the little kid stars of the past, it's gonna happen...

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Elly View Post
    Bieber just really annoys me cause i don't like his brand of pop anyway, and i can't escape from it because his songs are always playing on the radio at work... he got too popular too quickly and that just made him annoying through overexposure, anyway after his voice cracks his career is over, just look at all the little kid stars of the past, it's gonna happen...
    I don't see him becoming a producer, so there's hope.

Why do I hate? I don't hate - I just dislike his brand of music. He's 4 years old and singing about love and girls; can you really take that seriously?

There's no other reason for me. When you start comparing his musical talent / skills versus other people, it becomes apples vs oranges. To me it's always going to be that he has no credibility.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I assume it's for the same reason everyone hated N'Sync, Backstreet Boys and 98 Degrees when I was in middle/high school.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    I assume it's for the same reason everyone hated N'Sync, Backstreet Boys and 98 Degrees when I was in middle/high school.
    Because they're souless, manufactured garbage who's sole purpose in the industry is to make money instead of making people think, making people inspired or making people feel something beyond a catchy hook.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Because they're souless, manufactured garbage who's sole purpose in the industry is to make money instead of making people think, making people inspired or making people feel something beyond a catchy hook.
    No, because "HURR GAY GAY GAY THEY SING GURRRRLY MUSIC LOOK HOW MANY GURRLS LIKE THEM GAY" etc.

Not that you don't have a valid point or that I'm disagreeing, but that's certainly not why everyone at my school couldn't stop bashing N'Sync and calling them talentless as they were listening to the latest Korn or Blink 182 album with glowing pride.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Everything is better than soulless pop music.