Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: save your money dont buy this game

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

The main reason they don't allow you to redo them is people could abuse the extra exp you gain from doing a leve. If you could constantly do 90% of a leve and then abandon it somehow then you'd end up getting constantly high exp rates even on solo, which is something SE want to avoid. They want people to party up for that kind of benefit. Still, if you log off and log on again I think it should keep your timer going as if you never left, personally.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I suppose that makes sense.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

That could be a reason, but it's still a pretty bad reason. There are many ways they could have avoided such a problem without screwing over people who lost their connection or crashed.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Depends on how easy it would be to program such things in, I imagine. I personally don't think you should be allowed to redo something if you fail it until the leve timer resets. I prefer it that way, even if sometimes I fail. It actually requires you to seriously think over things and consider how good you really are, to be a bit cautious on occasion, etc. I don't want to play a game where you are considered a smart player by constantly doing leves and failing them, either. I genuinely don't see the problem with the way leves are set up - at the moment I'm spending as much time as anyone on EoFF in the game but still struggle to find the time to get all my leves done at the same time as leveling up normally.

Basically, I like games that give 'meaning' to failure without going into overkill. At the moment you don't get penalised for dying outside of a few minutes of weakness, which is no big deal. With levequests, I like that there is the fear of failure involved instead of turning it into "Ohhhhh, poor baby, you didn't win? Here, have another go, right away! Who's my special boy? Yes you are! Yes you are!"
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

It'd be fine if the leve's weren't so limited. I count only two leve's for mining from rank 1 to 10.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Actually, the problem with losing leves as you DC would be solved if the leve quest simply remained active when you logged in again. Disconnect with half of the leve done? Log in again with the same half of the leve done. I don't see a way to exploit this, and it didn't take me too long to think of. I have no idea how hard it's gonna be to code it, but I don't really care either, that's SE's problem :p.

-edit-
    oh, bob already sort of suggested that
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?