Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: save your money dont buy this game

Default save your money dont buy this game

this game is the worst mmorpg i have ever played in my life and i have been playing games for over 25 years just do yourselfs a favor check the reviews out there and even the japanese players are rating this game very badly i played this game for 3 days and have already cancelled my account the game mechanics fail badly here just a few of the failed problems of this game 1) no auction house?? no really there isnt one what a joke you can spend a hour clicking on other peoples retainers trying to find the item you need 2) experience cap WTF were you people thinking 3) no zoom on the map how hard is it to design that lol 4) pay more money for extra characters please no thanks 5) everyone can have the same classes so grouping up will be super frustrating 6) you cant invite someone to a linkshell/guild unless you meet them personally first come on be for real 7) keyboard/mouse NOT friendly at all in short term its horrible 8) to chat with someone you have to type the persons name everytime to reply no really what a joke i could go on and on and on about how badly this game was made i played ffxi for 2 years and its better than this piece of crap just do yourselfs a favor and just dont buy this game at all

Blog Entries

You're too late. Lots of us already bought it. We also have a very severe disease that causes us to like it. I'm so sorry.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

ITT: Misinformation.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

You joined just to slag off a game? Will you be posting in the other forums at all?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Some of those are valid concerns and some are just plain wrong. I think your concerns that are valid will be fixed by SE eventually. Give them some time, maybe until the PS3 version?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Yeah, FF14's main problem is that they released a beta build.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I agree with the TS, if he didn't buy the game he could've gotten some grammar lessons instead. Couldn't even read his post beyond the first line.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Considering I have already bought the game over a week ago I would consider this way to late, additionally I love the game, awesome community and the no AH thing is actually a good idea as no one knows how much the items should be and it would be much betting in the short run to not have an AH as it would be a wonderful tool for RMT's to use, but fear not, if you really hate the game then maybe you could pass your account on to someone who
    1. Likes the game.
    2. knows how to construct a sentence with proper grammar.
    and
    3. Does not join websites just to slag off a game.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserDragon View Post
    Considering I have already bought the game over a week ago I would consider this way to late, additionally I love the game, awesome community and the no AH thing is actually a good idea as no one knows how much the items should be and it would be much betting in the short run to not have an AH as it would be a wonderful tool for RMT's to use, but fear not, if you really hate the game then maybe you could pass your account on to someone who
    1. Likes the game.
    2. knows how to construct a sentence with proper grammar.
    and
    3. Does not join websites just to slag off a game.
    Posts like this make me wish forums had a "Like/X users liked this" button. Guess the reputation system will have to do.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Too bad no reputation system is complete without the ability to give negative rep!

I'm liking the game. My only complaint is that when you fail a guildleve you have to wait almost two days to repeat it, which is especially frustrating when the current leve gets aborted for no reason with 20 minutes left on the clock.

Sure there are some other issues, but every MMO launch I've played has these kind of issues that usually get ironed out fairly quickly.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Hahaha they still haven't fixed that? lol.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Rostum View Post
    I'm liking the game. My only complaint is that when you fail a guildleve you have to wait almost two days to repeat it, which is especially frustrating when the current leve gets aborted for no reason with 20 minutes left on the clock.

Sure there are some other issues, but every MMO launch I've played has these kind of issues that usually get ironed out fairly quickly.
    The only time I've had that happen is when I went to the aetheryte to abandon it or I disconnected. So perhaps the reason they haven't ironed that out quickly is because not many people are having it happen... I've done probably about 100 leves altogether now but haven't had them disappear without cause. How strange.

The disconnect one is a pain, though. They treat that as "You left the zone, and therefore abandoned the quest" which sucks. Especially when you had already done 90% of the leve!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have no intentions of buying this game, MMORPGs are not to my liking
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rostum View Post

The only time I've had that happen is when I went to the aetheryte to abandon it or I disconnected. So perhaps the reason they haven't ironed that out quickly is because not many people are having it happen... I've done probably about 100 leves altogether now but haven't had them disappear without cause. How strange.

The disconnect one is a pain, though. They treat that as "You left the zone, and therefore abandoned the quest" which sucks. Especially when you had already done 90% of the leve!
    Yeah, I'm really not sure what happened. It only happened once, but maybe it was to do with the guardian favor thing. Can't remember if I had it on or not. I hope they do fix it so you can just re-do it right then and there.

Quote Originally Posted by crono_logical View Post
    I have no intentions of buying this game, MMORPGs are not to my liking
    Then halex42's advice served you well.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."