Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who are your top 3 FF charecters and why

Default Who are your top 3 FF charecters and why

For me in no particular order it would be Zidane because he was my first, he seemed a cool mellow sort of guy who would help any Tom Dick or Harry who needed it. Those are good credentials for a hero right. He also had a tough side which he only showed when he needed it, all round good guy in my view. Next up it is Fang, During my 1st play through I didn't warm to her at all, found her be arrogant etc. On my 2nd play through I got the impression that she had to be the tough girl to protect her self and Vanille. When I started to use her in battle I really got to like her as she took pleasure in stomping even the smallest flan back in to the ground. I thought her in-fight dialog was the best of all the VA dialogs we have heard in battle. Next up is Auron the toughest dead guy you will ever meet. Cool as a cucumber and hard as nails this guy could kick some serious arse. Also ranks in 2nd in my in fight dialog poll. I love the way he strolls in to the party and in stills a real work man like attitude to the game, puts a stop to crazy Yuna and Tidus laughing as well for that alone he makes the top 3 How about you?
    http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/LOTS3/sign/ I am , sign petition and make me BACK IN A FEW DAYS, WHEN COMPUTER IS REPAIRED.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

1 Delitia, - FFT
    I firmly believe he was a hero who saved Ivalice at the expense of his own soul. The fact that people debate if he is one of the games heroes, major villain or something in between just shows how complex his action are to judge.

2 Lightning - FF13
    Wow, I never would have guessed she would be in a top #10 list, but when I started going through the characters I really like here she is. I liked her always pissed off attitude. How when she felt she was getting jerked arround by the Fal'Cie she just wanted to take the fight to them and kick their asses or die trying. And, most importantly of all I think her character animation are just amazing. For me FF13 was a fairly mediocre title, seeing her rip it up in battle just might have been what pushed the title into enjoyable

3 Cid - FF7
    I like him for the same reasons just about everyone else thinks he is awesome. Nuff' said.

And after this it becomes a huge jumble and I am glad I don't have to keep ranking them.

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

In no particular order:

Cloud: He's awesome for all the reasons he's not hyped about. He's got a great story and great character arc. Also, he was a real main character before FF leads started being picked out of a hat and matched up with plots on a dart board.

Aeris: I guess she's the stereotypical mystic healer girl, but she fits in so well with FFVII's setting that I can't possibly hate her for being a cliche. I also like her because she comes off like an actual 20-something-year-old girl from a big city. Her limit breaks make her a unique addition to the party. Her death was actually moving back before every gaming website's mandatory and creepy 'Has a video game ever made you cry' thread made it into a huge joke.

Vivi: One of the few characters from FFIX who isn't stupid, predictable or Disney. Great storyline, too. Should have been the main character. I smurfing love his floppy hat.

Runners-up!: Tifa, Balthier and FFVI's cast as a collective

This is gonna require some thinkin'!

1st-Selphie
    I know alot of people cannot stand her but, i just love her! When FF8 was released she was the person who was nearly constantly in the party, never in the warm up bench! I liked her dark sense of humour, and the fact she tried her best to keep on smileing whatever happened. I sorta wished she played the lead female instead of Rinoa, but that's another topic, for another day!

2nd-Vivi
    What's not to love about Vivi? He is the cutest ff character ever made. His personaility is one of the reasons that made me enjoy the game as much as i did. Hes a loveable character, mature for his age and a complete badass.

3rd- Basch fon ronsenburg!
    He should of been the main lead! But for some reason square thought it would help adding a winey child in. His story with his brother was really nice. He was just so manly aswell! Baring shame and all that.

Honorable mentions:
    Tifa,Eiko,Balthier,Fran,Zidane,Cloud,Red,Barret,Penelo,Squall,Freya,Lightning and Sazh

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

1. Faris
    She's a pirate. What's cooler than I pirate? And she always gets first dibs on all the cool jobs.

2. Gilgamesh
    FOOLS! You face the mightiest swordsman in all Ivalice! You face ME! GILGAMESH! Long have I sought the blade of legend, scoured have I the furthest marches, east and west! And now my search brings me HERE! To YOU! Your weapons are forefeit to me!!!

3. Ashe
    I like Princesses who aren't useless and she's far from useless.

Blog Entries

This is HARD.

1. Ramza. I liked his conflict, and though Delita was also an amazing character, I am going to say Ramza.

2. Lightning. I can't believe people hated her! I thought she had pretty good reason to be a bitch.

3. Barret. Because.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Zidane Tribal: Out of all the FF games Zidane is my compadre. Zidane is a man unlike that can take things less seriously when he needs to and doesn't let the tragic and troubling events around him to hinder his composure. He is also a character with much personality. During the times when he needs to be serious he is empathetic, courageous, and determined. He is also quite skilled with blades and is stealthy as well.

Quotes from Zidane
    You don't need a reason to help people.
    Cheesy, but the message relies in good intentions.
    Ooh, soft!
    Personality shown here.

Vivi Orunitia:Often mentioned by IX fans even before Zidane and I can understand the reason for that. Vivi's art design automatically makes him stand out the most. It is unique, odd, and cute all at the same time. The primary reason I value Vivi though is because of his involvement in the story. He is only a small child venturing across the world on his own until he arrives to Alexandria and decides to see a play. I'm not going to describe the whole plot here since you all already know it, but what can be said in short here that Vivi's journey from (SPOILER)questioning his existence to coming into terms to his fate is astonishing and touching to the heart.
    "Vivi... Do you really know what you're doing? The answer you seek may forever change your life for the worse." (Freya)
    "Um...... Y-yeah... But... But I have to... I have to find out who I am... I'm scared... What if I'm not even human...?"
    "Vivi..." (Freya)
    "Maybe we are just puppets created to serve humans..." (Black Mage 288)
    "I was very confused when my grandpa died. He told me, 'Vivi, no need be sad.' So I told myself I can't be sad. That's why I felt confused when I heard everyone was stopping around here. I didn't know what to do or what to feel... But when I saw Dagger crying when her mum died, I wasn't confused anymore. I was sad... If I were just a puppet, I never would've felt that way. Mr. 288... we aren't puppets. I know we aren't. I hate him. I hate Kuja!! He's turning everyone into puppets just to kill people!!! If it weren't for him, I know everyone would understand someday. It's not fair."
    Garnet Til Alexandros XVII: My favorite of the series' summoners. Garnet wasn't like the typical princess told in stories. She wasn't a damsel in distress waiting for her knight to carry her off. She was determined to change things by her own cause. A bit naive, but she was also kind and her personal back story is a surprising and interesting tale.

(SPOILER)Queen Brahne: I... I... can hear... my daughter's voice.
    Garnet: Yes, Mother! I'm here! Right here...
    Queen Brahne: I... I am empty now... Free... Free... of that... terrible... greed.
    Garnet: Mother...
    Queen Brahne: I haven't... felt this way... since I saw that play... with you... and your father. I led... Alexandria... down... the path... of ruin... The people... will be... happier... with you... on the throne...

(SPOILER)Garnet: No... I can't... I can't let anything happen to my mother.
    Zidane: Dagger?
    Garnet: Zidane, I... I have to save her!
    Zidane: Uhh, Dagger? She extracted eidolons from you and started a war!
    Garnet: I still don't want her to die!
    Zidane: But she didn't care one bit whether you lived or died! You don't have to call her "Mother" anymore!
    Garnet: She's my only mother! I don't care if you don't understand!
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 10-04-2010 at 09:36 PM.

Cecil Harvey: I know most people think of him as bland, but I find him to be the exact opposite, seeing how he constantly tries to redeem himself for his past actions, and how he abandoned his life in Baron, the only one he knew, to do the right thing. Also, it was because of Cecil and his friendships that he made with so many people, that both the Giant of Bab-il and Zeromus were defeated.

Golbez: He's one of the few FF Villains that aren't all "lol, destroy/rule the world". Sure, he's like that for most of the game, but he was mind controlled because of the darkness stained in his heart (and it's not like he did anything really bad that stained his heart. Also, it's not like he was mind controlled because he succumbed to his feelings of jealousy and envy, unlike someone I know). What I really like about Golbez is that he knows he'll never be forgiven and he'll hever be able to redeem himself, yet he never stops trying, whether it's in FFIV's ending, Dissidia Final Fantasy, or FFIV: The After Years. The fact that he's in the middle when it comes to being a hero or villain (to quote Golbez from Dissidia: "I could not accept the darkness, yet I do not belong to the light.") makes him a really interesting and deep character.

Cyan Garamonde: The fact that he's able to fight to the best of his ablility and keep a strong face, with the death of everyone from his nation weighing heavily on his soul, makes him a really admirable character to me. He arguably has the biggest emotional burden to bear (especially the death of his king, wife, and son), yet he's able to keep it soley to himself and press on.

Aeris: she's quirky, funny and friendly. I love how she lives in the slums and gets harrassed by turks and it just a normal day for her. Her Relationship with Cloud while she was alive was fun and they had great chemistry, her friendship with Tifa is great as well, there isn't petty triangle competition between them. I always actually miss her.

Basch: He got wrongly imprisoned in a cage for three years and remained cheerful and loyal to Ashe even after she smacked that!

Yuffie: i think she has the most outfit changes of any of the characters lol. she is a pain in the ass but she kicks it in equal amount
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just three? Tough, even though I know my main two for years, I had to think about my third. (Mayve I'll do a full list one day)

1. Squall - I really connect with his storyline, partly becuase I went through a Squall-like phase when I was younger, so I guess i related to him. I loved how he always appeared like he didn't care but secretly did, and was just avoiding making any connections to anyone purley becuase he has been alone all this time - his romance with Rinoa was beutifully written, and one of the more belivable FF romances, I love the two of them as a couple, I could tell from disk 1 they would end up together. I loved how they kept showing us Squall's thoughts as that really helped me understand why he acted the way he did, and how he really does care about Rinoa (look at the dialogue during the FH scene in his thoughts). The EYES ON ME scene still rates as being one of my top tear-jerking moments in media.

2. Rinoa - You probably saw that coming. Not only did I find Rinoa to be perfect for Squall, but I also found her to be a very interesting character; she's the outsider of the group, but she keeps with them, becuase they meen something to her, she feels weak, but keeps fighting (of course, since she's always in my team, she's usually one of the better characters) he backstory, as well as her tragic scenes in becoming a Sorceress were beutifuly done - I loved how the scene between her and Squall were handled, I could tell that love was developing form disk 1, but was confirmed it more later - I would have loved to have known someone like Rinoa in real life - she seamed the kind of person who'd be good to see when you've been having a bad day.

3. Aeris - Not only was she one of my top tier charcters on FFVII, but I found her a very likable character, she was supportive to the others, and always seemed to be the one who kept thing going (SPOILER)her death is still one of the saddest moments in FF history for me,and I really loved the way she connected with the other characters, and I loved how there was a touch of ambgiuity towards how she intended to save the plantet, I was always facinated by her background as an Ancient, and I loved how she was such a nice person, despite having a difficult life when you think about it.

Yeah, I need to do a full list one day
    Last edited by MJN SEIFER; 10-05-2010 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Because; I made a MISTAKE! OK?!

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> 1- Garland: First FF villain..
    2- princess Luca: Fav NPC..
    3- Tidus: Mr Ritalin..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Wakka. His character development is just amazing, going from (SPOILER)die-hard Yevon believer to taking part in killing a maester and realizing he has been betrayed by the one thing he'd always believed in. That's harsh.

Tidus. (SPOILER)I just really like the fact that he gets introduced having everything he'd ever want - fame, blitzball skills, girls etc. And within 5 minutes he loses all that, going back to having nothing, lost in some strange place called Spira.

Delita. (SPOILER)It takes a serious strongwilled mind and heart to do everything he does, working his way up to finally bring order to Ivalice.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I'll keep it short and sweet. Lightning, Tidus, and Zell! I like how Lightning and Tidus develop throughout the game, and Zell I just find funny. He's the perfect action manga hero parody.

I'm bad about this. I'm always tempted to just say Cloud, Zack, and Vincent.
    But they're all almost the same character by some standards.

Then I'm tempted to say Squall and Noctis... but above applies.

Tidus felt like a new character to me and he had some cool moves.
    Then Balthier, I guess. He reminds of James Marsters
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

1. Zidane from ff9 is my number one just for being him

2. Both Yuna and Rikku from ff10-2 cos they are both fun characters

3. Sephiroth from ff7/ac/cc/ cos he's just plain evil ooo great lol