Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Thread: 4.0 the new 8.8?

Square Enix: “FF14 is a Disaster, We’ve Lost Player Trust” | Sankaku Complex

Lol....=/

According to Square Enix, the game has sold a healthy 630,000 copies since launch (190,000 in Japan, 210,000 in the US and 230,000 in the EU). The PS3 version is still scheduled for March.

Server populations have been in freefall since launch however, now standing in the region of 30,000 at peak, despite Square Enix extending the free trial by a month, and the reaction of players to the game has generally been negative.
    and also:

EDIT: Might be NSFW

EDIT BY BoB: Should be noted that NSFW = Not safe for posting, at least at EoFF.
    Last edited by Lionx; 11-05-2010 at 02:42 PM.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

I would like to add that Sankaku Complex has proven to have a personal vendetta against Square-Enix, as they love to sensationalise everything about them. If it is true or not, they have been known to make up crap just to put a bad light on Square-Enix. Also a warning that the website is NSWF.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Had to edit out the links as NSFW isn't allowed at EoFF. I'm sure people can search it up on Google if they want to though. But yeah - the population has declined on average but at peak it's still pretty bustling. 2,800 or so at peak during launch, 2,500 or so at peak in the past week at least. This is going by Lindblum stats. It might be that some servers are experiencing a hit more than others.

MILF - Yeah, I know, I see where you're coming from and agree. But while there is a lack of content, there are very few bugs for me - it's a wonderfully stable game in my experience. The lack of content is my biggest gripe. I guess MMO launches try to balance out stability and content, and in this case it was stability that won over SE's minds.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If they have put out a fairly stable, bug-free MMO, then I will say one thing about that and one thing only: Excellent. They deserve more than a pat on the back, because the industry standard is too often to put things out and fix the bugs in patches. That's sometimes unavoidable due to the nature of the genre but all too often it's used as an excuse by the head honchos to rush things out of the door with the attitude that it can be fixed later. So, (Taking you at your word and assuming your experience is representative) I wholeheartedly applaud SE for publishing a stable MMO and I hope that whatever else they do, that part of the game survives and thrives.

Hello,
    I'm not very experienced with MmO's but I always thought those "cons" were true of all of them.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Taking you at your word and assuming your experience is representative
    I know there are people out there who still get the odd crash, but it hasn't happened to me for a significant length of time. Then again, the lack of content means I've not been on as often as I was beforehand. Still, I have next week off...

Looking forward to the big patch coming up at the end of this month. Probably just after I finish my week off. >_<

This is the recent rumor thats going around. Its nothing official and probably off conjecture. But alot of people are talking about it.

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2010...be_f2p,1.shtml

Some say they will quit the second it goes f2p, others say its the only way they would be interested at all in the game. But who knows, its all rumors atm. Probably not true though but its somewhat interesting.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

A complete misunderstanding according to people who have read the full dialogue (or at least those that say they can read Japanese and have seen a more extensive dialogue, anyway) - apparently what was said is to do with Facebook games. It wasn't said in relation to FFXIV. The rumour mill started from that Sankaku place who, according to a lot of people, have some kind of agenda to get people to dislike anything to do with Square-Enix.

Not convinced yet with regards to the latest update on future content for FFXIV. It's mostly, from what I can see, one-off quests for storyline/class-quests, and the rest is all "additional guildleves". I want different kinds of content similar to the most simple of things such as "So-and-so will give you fame and gil for getting a wild onion" or whatever. Oh well. I'll probably still give it a go once the patch is out because I want to see how all the other updates work out. I wish EoFFers played this game at the same times I did, but oh well. If I could get more into the social side I'd probably be playing this game more often... but Football Manager 2011 has got a hold on me over the last week or so and probably will continue that hold until the first patch is out. =x

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That's good. At least they are acknowledging that this is currently an extended beta mode.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum