Thread: Combat Math?

Default Combat Math?

For FF1, Has anyone done the math on what a point of defense or attack actually DOES for your damage in/out? That and the numbers on the rest of the combat/stat system.

How much defense do the various mobs and bosses in the game have? Does relative level affect the damage done?

What governs crit chance?

What are the rules on mobs "running away?"

Mostly I'm wondering about defense, how much damage 1 more of it prevents/1 less increases damage taken (especially at low levels, single digit defense).

And also how do you determine evade chance? Does it vary from mob to mob? And how much per mob/which mob types are the hardest to evade? How much dodge does 1 point in evasion give you?

What determines how many times you attack? What are the chances for each number of attacks per class/weapon?
    <----Old Fogey

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

All this and more in the GameFAQs Game Mechanics Guide

(Had there been one question I wouldn't have been a dick and posted a link without an answer, but I'm not going through and finding all of them )
    I do no enemy ]damage] - [armor] = [final damage], so increasing your armor by 1 means you take 1 less damage from all attacks.